IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

NAVIGATION SLOWNESS- Resolved

Old 03-04-14, 12:53 PM
splat0023
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was contacted and told they are gonna replace my unit and if the problem persists then i could put a ticket in for them to buy the vehicle back although it may take 6-8 weeks .
i guess i will just wait and see what happens after the new unit is in .
Old 03-04-14, 12:56 PM
UncleSpud
Pole Position

Originally Posted by doodlebug
Most of my reboots occurred when I kept a dedicated iPod plugged into the USB. I've had my phone (iPhone 5) connected via Bluetooth the entire time and stream my music now instead of USB. I disconnected the Bluetooth for a few days to see if that stopped the reboots while keeping the iPod connected to USB; it didn't. My issue is almost non-existent now that I don't use the USB port (of course, I've probably just jinxed myself ). Since, mine tend to happen right after I start the car, I was able to record the Nav reboot and sent the link to my dealer. I figured that's better than leaving my car with them out in the elements and having to drive a loaner.
Disconnected my iPod--still had the reboots. Disconnected the phone--ditto. Like your problem, I get my reboots when the engine is cold. I haven't come across any combination of connects/disconnects that will fix the problem. With the new radio (which was installed before Christmas, and for which I lost the use of my car for a week while it was being diagnosed), I've had fewer reboots than I did when I received the upload. So, one upload, and two radios later, I still get the random reboots. My advice to others is to wait for a confirmed fix before doing anything.
Old 03-04-14, 01:01 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,602 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by UncleSpud
Disconnected my iPod--still had the reboots. Disconnected the phone--ditto. Like your problem, I get my reboots when the engine is cold. I haven't come across any combination of connects/disconnects that will fix the problem. With the new radio (which was installed before Christmas, and for which I lost the use of my car for a week while it was being diagnosed), I've had fewer reboots than I did when I received the upload. So, one upload, and two radios later, I still get the random reboots. My advice to others is to wait for a confirmed fix before doing anything.
I've only had the one reboot. Occurred within 5 minutes or so of start up, after sitting all day. Nothing was hard connected - I was listening to Pandora.

I agree with UncleSpud. I am going to call and report it to customer service and will let my dealer know, but have no intent on bringing it in for any attempt at resolution on the dealer's part. I'll wait until there is a firm fix in place. No need to spend my time or the dealer's time to look for a fix that doesn't yet exist.
Old 03-04-14, 01:38 PM
JGard18
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Part of me thinks we're better off bringing the cars in and making the service departments spend their time trying to fix it. Even if they don't, if it comes up often enough and is enough of a pain for service dept's, Lexus can't continue to sit on their asses with development of a fix.

However, if you just "report" it and don't ask them to do anything about it, it's all going to continue to be ignored. I mean, this 8500 update came out months ago...
Old 03-04-14, 01:45 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,602 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Originally Posted by JGard18
However, if you just "report" it and don't ask them to do anything about it, it's all going to continue to be ignored. I mean, this 8500 update came out months ago...
It's a time versus benefit exercise. I can spend a bunch of my time dealing with taking it in, loaner cars, back and forth, etc. for no benefit because I will just get a car back with the same issues. My time is in short supply these days.

I can live with it just fine for now. One reboot in 4+ months. If you find it to be a big issue, then I would agree that you should take it in. But for me, it is currently not worth it.

I personally do not feel that the issue is being ignored. I believe Lexus is working on a fix, and doing so whether I take my car in or not. I'll let them know I also expect a resolution, but choose to do so without overly inconveniencing myself. I don't believe taking it in to the dealer is the only way to ask them to do anything about it.
Old 03-04-14, 05:27 PM
splat0023
Rookie

So i was just told that they are replacing the nav system and hopefully that will work . Which we know already that it didn't fix anyone else issues but ill keep my fingers crossed .
Old 03-04-14, 09:23 PM
UncleSpud
Pole Position

Originally Posted by splat0023
So i was just told that they are replacing the nav system and hopefully that will work . Which we know already that it didn't fix anyone else issues but ill keep my fingers crossed .
Splat, what dealer in NV are you going to? Henderson's aware of the problem but LV and Reno may not be.
Old 03-04-14, 10:31 PM
splat0023
Rookie

It's at lexus of henderson and they new about the problem months ago but the rep from corporate wanted to do this so that they can say they tried. They want to replace the nav system and see if it continues.
Old 03-05-14, 03:01 AM
Kwik8276
Lead Lap

It's at lexus of henderson and they new about the problem months ago but the rep from corporate wanted to do this so that they can say they tried. They want to replace the nav system and see if it continues.

Good luck and let's hope for the best :-)
Old 03-07-14, 08:23 PM
splat0023
Rookie

Update. Just got my car back with the new system and new version of the software 8600 instead of the last update of 8500. My fingers are crossed and pandora seems to be working but let's wait and see about the random rebooting.
I'll give it a few days as I will only put 20 miles on the car in the next 3 days. So I should know in a week or two.
Old 03-08-14, 02:54 AM
crzyis
Driver

Update. Just got my car back with the new system and new version of the software 8600 instead of the last update of 8500. My fingers are crossed and pandora seems to be working but let's wait and see about the random rebooting.
I'll give it a few days as I will only put 20 miles on the car in the next 3 days. So I should know in a week or two.
So 8600 is out?
Old 03-08-14, 03:20 AM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by crzyis
So 8600 is out?
Anyone else have the 8600 firmware update? If so, what are your experiences so far?
Old 03-08-14, 03:34 AM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

post a pic of your SW version
Old 03-08-14, 04:28 AM
splat0023
Rookie

I'll post a pic when I get up. I just got home from work and have been up since 10:30 am yesterday.

On another note it rebooted while I was driving home so it's not fixed. They replaced the unit and the firmware said 8600 and it's still rebooting. Fml I just want it to work properly.
Old 03-08-14, 04:45 AM
Kwik8276
Lead Lap

I'll post a pic when I get up. I just got home from work and have been up since 10:30 am yesterday. On another note it rebooted while I was driving home so it's not fixed. They replaced the unit and the firmware said 8600 and it's still rebooting. Fml I just want it to work properly.

Damn seriously !!?? WTF !!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NAVIGATION SLOWNESS- Resolved