IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Heated Seat Discussion (merged threads)

Old 01-23-14, 09:13 AM
corsjr28
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dbs600
There's a definite difference and when I complained of same to my dealer's service manager (not shop foreman), he went as far as stating, 'that's why they call them seat warmers now, not heated seats'!? The line was so off I didn't even get upset.

Not happy.
DBS (or anyone else) - have you called Lexus Corporate and talked to a case manager? If so, any progress there? My dealership told me to call Lexus at 1-800-255-3987 and report the problem. I'm supposed to get a call tomorrow from a case manager to take next steps. Probably not going to get me anywhere, but I'm not happy at all. It's -20 today in Wisconsin and I can barely feel the heated seats on full power.

My dealership has already told me they 'perform as expected' - and by that, they mean they got the temp compared my IS350 F-Sport to another IS F-Sport on their lot and temps were the same, 74 degrees.
Old 01-23-14, 02:29 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by corsjr28
DBS (or anyone else) - have you called Lexus Corporate and talked to a case manager? If so, any progress there? My dealership told me to call Lexus at 1-800-255-3987 and report the problem. I'm supposed to get a call tomorrow from a case manager to take next steps. Probably not going to get me anywhere, but I'm not happy at all. It's -20 today in Wisconsin and I can barely feel the heated seats on full power.

My dealership has already told me they 'perform as expected' - and by that, they mean they got the temp compared my IS350 F-Sport to another IS F-Sport on their lot and temps were the same, 74 degrees.
As stated in Post #72 of this thread, my dealer opened a case with corporate; please feel free to reference the Case Number noted when discussing this with your dealership, it will give the matter better, more organized traction towards resolution.

Otherwise, yes, I've done all I can do, including calling and e-mailing corporate and my dealer, as well as posting on this board, which is what I've been told is necessary, such that I've been told significant complaint is necessary for corporate to simply look into the matter, which, if garnered, would likely result in a 'customer satisfaction' resolution. NOT SURE WHY THEY CAN'T JUST START LOOKING INTO THE MATTER NOW!? Maybe they are, but they are being very elusive re. same.

I too have been told that my seats are operating as designed, heating to 70 something degrees as well, but same is BS, where they are taking defensive measures to protect themselves by failing to acknowledge the issue, which is unfortunate for a company like Lexus. No way my (our) seats are heating to 70 something degrees!

In sum, there is a definite issue that needs resolution ASAP, as we are in the middle of a very cold winter. Please do your best to voice concern with both your dealer and corporate.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks.

Last edited by dbs600; 01-23-14 at 02:34 PM.
Old 02-05-14, 04:17 PM
corsjr28
Driver School Candidate

As stated in Post #72 of this thread, my dealer opened a case with corporate; please feel free to reference the Case Number noted when discussing this with your dealership, it will give the matter better, more organized traction towards resolution.

Otherwise, yes, I've done all I can do, including calling and e-mailing corporate and my dealer, as well as posting on this board, which is what I've been told is necessary, such that I've been told significant complaint is necessary for corporate to simply look into the matter, which, if garnered, would likely result in a 'customer satisfaction' resolution. NOT SURE WHY THEY CAN'T JUST START LOOKING INTO THE MATTER NOW!? Maybe they are, but they are being very elusive re. same.

I too have been told that my seats are operating as designed, heating to 70 something degrees as well, but same is BS, where they are taking defensive measures to protect themselves by failing to acknowledge the issue, which is unfortunate for a company like Lexus. No way my (our) seats are heating to 70 something degrees!

In sum, there is a definite issue that needs resolution ASAP, as we are in the middle of a very cold winter. Please do your best to voice concern with both your dealer and corporate.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks.
I wanted to follow up... I was assigned a case manager by Lexus Corporate. She looked into the 'issue' and found no reason why the nuluxe material would not be working as it should (of course). I told her the heated seats were useless here in WI, it's ice cold here everyday and they barely get warm. She said because they're actually working (I can feel slight heat), there is nothing they can do. I asked for Lexus to provide a credit to me because the seats were completely useless - she took a few days, but came back and said because they're working (even a little), there is nothing Lexus will do at this time.

I happened to bring my car into service today for a different issue I'm having... I'll be speaking to the service manager and bringing up your case # to him regarding the heated seats.
Old 02-05-14, 05:43 PM
ultran00b8
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FWIW, I have a IS 350 with the leather (non F-Sport) and the seats barely become warm after 30 min. On the 2IS and the CT, the seat would become unbearably hot after about 10-15 min. On my Range Rover, the seat becomes hot in less than 10 min. Clearly something is wrong and the seat heaters just aren't outputting enough heat.

Moreover, the heated steering wheel is also useless as it is slow and only heated at the 10-2-5-7 o'clock positions only. WTF Lexus.
Old 02-06-14, 01:44 PM
thunderii
Driver School Candidate

I've same problem with this issue and found this forum while trying to find the answers.

I've 2014 F-sport too and both sides are barely warm enough to feel on my butt or back. I'll make the call and report to Lexus too...
Old 02-06-14, 03:05 PM
Dark9t316
Lead Lap

I think the right side if my back is hotter than the left.
Old 02-06-14, 06:16 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Unfortunately, winter is passing without word of acknowledgement or a solution yet. :|
Old 02-06-14, 07:30 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Surprisingly many people are having this issue. I had to turn mine down because it's was too hot after a few minutes.
Old 02-06-14, 07:54 PM
gvan1998
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by dojoman
Surprisingly many people are having this issue. I had to turn mine down because it's was too hot after a few minutes.
maybe because your in CA and we are in snow
Old 02-06-14, 08:20 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
Mine get very hot too. Seems to be a rather inconsistent issue affecting many, but not all of our cars.
Old 02-06-14, 09:11 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JDR76
Mine get very hot too. Seems to be a rather inconsistent issue affecting many, but not all of our cars.
Is yours an F Sport?
Old 02-07-14, 06:11 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Is yours an F Sport?
No, regular with NuLuxe. 18 degrees on my drive to work yesterday, and I had to turn it down...
Old 02-07-14, 08:42 AM
Dark9t316
Lead Lap

We all have different butt tolerance levels for heat, so realistically someone will always be complaining that it's too hot or not hot enough.
Old 02-07-14, 09:01 AM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JDR76
No, regular with NuLuxe. 18 degrees on my drive to work yesterday, and I had to turn it down...
That's the thing; this only effects F Sport vehicles.

As if F Sport owners don't sacrifice enough! NOT HAPPY.

Originally Posted by Dark9t316
We all have different butt tolerance levels for heat, so realistically someone will always be complaining that it's too hot or not hot enough.
Yes, true, but I'm not sure this is the whole picture:

The same person who says their seats get too hot would probably agree my seats don't get hot at all; there's a problem with the F Sport seats...
Old 02-07-14, 02:35 PM
skip000
Driver School Candidate

with the heated seats, do you think there is a difference with those who ordered the Cold Weather Package, to those who did not? Those with heated AND ventilated seats, as opposed to those with just heated seats? Those with leather, and those withnot? It is werid that some are saying the seats get very hot, and those who say just luke warm!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Heated Seat Discussion (merged threads)