IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Heated Seat Discussion (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-15, 08:43 PM
criticalgt
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

So I talked to Lexus Customer Satisfaction and they told me that they checked with the dealer that serviced my car and my seats are functioning normally. They will note my issue and contact me if there is a recall in the future. WTF. So if the dealer says that there is not issue, Lexus believes there is no issue.

I mean can we say class action at this point?
Old 01-28-15, 11:14 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is BS and Lexus DOES NOT GIVE A ****.

We complain, but nothing is being done.

Was told the car has heated seats, paid for heated seats and want heated seats.

Lexus has strayed far from its roots; disgraceful.

Not acceptable in 1989, not acceptable now.

Last edited by dbs600; 01-30-15 at 11:02 AM.
Old 01-29-15, 10:13 PM
computerwi
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

On my 2015 IS350 AWD F-Sport, the heated seats work flawlessly. At times, level 3 is too hot and I have to manually turn it down before it automatically lowers. The automatic feature is great when I'm remote started.
Old 01-30-15, 12:19 PM
istasy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by computerwi
On my 2015 IS350 AWD F-Sport, the heated seats work flawlessly. At times, level 3 is too hot and I have to manually turn it down before it automatically lowers. The automatic feature is great when I'm remote started.
I believe the issue is only with the 2014 IS F-Sports.

I too have this issue. I took my 2014 IS350 F-Sport to the dealer and they told me the heated seats were operating within spec according to Lexus. However, they have had others complain as well at the dealership. So clearly it is an issue!
The service manager said I should complain to corporate since there is nothing they can do. Pretty ridiculous!
Old 01-30-15, 03:35 PM
RoiteTrom
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by istasy
I believe the issue is only with the 2014 IS F-Sports.

I too have this issue. I took my 2014 IS350 F-Sport to the dealer and they told me the heated seats were operating within spec according to Lexus. However, they have had others complain as well at the dealership. So clearly it is an issue!
The service manager said I should complain to corporate since there is nothing they can do. Pretty ridiculous!
It's not just 2014. I have a 2015 and the heated seats suck here in Chicago weather. I have the heated seats on level 3, but the heat coming out feels like a level 1. Or, if it exists, a level 0.5 haha.

The heated steering wheel works great... but the heated seats are a rip off from lexus.
Old 01-31-15, 10:08 AM
SeanMHAS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JDR76
Nope, it's available, just not on the F Sport.
2015 F-Sport 3 with Nuluxe, I have heated and cooled seats, car is a Canadian car.
Old 02-01-15, 08:31 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

Originally Posted by SeanMHAS
2015 F-Sport 3 with Nuluxe, I have heated and cooled seats, car is a Canadian car.
That quote of mine was in 2013, when only the 2014 models were out. The ventilated seats were not available on 2014 F Sports.
Old 02-02-15, 01:57 PM
IvesK
Driver School Candidate

Default 2014 IS 350 FSport Seats Not Warming

My seats go from 69 degrees to about 72 when it is 53 outside after about 10 minutes and that's it. That's just an example of how long it takes. Dealership won't do a thing til they compare to same exact car and conveniently can't find one. They say that is how it is designed. Anyone have the same problem and can tell me how to go about getting it fixed?
Old 02-02-15, 03:55 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by IvesK
That's just an example of how long it takes. Dealership won't do a thing til they compare to same exact car and conveniently can't find one.
Ha; what BS!
Old 02-05-15, 07:14 AM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by IvesK
My seats go from 69 degrees to about 72 when it is 53 outside after about 10 minutes and that's it. That's just an example of how long it takes. Dealership won't do a thing til they compare to same exact car and conveniently can't find one. They say that is how it is designed. Anyone have the same problem and can tell me how to go about getting it fixed?
yes, i have the same problem and its been pissing me off ever since i got the car!
i will be getting mine fixed this fall along with the laggy navigation, stereo that reboots, iPod that won't stay connected. also adding cooled seats adaptive head lighting, heads up display, a stereo that rocks! remote start, a turbo with another 150 hp and 200 lbs of torque when my lease is up and i trade it in for the cadillac ATS-V!
just traded in my wife's 2013 GS-350 F sport for an Acura MDX tech, advance, rear ent sys.

almost traded in my IS for the TLX while i was there also but i don't need a car that big. but i have to say it was a fun car to drive and all of my gripes with the lexus's have been addressed in the Acura. but i think i need something more sporty with a turbo. (i live at 6500 feet)

yea i think I'm done with lexus, I've had 4 of them over the years and i am tired of making compromises!
i think i should be able to get a fully optioned car if i want to. if i want the f sport and all the other features the IS comes with, i should be able to have that. i shouldn't have to give up all the other features and have to deal with the little quirky things.
even the new Acura stays in sport mode between drives! don't have to select it every time.
not only does it recognize which driver is in the car without having to unlock the doors, it knows my radio station, my phone, my seat heat or cool setting, climate control, mirrors, seat position, steering wheel position, and instrument cluster setting.
this is how i would have expected a lexus to be, but I'm done putting up with the things that i don't like just to have a lexus.

