IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Can someone who actually owns Atomic Silver describe it...

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-13, 09:55 AM
KeyserS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJP31
Attachment 300380

This is mine, it is a showroom shot but my other pics are too big to upload at the mo. The colours shown so far do the car justice and it is true to say the car does take on different hues depending on the light.

The guy that runs the Lexus dealership is a pal of mine and he said they have more compliments on this colour than any other.

Good luck.
That is an interesting picture. If I lived in a state where I would need to use a front plate, I would try to get the very frame that you see on that and then fabricate a custom plate to fit it and hope that the cops respect that as a reasonable compromise. I recently bought a very nice new camera and consequenly I am paying more attention to photographic techniques. This photo was likely taken with flash, and as a result the sensor was "clipped" in the part of the front of the car close to the camera. It greatly exaggerates the shiny effect, but it is an effect that enthusiasts photographers will frown on. Of course if you don't have a tripod and a way to attachg the camera it is moot, but in the ideal where you could set the flash to "slow synch" or reduce the flash level, you would get a better picture. If the camera has a histogram, it will reveal the cliiping when you review of the picture, and will do so before taking a picture except that the effect of the flash isn't knowable until after the picture has been taken. I don't mean to be raggin' on the picture and apologize if it seems I'm doing that. It is an interesting picture and certainly a better picture than a lot of the pictures I take when I don't have a lot of time to stop and remember everything that you have to remember. There have been many occasions where I took a whole bunch of pictures without remembering to check the white balance setting, or without making sure that that the ISO was set to Auto or set appropriately, etc.
Old 10-06-13, 02:04 PM
DJP31
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KeyserS
That is an interesting picture. If I lived in a state where I would need to use a front plate, I would try to get the very frame that you see on that and then fabricate a custom plate to fit it and hope that the cops respect that as a reasonable compromise. I recently bought a very nice new camera and consequenly I am paying more attention to photographic techniques. This photo was likely taken with flash, and as a result the sensor was "clipped" in the part of the front of the car close to the camera. It greatly exaggerates the shiny effect, but it is an effect that enthusiasts photographers will frown on. Of course if you don't have a tripod and a way to attachg the camera it is moot, but in the ideal where you could set the flash to "slow synch" or reduce the flash level, you would get a better picture. If the camera has a histogram, it will reveal the cliiping when you review of the picture, and will do so before taking a picture except that the effect of the flash isn't knowable until after the picture has been taken. I don't mean to be raggin' on the picture and apologize if it seems I'm doing that. It is an interesting picture and certainly a better picture than a lot of the pictures I take when I don't have a lot of time to stop and remember everything that you have to remember. There have been many occasions where I took a whole bunch of pictures without remembering to check the white balance setting, or without making sure that that the ISO was set to Auto or set appropriately, etc.
I took the photo using my iPhone 5 having just agreed to purchase this car. That's about as technical as I get with photography!
Old 10-06-13, 08:28 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by KeyserS
Good luck getting that frame. He is in the UK.