Old 11-11-14, 11:18 AM
IS1911
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drbazing
My 2014 makes my ***** sweat.
Originally Posted by wthrman2
Looks like you will need to put some anti-perspirant on them
I wouldn't suggest that. Anti-perspirant contains chemicals and could have a negative effect on sperm count. That could potentially reduce the number of future Lexus customers.
Old 11-17-14, 09:09 PM
criticalgt
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I was told that it's normal. I will be emailing Lexus NA soon...
Old 11-19-14, 10:47 AM
Maxiii
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my 14 heated seats are also just warm. my lower back and butt only gets warmed up.
also is the heated seat only warms up the back part of your butt? my thighs doesn't get any heat at all... i know other car i been warms up the whole seat.
Old 11-19-14, 01:46 PM
salvadorik
Lead Lap

I brought this up for the first time with my dealer, Lexus of Stevens Creek. Their service department has a pretty good reputation. Let’s see what they can do to remedy these faulty heated seats. The first thing he suggested is to take a measurement of three ’14 IS350s (did not mention if F Sports or not) and compare the results to the result that my vehicle will generate. And my guess is since the heated seat function is faulty on most ’14 IS250/350 F Sports the comparison results will be similar so the blame will put on a design and no action will be taken. But this is my guess. My hope is it will get fixed eventually, if not today then maybe sometime later, when Lexus finally comes up with a solution.
Old 11-20-14, 07:57 AM
HanaleiISF
Pole Position

I just wanted to weigh in again on the seat heaters in my 2014 F-Sport AWD since I've been using them each morning now. I can usually feel the heat almost immediately with the hottest sections in the lower back and rear seat bottom. Definitely little or no heat in the thighs and upper back. Still no comparison in intensity and seat coverage as compared to my 2004 accord, our current 2012 Acura TL, or any american car that I ride in with heated seats.

I bought the car in late Aug of this year so it was probably some of the last 2014's sold so maybe they made changes by the end of the product cycle.
Old 11-21-14, 09:17 AM
FPerform
Driver

Originally Posted by HanaleiISF
I just wanted to weigh in again on the seat heaters in my 2014 F-Sport AWD since I've been using them each morning now. I can usually feel the heat almost immediately with the hottest sections in the lower back and rear seat bottom. Definitely little or no heat in the thighs and upper back. Still no comparison in intensity and seat coverage as compared to my 2004 accord, our current 2012 Acura TL, or any american car that I ride in with heated seats.

I bought the car in late Aug of this year so it was probably some of the last 2014's sold so maybe they made changes by the end of the product cycle.
Of all the heated seats I've used, Honda/Acura heat up extremely quick and get the warmest.
Old 11-21-14, 10:29 AM
HanaleiISF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FPerform
Of all the heated seats I've used, Honda/Acura heat up extremely quick and get the warmest.
I think my wife has her Acura seat heaters on all year long....and sometimes I get in and the A\C is also running lol.
Old 11-23-14, 10:08 AM
djwoody
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kizersoze
I have an f sport and the heating is not nearly as warm as my last two vehicles ('04 Acura TL/'07 MDX). I am disappointed in this but love the car. Maybe caused by the nuluxe and how it absorbs heat?
I also went from an 04 Acura TL to an IS 350 F-sport. The 10 year old TL seats got hot quickly but the Lexus is barely warm. I will be taking it into the dealer soon as it is definitely a defect.
Old 11-23-14, 07:29 PM
RoiteTrom
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I made a thread about this stating this, but I'll just post it here just in case some of you guys missed it.

I picked up my 2015 3IS F-Sport about 8 days ago, and I can tell you the heated seats are useless at 30 degrees Fahrenheit and below. It feels nice and warm when the outside temperature is around 40, but below 30 it doesn't feel warm. If anything, it feels lukewarm (like someone sat on the seat before you) and it's just barely enough to get rid of any cold on the seats. I made sure to take off my long coat before i got in the car so that the coat won't block the heat. I only wore jeans + boxer as bottem wear. I got a follow up call from my dealership asking me if I was enjoying my vehicle. I mentioned the seat warmers and they told me to call lexus customer service.
Old 11-24-14, 09:37 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Is this it? Are we going to go through another winter without heated seats?

Dealers deny the problem, Lexus denies the problem, who should we turn to next?

Can anyone recommend a good class action law firm capable of handling this?

Love how the thread title "Heated Seat Discussion" doubts the problem.

Last edited by dbs600; 11-25-14 at 07:54 AM.
Old 11-25-14, 01:24 PM
dagobert
Driver School Candidate

I have a 14 IS 250 F and they work just fine. Temps have dropped to -15F and seats are warm.
Old 11-25-14, 04:03 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by dagobert
I have a 14 IS 250 F and they work just fine. Temps have dropped to -15F and seats are warm.
Okay; but this is not as subjective as some may believe.

If you'd sit in my car, you'd understand.

That said, Lexus must have fixed the problem at some point.

Amazing how they've turned their backs on this.

May be my last.
Old 11-25-14, 04:07 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I took delivery about a year ago. My heated seats were adequate last winter. For some reason, they are somewhat warmer this season.
Old 11-25-14, 04:15 PM
RoiteTrom
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dagobert
You are very lucky. It's 20-30 degrees Farenheit here and I can barely feel anything. I guess I'll be thankful for now that the seats generate just enough heat to get rid of any cold on the seats. I just wish there was a higher setting so that i can actually feel something.

Quick Reply: Heated Seat Discussion (merged threads)