IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

NAVIGATION SLOWNESS- Resolved

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-14, 07:37 AM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ISFWes
Its been said before. But you paid for the privilege to be on the Lexus Test team. As a matter of fact. You paid extra.
Not this, but the car has been on the market for over one year now and I'm nearly 1/3 of the way into my 36 month lease, with no confirmed fix in sight.
Old 07-17-14, 09:49 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Dealer updated my firmware to V10B8710 today.

Spent time restoring my settings, etc. after, but don't find there to be any difference with system speed / usability. Screen transitions (radio to telephone to navigation, etc.) are minimally better, but there's still has significant lag / delay when changing volume, sources, stations, and when moving the mouse / pointer around and selecting different ‘buttons’. Also, the mouse still freezes / hangs (small white circle).

Was really looking forward to the update, but very upset it's taking this long to get this right; first model year vehicle is one thing, but after one year in production, this should've been fixed already.

Dealer states there's yet another update in the works.
Old 07-21-14, 07:07 AM
343P005
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ditched my IS 350 and went back to BMW. I'm in a 2014 535i mSport with every option.

Idrive is great with its dual core processor and 11" screen along with the Harmon Kardon sound system.

Have had the car for 4 months and have had zero issues aside from a pothole that caused a bubble on a run flat tire.
Old 07-30-14, 12:53 AM
gpxluke
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

I just received a call today from my dealer saying there's a new update for the Navigation, but I am not sure if it will fixed the slowness and the blue flashing screen....Did any of you updated the software recently? Input please?
Old 07-30-14, 04:56 AM
FinaLpeace
Driver

Originally Posted by 343P005
I ditched my IS 350 and went back to BMW. I'm in a 2014 535i mSport with every option.

Idrive is great with its dual core processor and 11" screen along with the Harmon Kardon sound system.

Have had the car for 4 months and have had zero issues aside from a pothole that caused a bubble on a run flat tire.
Yea, the 2014 IS did nailed the fun to drive tag and beat the Beemer to it, but it seriously isn't the best in luxury compare to other competitors in this segment. It needed a 10 inch navigation screen at the least and a center console with wood or leather trim rather than the black plastic piece. I would get the GS over the 535i though, GS has a really nice design.
Old 07-30-14, 09:40 AM
amoney805
Pole Position

Got mine updated from 8500 to V10B8710. Its only been a few days but not one reboot or blue flashes. So far so good.
Old 07-30-14, 12:42 PM
JGard18
Pole Position

Speed any better? I'm bringing my car in for service this weekend, so hopefully they update this (I'll be mentioning it to them)
Old 07-30-14, 06:28 PM
VGer
Rookie

Originally Posted by amoney805
Got mine updated from 8500 to V10B8710. Its only been a few days but not one reboot or blue flashes. So far so good.
I've been running V10C8710 for a month, pic here:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...this-time.html

Screen seems peppier, no reboots yet, iPod errors still occur, what's the latest REV number?
Old 07-30-14, 09:13 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

My is350 came with the "c" as well and everything seems to be working ok. exception to Lexus APP Suite. It keeps giving me update unsuccessful...

also I don't know if its the mouse or the firmware, it would click on certain icon on its own.

I found out how to download the update for APP Suite and auto clicking is due to Auto Screen option. everything solved. So far Version "C" has been working flawlessly for me.

Last edited by jkonquer; 08-02-14 at 12:22 PM.
Old 08-03-14, 08:53 AM
txjeff
Driver

Originally Posted by ISFWes
Its been said before. But you paid for the privilege to be on the Lexus Test team. As a matter of fact. You paid extra.

Never ever buy a first year car. Think this problem only exists with Lexus? Look at any other forums. They have much more problems than just a slow Navigation display.

Wait till the guys start buying the new RC or NX. A totally new model. Then it will really hit the fan.
I think this whole mindset of putting NAVs in dash boards is a fairly recent development, say in the past 5-6 years. So, they are trying to compete with companies that have been doing this for 10+ years, and even they don't have it perfect, I can tell you my Lexus experience so far made it an easy choice not to pay for that option at all, but to use the external type that I can update myself, or toss and replace fairly cheaply if it does not perform or breaks.