Just sayin!
Old 02-05-15, 07:31 AM
salvadorik
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Bass Mech
yes, i have the same problem and its been pissing me off ever since i got the car!
i will be getting mine fixed this fall along with the laggy navigation, stereo that reboots, iPod that won't stay connected. also adding cooled seats adaptive head lighting, heads up display, a stereo that rocks! remote start, a turbo with another 150 hp and 200 lbs of torque when my lease is up and i trade it in for the cadillac ATS-V!
just traded in my wife's 2013 GS-350 F sport for an Acura MDX tech, advance, rear ent sys.

almost traded in my IS for the TLX while i was there also but i don't need a car that big. but i have to say it was a fun car to drive and all of my gripes with the lexus's have been addressed in the Acura. but i think i need something more sporty with a turbo. (i live at 6500 feet)

yea i think I'm done with lexus, I've had 4 of them over the years and i am tired of making compromises!
i think i should be able to get a fully optioned car if i want to. if i want the f sport and all the other features the IS comes with, i should be able to have that. i shouldn't have to give up all the other features and have to deal with the little quirky things.
even the new Acura stays in sport mode between drives! don't have to select it every time.
not only does it recognize which driver is in the car without having to unlock the doors, it knows my radio station, my phone, my seat heat or cool setting, climate control, mirrors, seat position, steering wheel position, and instrument cluster setting.
this is how i would have expected a lexus to be, but I'm done putting up with the things that i don't like just to have a lexus.

Just sayin!
I hear ya man. I am also seriously contemplating to switching back to Audi, specifically to S3. I am very not happy with "well known Lexus customer service". I called Lexus customer relations about my driver's seat NuLuxe paint started peeling off and the lady did not want to hear me. Just got an impression that she wanted to get rid of me. She barely gave me her full name. wow that was the worst customer service. Anyway, not impressed with very well acclaimed Lexus service. All I hear is to wait, everything is normal, and things of that nature.
Old 02-05-15, 10:09 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by salvadorik
I hear ya man. I am also seriously contemplating to switching back to Audi, specifically to S3. I am very not happy with "well known Lexus customer service". I called Lexus customer relations about my driver's seat NuLuxe paint started peeling off and the lady did not want to hear me. Just got an impression that she wanted to get rid of me. She barely gave me her full name. wow that was the worst customer service. Anyway, not impressed with very well acclaimed Lexus service. All I hear is to wait, everything is normal, and things of that nature.
well, i am happy to report i have officially fixed all my issues with the lexus. after 13 months of ownership i managed an unbelievable deal on a brand new 2014 Cadillac CTS-V sport.
get this.. when you have a car sitting on your lot for over a year and in the middle of winter on a 420 hp twin turbo RWD in colorado you can work some amazing deals!
i just bought this car for $18,000 dollars off sticker price!!!!! can you say HOLY MOLY? yes i have in my garage a $70,080 car that i paid only $52,000 dollars for!!!
un belivable!
not only do i have heated seats, i have heated rear seats and cooled seats along with REAL CARBON FIBER inserts not the fake stuff.
microfiber suede accents and more gadgets and gizmos than a swiss army knife.
this car has everything that the new stingray has and more and almost as fast. 0-60 in just 4 seconds and 12.9 sec 1/4 mile!
it has rain sense wipers and auto high beam headlights and adaptive front lighting system.
lane departure warning and radar cruise with pre collision, rear cross traffic alert, blind spot monitors and dimming mirrors that actually dim.
brembo brakes and sport bucket seats with actual seat heaters that actually work!
oh and the mark levinson system sounds like a transistor ratio compared to the bose 13 speaker surround system that pumps enough bass to shake the mirrors at full volume with no reduction in bass output.
all the exterior lights are LED as well as the interior lights.

anyway, i managed to replace both my lexus vehicles in less than a week and lexus can suck my left nut!
Old 02-06-15, 10:09 PM
janterry15
Rookie

Since lexus doesn't give a crap about us, is there anyway to fix this issue??
I noticed only some of us have this issue, while others seats are working perfectly fine.

Anyone thought about taking it apart and putting a after market one in there?
Old 02-07-15, 05:16 AM
ChickenIS
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

It sucks to see this long thread on heated seats for your new IS'

Good luck.
Old 03-02-15, 08:37 PM
11oops
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy Add me to the list

Another 2014 F-Sport owner with a cold butt. Here in Wisconsin I can get in the cold car, and only start to feel heat once my own body heat has warmed up the seat. They are completely useless, and may as well not even be there when the interior temperature is below freezing.

I also had the dealer check, even though I knew what the response would be. Sure enough, "they are functioning properly and within spec." And also sure enough, he acknowledged that there had been numerous other '14 F-Sport complaints about the same thing.

Will this ever result in a recall? No, never. But we should at least have a way to get a portion of our cost back since we have an advertised feature that just doesn't work (and they know that, since it's resolved with the '15). Such a disappointment.

BUT.... I would rather have this complaint than have a car that can't go more than three months without a visit to the dealer for a warranty repair like my brother's 328! I guess if this is all we have to complain about, well, then maybe we're still lucky.

Quick Reply: Heated Seat Discussion (merged threads)