IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Fsport 350 with some carbon wrapped! Please opition!

Old 10-03-14, 03:06 PM
wakkus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe you guys are too uptight. I don't like how those stripes look, but maybe a little more subtle would really pop out nicely. This BMW is elegant, not a ricer, not american, and carries the stripes pretty well...
Attached Thumbnails Fsport 350 with some carbon wrapped! Please opition!-sada_4ztii.jpg  
Old 10-03-14, 03:51 PM
net4n6
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

He just made the car worth $7K
Old 10-03-14, 05:53 PM
salvadorik
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JGard18
Mommy and Daddy. Either that or they're paying 75% of their income on car and the rest on renting a crappy apartment. When I was living in the bay area, I saw plenty of high school and college aged kids driving around a nicer car than I was. It's sickening. My HS/College car was a 12 year old RX-7 that I paid for myself...a whopping $2k. Thing ran like crap, too. haha
In my opinion this post is so wrong. If for whatever reason a young kid is driving a nice car there is no reason for older people be judgmental about that. Whether parents helped those kids or they are willing pay the bulk of their income, whatever...., it is totally their and their parents' business. I am always glad to see that younger people start buying nice cars that previously only adults could afford. My sales guy in Magnussen Lexus said that here in SF Bay Area a lot of young guys like me can afford to buy Lexus and other Luxury brands whereas in other States usually it is an older demographic that mostly buy luxury cars. I know it is not a good investment, in fact it is not an investment at all but hell we live only once and if we want and can afford a nice car why not to get it!

I was 28 when I bought a brand spanking new Audi A6 for 62K. A sales guy said that I was the youngest guy he sold this type of a car. One assehole intentionally vandalized my A6 just because he had hatred and jealousy

Last edited by salvadorik; 10-03-14 at 08:07 PM.
Old 10-03-14, 06:06 PM
RoiteTrom
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

This thread made my night with all the hilarious comments. In my opinion, the car doesn't look bad. It would probably look better if stripes were centered.
Old 10-03-14, 08:48 PM
Hermes
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please.... No.

Old 10-04-14, 10:23 AM
Mr_VFS1
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by salvadorik
In my opinion this post is so wrong. If for whatever reason a young kid is driving a nice car there is no reason for older people be judgmental about that. Whether parents helped those kids or they are willing pay the bulk of their income, whatever...., it is totally their and their parents' business. I am always glad to see that younger people start buying nice cars that previously only adults could afford. My sales guy in Magnussen Lexus said that here in SF Bay Area a lot of young guys like me can afford to buy Lexus and other Luxury brands whereas in other States usually it is an older demographic that mostly buy luxury cars. I know it is not a good investment, in fact it is not an investment at all but hell we live only once and if we want and can afford a nice car why not to get it!

I was 28 when I bought a brand spanking new Audi A6 for 62K. A sales guy said that I was the youngest guy he sold this type of a car. One assehole intentionally vandalized my A6 just because he had hatred and jealousy
I am so glad someone responded to that guy because I don't know what to say. Why does it bother people so much about the age of a person driving an expense car? I'm only 17 (got the car when I turned 16 last year around the time it came out) and words cannot describe how thankful I am to be able to drive a car that people more than twice my age might not be able to buy. It shouldn't bother you that someone a lot younger has a car that you can't have or just barely had enough to pay for. I get really annoyed when people stop me and ask my age then tell me I shouldn't be driving this kind of car because I am too young. There's no age limit on how old you have to be to own the car, only drive it.
Old 10-05-14, 12:34 AM
Hermes
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by salvadorik

Originally Posted by MR_CV5
I am so glad someone responded to that guy because I don't know what to say. Why does it bother people so much about the age of a person driving an expense car? I'm only 17 (got the car when I turned 16 last year around the time it came out) and words cannot describe how thankful I am to be able to drive a car that people more than twice my age might not be able to buy. It shouldn't bother you that someone a lot younger has a car that you can't have or just barely had enough to pay for. I get really annoyed when people stop me and ask my age then tell me I shouldn't be driving this kind of car because I am too young. There's no age limit on how old you have to be to own the car, only drive it.
To be honest, I personally love the ignorant comments and viewpoints of people like that. I love the fact that they get so worked up over nothing. They spend too much time worrying about other people's business. Ignorance is bliss. I'm in my mid 20's, I work, go to school and volunteer, I did receive some help from my parents with the car, and I am eternally grateful for their help. What I do with my life is none of anyone else's concern, however, should you choose to make it your concern with ignorant comments, I definitely love to be a d*ck to get them worked up furthermore.

I believe they're just ignorant because they may have not had the same opportunities when they were young, and expect that young people today shouldn't be better off then them when they were the same age. When I see someone young and successful, I don't get jealous or mad, I'm glad to see they're doing well for themselves, even if they received help from their parents.
Old 10-05-14, 12:57 PM
NVMarkus
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm sorry but I think the most important thing is if the owner likes it, period. Opinions are like a@$holes everyone has one....

Good for him if it makes him happy, that is all that matters
Old 10-05-14, 09:32 PM
kmanpete24
Rookie

Good for the person who owns it, but I don't like it.
Old 10-06-14, 10:12 AM
EJ255t
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

its different! im not a fan, but its not my car
Old 10-06-14, 06:35 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,499 Likes on 1,802 Posts

I don't blame kids for accepting a nice car like this as a gift from their parents. Hell, they'd be stupid to refuse it.

I do blame parents for making such an extravagant gift though. IMHO it contributes to a big problem in our country, the expectation and entitlement to extravagance and luxury. I think it sets kids up to spend their whole lives chasing a lifestyle that once they're out on their own it's impossible to provide for themselves. It contributes to debt, poor financial management and choices.

A luxury item is something that should be earned after the necessities of life have been secured. If you're 17 or 20 just starting out in life, spending every dollar you have on a car is just stupid. If it was a gift from your folks, When you're 23 and out of college and that IS is a little threadbare, what are you going to do? You're going to spend more than you can or should at that stage of your life to replace it with something as nice or better. A luxury once experienced becomes a necessity. Not your fault, your parents set you up to be in that position. When my kids are 23 there will be choices as nice or better as their 6year old Civic or whatever that they can buy without mortgaging their futures.

I certainly will buy my kids safe cars when they turn 16, but it will be reliable basic transport. If they want luxury, they have to earn that for themselves. By giving that to them I actually am cheating them out of the experience of earning that for themselves.

If you're 17 or 20 of course you don't understand. You will.

Last edited by SW17LS; 10-06-14 at 06:42 PM.
Old 10-06-14, 09:13 PM
faisal11ir
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

totally ruined it...
Old 10-06-14, 09:35 PM
obturator
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, he didn't ruin it. Stripes are removable. The question is how'd he get LEDs in the brake duct vents?
Old 10-06-14, 10:25 PM
Rudiculous
Racer

Received 168 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by EthanV
…he did some carbon wrapped which are side mirrors, head lights, windows panel etc..
Headlights?
Old 10-07-14, 08:46 AM
1stis350
Driver School Candidate

yes car look like a toy car now just terrible, just my 2 cent