IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

NAVIGATION SLOWNESS- Resolved

Old 08-11-14, 06:50 AM
JGard18
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I've uninstalled EnForm and things work great now. I have noticed that enform kind of sucks as far as stability goes. I always have two enform logos showing up in the status bar of my android phone whenever it's running, too. This has been the case on my past two phones, really, so it's not just my phone.

I've had three phones since I bought my car. An HTC One (Android), Nokia Lumia 1520 (Windows), and Nexus 5 (Android). Things were most stable all around with the Nokia, but Enform isn't even available on that platform. So I think I've found the main issue.

While it would be nice to be able to control a lot of internet audio without taking the phone out of my pocket, I'd rather have a stable environment, so enform is just going to remain off my phone.
Old 08-11-14, 01:10 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,602 Likes on 1,020 Posts

Sorry for going a bit off topic, but does anyone know what this antenna symbol is for? I can't find any mention of it in the manual. I can, at times, select it to seemingly turn it on or off, but can't notice any change when it does.
Attached Thumbnails NAVIGATION SLOWNESS- Resolved-img_0138.jpg  
Old 08-20-14, 09:01 AM
doodlebug
Instructor

Received 80 Likes on 71 Posts

I received the 8710 update a couple of weeks ago (I didn't really notice any difference in speed, etc.) and exactly one week later I had two simultaneous reboots. I took my car to the dealer on Monday and luckily an engineer was in town for a separate issue and messed with the system. Apparently he was able to replicate my issue. They have ordered a new radio - hopefully, my problems will cease with a new radio.
Old 08-20-14, 12:25 PM
kofiori
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
Sorry for going a bit off topic, but does anyone know what this antenna symbol is for? I can't find any mention of it in the manual. I can, at times, select it to seemingly turn it on or off, but can't notice any change when it does.
I think that means, u ar using ur cellphone data.
Old 08-20-14, 05:15 PM
NuEoK
Driver School Candidate

Took delivery of my IS on July 30th, came with version 10c87410.

One thing I do want to point out, when I installed lexus enform and connected my bluetooth, the car did ask me to update the software. Took about 30 minutes and something updated. Not sure if it was the Lexus apps or the system update.

Without the lexus enform app, it never prompted me to do an update when the bluetooth was connected.
Old 08-21-14, 05:24 PM
iPinky
Driver

So, it's been a while since I've posted here. Regardless, I'm still having issues with my nav. They swapped my nav out several months ago because they didn't have a fix for the blue screen flash. It was good at the beginning, but it started to reoccur again, and now more often than before. I brought it in and they said that my radio unit is failing. So, it will need to be replaced. Nothing was wrong with the nav, so I guess the radio is the one causing the glitches (blue screen flash, as well as the problems when Enform is being used)? Idk. I'm hoping, once again, that this fixes it. I'm still confused and dumbfounded on how a 9-month old car's radio unit is failing.
Old 08-25-14, 09:03 AM
abcsoup
Driver

Default 2015 Improvements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x290zLHDzJA#t=158

As noticed by others in the 2015 interior thread, the 2015 IS appears to have a much faster navigation system than the 2014. I don't know if this kind of improvement could be pushed via an update; they may just be using hardware that is 2-3x faster. If it's not available for 2014 vehicles, that would be very, very disappointing.
Old 08-25-14, 10:30 AM
unowned
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by abcsoup
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x290zLHDzJA#t=158

As noticed by others in the 2015 interior thread, the 2015 IS appears to have a much faster navigation system than the 2014. I don't know if this kind of improvement could be pushed via an update; they may just be using hardware that is 2-3x faster. If it's not available for 2014 vehicles, that would be very, very disappointing.
My wife's 2013 ES has a Gen 7 nav and it is blazing fast compared to my Gen 8. Not much we can do unless you find a phone that crashes your nav every 5 seconds to get the new hardware or we a lawyer is able to get a class action suit about it being a safety issue.
Old 08-25-14, 11:52 AM
aabdelsa
Driver School Candidate

I went to my local dealer (JM Lexus) on Thurday to get the firmware update. Things seem to be running a little peppier but it wasn't worth the couple surprises I received my car back with...

Old 08-25-14, 11:15 PM
abcsoup
Driver

Originally Posted by aabdelsa
I went to my local dealer (JM Lexus) on Thurday to get the firmware update. Things seem to be running a little peppier but it wasn't worth the couple surprises I received my car back with...
Wow, sorry to hear that. I would go back and force them to repair it. That's unacceptable.

I've been holding off on updating my nav until there are substantial speed improvements. I'm still on V8300, and it's slow but at least stable for Bluetooth audio/calls. I don't even end up using the nav much since my iPhone's directions are so much better.
Old 09-01-14, 08:34 AM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

What is the firmware update process? Does it involve removing any components? I would have thought it could be done through software interface.
Old 09-03-14, 09:14 PM
iPinky
Driver

Originally Posted by aabdelsa
Ouch! Yeah, man, definitely bring it back to them for a fix. It shouldn't come back all scratched up. That's ridiculous.
Old 09-05-14, 01:13 PM
JGard18
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The update is them plugging something into the USB port and running the update. They shouldn't even be near those two spots that are now marked up on his car. That sucks.
Old 09-06-14, 10:55 AM
jjmaxx81
Driver School Candidate

Do we have to pay for the firmware update?
I took mine for it's first service the other month and the dealer said not worth updating nav cause it's like $100 something? Is that because it's software and not firmware?
Old 09-06-14, 11:06 AM
unowned
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jjmaxx81
Do we have to pay for the firmware update?
I took mine for it's first service the other month and the dealer said not worth updating nav cause it's like $100 something? Is that because it's software and not firmware?
No tell them you want the Operating System firmware update, not the maps

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NAVIGATION SLOWNESS- Resolved