IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Whats worth getting on a new car

Old 10-11-13, 09:39 AM
bigtang1
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm on the East coast and the tire package was well worth the money on my 2IS - more than paid for itself in replace a couple of tires for me.
Old 10-11-13, 09:59 AM
scallahan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jokim
When getting a new IS 350, what extras that the dealers offer are worth getting? What did you guys choose and why?

Such as the tire warranty, extended warranty, low jack, vin # etching, extended warranty etc..
In my opinion, and as what I did, I didn't pay for any of the extras. Lexus is a great vehicle and company! They make quality vehicles and they stand behind them. I am on my second IS250, I owned an '06 and now a '14 model, and the only issue I had with my '06 is I had to replace an O2 Sensor - and that vehicle was pushing 115k miles!
My dad is actually friends with some high level Lexus peeps, and I met them when I was buying my new IS, and they told me even if your car is out of warranty, Lexus will most probably help you anyway and fix what needs to be fixed - they love their customers and they know they have quality stuff and want you to be fully satisfied.
Old 10-11-13, 10:24 AM
jokim
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for all the info. I'll skip all of the extras that they are offering when financing. Maybie i'll look into the rim and wheel though.

Does it cover all scrapes, flat tire etc?
Old 10-11-13, 10:54 AM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by scallahan
In my opinion, and as what I did, I didn't pay for any of the extras. Lexus is a great vehicle and company! They make quality vehicles and they stand behind them. I am on my second IS250, I owned an '06 and now a '14 model, and the only issue I had with my '06 is I had to replace an O2 Sensor - and that vehicle was pushing 115k miles!
My dad is actually friends with some high level Lexus peeps, and I met them when I was buying my new IS, and they told me even if your car is out of warranty, Lexus will most probably help you anyway and fix what needs to be fixed - they love their customers and they know they have quality stuff and want you to be fully satisfied.
My personal experience mirrors your sentiments. We have a 1999 rx 300 with 200,000 miles on it. The ONLY part replacement wh have had on it (other than normal wear and tear items) was the transmission at 135,000 milles. Lexus just charged us for the rebuilt transmission, no labor. So, I am not planning on getting an extended warranty on my 3IS.
Old 10-11-13, 12:03 PM
PhoenixOne
Rookie

Thanks for all the info. I'll skip all of the extras that they are offering when financing. Maybie i'll look into the rim and wheel though.

It doesn't cover curb rash. It covers bent rims, flat tires due to accidental road hazard...aka a big pot hole in a highway.
Old 10-11-13, 12:45 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

when I got the 2013 GS for my wife a few months ago we were offered the wheel protection. well my wife and curbs are like bees to honey, so I considered it, and I asked will if cover curb rash, he said NO and I said thanks anyway.
not surprised, what kind of policy would cover avoidable stupid things like neglect?
Old 07-16-14, 06:32 AM
jokim
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Do they still sell Full Rim & Tire warranty ?? On the East Coast, that can be very useful...

Extended Warranties can be purchased right before the 4yr and/or 50K Factory warranty expires... I picked one up for my ISF, when I realized I would be driving this one for a long time..

~ Joe Z
Just an update, the full rim and tire warranty was definitely worth getting for my IS350 F-sport. With all the pot holes this year I had all 4 wheels bent and I try to avoid all of them. Hit one bad at night and will be replacing the wheel and new tire. My service consultant says they been having a lot of these cars come in for wheel repairs.