IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

No free gift for new purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-13, 10:02 AM
jhs82
Lead Lap

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by kimber13
I received a gift bag that contained a key chain, a Lexus t-shirt, and a pink rhinestone Lexus tumbler cup. I know y'all are jealous of my tumbler cup.
Hah, forgot about the litte bag. I got a key chain and USB flash drive in that.
Old 10-04-13, 10:49 AM
juvi22003
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by John510
I got offered free services up until 30K but Im pretty sure I paid for it in the price of the car.
LMAO im sure u did pay for it
Old 10-04-13, 11:04 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,500 Likes on 1,803 Posts

I had to ask for mine to be filled up with gas

It was the last day of the month and they were slammed.
Old 10-04-13, 12:55 PM
vbx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
I had to ask for mine to be filled up with gas

It was the last day of the month and they were slammed.
Lol, pretty sure a full tank of gas is included in all new purchases.

I clearly remember signing and initialized a document that said, I acknowledge the car was clean and washed, there was a full tank of gas, was showed all the features inside and out, etc etc.
Old 10-04-13, 01:10 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Its included, they had just forgotten to go get it gassed up.

FWIW, on the Jeep forums some dealers were trying to get away with not filling the vehicles up. When the members complained the dealers tried to say it wasn't a part of their pre-delivery prep.
Old 10-04-13, 03:21 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by praetor
The gas is mandatory IMHO. I have yet to take delivery of a new car and not get a full tank of gas. My dealer also offers 52 free car washes a year, free drinks and free Saturday brunch. To me those are all standard Lexus owner privileges.
Why do you say these are "all standard Lexus owner privileges"? My dealer didn't say anything about free car washes. Is that for all dealers?
Old 10-04-13, 03:24 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by vbx
Lol, pretty sure a full tank of gas is included in all new purchases.

I clearly remember signing and initialized a document that said, I acknowledge the car was clean and washed, there was a full tank of gas, was showed all the features inside and out, etc etc.
It's been a while since I bought a car so please let me know what are all the standard stuff I should be getting!
Old 10-04-13, 04:58 PM
vbx
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SonyHome
Why do you say these are "all standard Lexus owner privileges"? My dealer didn't say anything about free car washes. Is that for all dealers?
It depends on the dealership. I know for Infiniti, they give you a free car wash once a week. Just dive up and they'll wash your car while you wait.

With that said, I wouldn't let any dealership wash my car after it leaves the lot. SWIRLS GALORE. (I got a black car).
Old 10-04-13, 08:49 PM
ddb
Rookie

I got about $4K off the price on my IS350 F, full service for 3 years, a Lexus Key Chain, and everything x2 because I got the IS350F together with a CT200h for my wife which they gave me the same discount and same gifts

Gas tank has to be full, that is mandatory, if you didn't get it full, you have to go back to the dealer and complain.

Car wash is mandatory whenever you bring the car in for maintenance. But you can also bring the car to the dealer anytime you want for a free car wash, everyday if you like. The car wash is the simple one with a quick vacuum, no detailing of course.

If a dealer denies your free car wash you have to ask to speak to the manager. Lexus has made mandatory for all dealers to perform car wash as they want you to drive a clean Lexus for advertising purposes. How I know? Because I have some good inside contacts at Toyota and Lexus
Old 10-04-13, 08:56 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

You really don't want the dealer to wash your car...
Old 10-04-13, 08:59 PM
John510
Lead Lap

I get free unlimited car washes also but I prefer to wash it myself at home. Besides, who wants to drive all the way over to the dealer just to get a car wash? Easier to do it at home.
Old 10-05-13, 06:56 AM
PhoenixOne
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lexus Thermos and 2 coffee mugs came via UPS.
Old 10-05-13, 12:07 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SW13GS
You really don't want the dealer to wash your car...
If they have touchless wash and air dry I wouldn't mind in the winters to get the road salt off. Car wash in MN can cost any where from $5 - $10 each time if you go through automated wash.
Old 10-05-13, 12:09 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ddb
I got about $4K off the price on my IS350 F, full service for 3 years, a Lexus Key Chain, and everything x2 because I got the IS350F together with a CT200h for my wife which they gave me the same discount and same gifts

Gas tank has to be full, that is mandatory, if you didn't get it full, you have to go back to the dealer and complain.

Car wash is mandatory whenever you bring the car in for maintenance. But you can also bring the car to the dealer anytime you want for a free car wash, everyday if you like. The car wash is the simple one with a quick vacuum, no detailing of course.

If a dealer denies your free car wash you have to ask to speak to the manager. Lexus has made mandatory for all dealers to perform car wash as they want you to drive a clean Lexus for advertising purposes. How I know? Because I have some good inside contacts at Toyota and Lexus
It sounds like you got unbelievable deal on a very hot car! There is no way you could get that kind of deal here.

Where do you see this information about Lexus making free car washes?
Old 10-05-13, 12:11 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by John510
I get free unlimited car washes also but I prefer to wash it myself at home. Besides, who wants to drive all the way over to the dealer just to get a car wash? Easier to do it at home.
I work near one of the in town Lexus dealer so I wouldn't mind stopping to get my car washed during winters to get the salt off. You couldn't wash the car yourself in the winters here, at least without getting frostbite.

Quick Reply: No free gift for new purchase?