Having a 2010 IS 350C, I can tell you the bluetooth phone is marginally tolerable. I had my coworker give me feedback how I sound using it and he says it sounds like I'm talking in a big empty room. Or a hall. With the convertible top down, forget about it if you are driving over 30.

The sad thing is how all the pundits pound the gavel for using hands free when driving and using a phone, well, then make one that works well so people don't get irritated and fall back to holding the phone with one hand, or worse, texting!
Old 08-03-14, 07:13 PM
akshunj
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm still on the 8000 version that came from the factory in July 2013. Things were working fine. I just got the kit kat update for my G Note 2 the other day and now it's tough to change tracks via Bluetooth.

Has anyone had a positive experience after updating the nav system? The thread title says resolved, but the comments in the thread seem to indicate otherwise.
Old 08-05-14, 07:54 AM
JGard18
Pole Position

My car is currently at the dealership for it's 10k mile service and I mentioned the nav system still sucked. They called late in the day on Sat saying only basic maintenance guys were there, not the shop foreman, but they couldn't replicate the problems I've been having and that I have the most recent firmware. I have 8600, which obviously is not the most recent.

Shop foreman is back in today I'm told, they still have my car. Hopefully this gets figured out. I hate taking my car to the dealer so much. It's only there because this service is free.

edit: lovely, just got off the phone with them. They can't replicate any of the problems I've been having so they don't want to do the firmware update. They also said again I have the most recent version, although according to all of you, that's not true, there is something newer than what I have.

double-edit: Sweet, they flashed the new firmware, anyway. Service manager said they don't like to because it registers as a "Fix" when they couldn't detect a problem, but they did it anyway. Glad that's been done. I'll report back in a few days to see if the problems I've had have been resolved.

Last edited by JGard18; 08-05-14 at 10:00 AM.
Old 08-08-14, 01:30 PM
JGard18
Pole Position

So they reluctantly updated me to 8710 or whatever the latest is (I thought I saw 8740,but I can't recall) and so far it's worse. I often just have a bluetooth connection and run radio.com from my phone in the mornings and then in the afternoon use pandora through enform. Every time when I start the car, the connection is made, it looks like everything is working, but I get NO audio. It doesn't matter which option I use. If I hold down the power button to reset the car's stereo, once it's back up, things connect and work normally.

I'm hoping it's just my phone (Google Nexus 5), so I went in and unpaired everything, deleted all bt connections from my phone, removed it from the car, then repaired this morning. I'll find out when I leave work in two hours whether or not that helped. But so far I'm really annoyed.

This used to happen before the update, just once every day or every two days, not twice a day. The dealer said they tried two of their tech's cell phones and they could not replicate the problem, so maybe it is my phone...
Old 08-09-14, 08:00 AM
akshunj
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JGard18
So they reluctantly updated me to 8710 or whatever the latest is (I thought I saw 8740,but I can't recall) and so far it's worse. I often just have a bluetooth connection and run radio.com from my phone in the mornings and then in the afternoon use pandora through enform. Every time when I start the car, the connection is made, it looks like everything is working, but I get NO audio. It doesn't matter which option I use. If I hold down the power button to reset the car's stereo, once it's back up, things connect and work normally.

I'm hoping it's just my phone (Google Nexus 5), so I went in and unpaired everything, deleted all bt connections from my phone, removed it from the car, then repaired this morning. I'll find out when I leave work in two hours whether or not that helped. But so far I'm really annoyed.

This used to happen before the update, just once every day or every two days, not twice a day. The dealer said they tried two of their tech's cell phones and they could not replicate the problem, so maybe it is my phone...
Thanks for the update. What Android version is your Nexus running?
Old 08-09-14, 08:50 AM
doodlebug
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by JGard18

I also got the 8710 update this week. However, I've never had bluetooth connection or audio problems with my iPhone 5, so maybe it is your phone. My main concern has always been random reboots. Good luck getting it worked out.

Quick Reply: NAVIGATION SLOWNESS- Resolved