IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

NAVIGATION SLOWNESS- Resolved

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-14, 09:17 PM
PuPpYpWr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all haven't post here in a looooonnnggg time but my wife and i finally purchase another lexus this time 3rd gen IS250 as i'm reading the very useful info i went and check bcuz our car was delivered on 28 dec 2013. Knock on wood but so far it seems smooth and no rebooting. version i am running is A8500.
Old 01-13-14, 08:02 AM
JGard18
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I checked my version and it looks like it had 8400 on it when I bought it, which is good. The bad news is the system still sucks.

The new thing mine keeps doing now, which just started about a month ago, is it'll lock up entirely, but still play music from whatever source was selected. So if I have the radio on, the screen will stop responding, mouse doesn't work, steering wheel controls don't work, but the music still plays. So it's annoying because I can't change the station or source, can't access Nav, can't change the volume, etc.

I'm at 4,200 miles now, so hopefully this can be addressed when I bring it in for the 5,000 mile service
Old 01-16-14, 05:54 AM
Stitch626
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine is still glitching on that blue screen crap and now my Bluetooth won't pick up my text messages anymore. I'll be taking in soon and they have to fix this crap!

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup
Old 01-16-14, 07:19 AM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

It's unfortunate that when I was placed in a new ES350 loaner last week, the system worked the way it should! How did Lexus get this wrong and why is it taking them so long to fix? The 3IS has been out since when(?); Spring 2013? Did Lexus plan to enjoy cost savings on slow / outdated hardware or on rushed / poor quality control software development? Another 'software update' to 'Version 8X00' is not needed; an overhaul is.

AND they should throw in the RC center console for the inconvenience (not laughing). :|

Last edited by dbs600; 01-16-14 at 07:22 AM.
Old 01-16-14, 08:35 AM
JGard18
Pole Position

Funny you mention that, because I noticed just this morning that my system didn't pick up a text that I had received during my commute into work...
Old 01-18-14, 07:18 PM
txjeff
Driver

Holy Lexus Nav hell guys. I just got the IS 350c two weeks ago. I see the map is very out of date. And, in my opinion, my Nuvi Garmin is heads up 10 times better in so many ways, not to mention in my power to update any time I went without issues. Not to mention, the thing gets me where I need to go, unlike the Nav which wants to take me an hour off course and ends up an hour late in the destination time. And that's just the short of it.

From what I read in this thread, I don't think I will ever try to update it. And for Lexus to want to charge money to do so? Say what?? And then to be ignorant of the TSB? My head hurts.

This is too much. And from what I read, this cost gobs of money for the option. I can only say, I'm glad I bought the 2010 car used. I think Lexus should be bending over backwards to fix these problems for free and to make the updates easily update-able via the usb. I love the message where it sends the person into a lake. Yikes.

Last edited by txjeff; 01-18-14 at 09:51 PM.
Old 01-18-14, 07:34 PM
Ang89
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by iPinky
Checked firmware of my nav, and this is what shows. I took ownership of the car last week. I'm guessing this is the latest? Or if not, then they haven't updated the cars on their lot.

I also have issues with playing music from the Pandora app. Music will pause randomly, noticeably when reception switches from LTE to 4G. I will have to manually press play either from my iPhone or on the screen. I also get iPod error as well as tethering error. There is a lag in navigating through between menus and within menus.
Not saying I know everything, but responding to the Pandora concern, the app on the computer or phone does randomly stop/cut off/move to the next song. I've experienced this on my phone and laptop....

I haven't received my IS 250 yet (it's currently being built in Japan ), so I'm hoping--no offense to anyone!--that I won't have the navigation issues that are driving you all crazy. I think the Pandora thing is a glitch within the app itself, and not your system, given my experience playing it on a phone by itself and a computer.
Old 01-18-14, 10:33 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Any updates anyone?

My dealer's shop foreman reported this to corporate under Case Number TA140150172; please feel free to mention same to your dealer so we can get more traction on this!

Thanks.

Last edited by dbs600; 01-19-14 at 08:22 AM.
Old 01-19-14, 01:10 AM
aTeAse
Lead Lap

I'm going in this upcoming week, finally had some time.

Hope he knows what i'm talking about when I mention the Case Number.
Old 02-10-14, 08:01 AM
JGard18
Pole Position

I just had my car updated. I bought the car with v8400 firmware running and it had all kinds of issues. Freezing, random reboots, general slowness, and nav screen choppiness.

This morning running v8500 now I noticed at least that the menus are much quicker to get through, so I'm pleased about that.

Also my traffic status had randomly stopped working and is now working again. However, the map screen while driving still appears slightly choppy. But I really don't expect that to change much.

But since I've only had the car for one commute with the updated firmware/software, I cannot say for sure that things are fixed, time will tell.
Old 02-10-14, 01:52 PM
UncleSpud
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JGard18
I just had my car updated. I bought the car with v8400 firmware running and it had all kinds of issues. Freezing, random reboots, general slowness, and nav screen choppiness.

This morning running v8500 now I noticed at least that the menus are much quicker to get through, so I'm pleased about that.

Also my traffic status had randomly stopped working and is now working again. However, the map screen while driving still appears slightly choppy. But I really don't expect that to change much.

But since I've only had the car for one commute with the updated firmware/software, I cannot say for sure that things are fixed, time will tell.
JGard, I hope the update works for you, but it took nearly three weeks after my nav/radio were replaced before the reboots began--then again, my 3IS is not a daily driver. Keep a close eye on the problem and let us know if your luck holds.
Old 02-10-14, 06:12 PM
343P005
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by antonyw
I have a new one other than the iphone5s/BT issues I've been having with 8500. I can't select the first or topmost radio preset station with the mouse at times. It highlights but a click on it is ignored. Has happened on a few commutes now. Still massively enjoying the car from a driver's standpoint.
Glad I'm not the only one with that issue. I also get an iPod error. Usually need to unplug and plug the iPhone back in. PITA
Old 02-11-14, 09:37 AM
JGard18
Pole Position

Originally Posted by UncleSpud
JGard, I hope the update works for you, but it took nearly three weeks after my nav/radio were replaced before the reboots began--then again, my 3IS is not a daily driver. Keep a close eye on the problem and let us know if your luck holds.
Will do. Two more commutes and still works nicely. But that's not nearly enough time to know for sure. Even as it was, when my previous failures occurred, they were few and far between. Like, in about 4 months I only got two reboots and two complete freezes (although the lag and slowness was ever-present). One of the bigger issues seemed to be using Pandora through Enform...but now that I've changed over to a Windows Phone, I no longer have that burden. Maybe that alone will resolve some of these problems.
Old 02-13-14, 01:16 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Any updates on this anyone?

How are the replacement radio / navigation units working out?

Anyone above Software Version 8500 yet?

Thanks.
Old 02-13-14, 02:52 PM
JGard18
Pole Position

I don't think anything newer than 8500 exists since my car was just serviced last weekend and that's what they put on there.

So far so good for me after almost a full week. No hiccups whatsoever and overall performance has been much quicker than before.

Quick Reply: NAVIGATION SLOWNESS- Resolved