IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Strange MSRP option list problem on 2014 F-Sports...

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-13, 10:21 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SonyHome
You can order ML and Power Sunshade. I notice some regions don't offer certain features. For example if you change the Lexus.com to CA zip 94063 and go through the build there are a lot less options than you did the same thing using MN zip 55126. Not sure why some options on the IS are not available in some areas.
How do I go about seeing same on the Build Your Own site; what Zip Code should I put in? At least, I'd like to see how much these features are and whether or not they're available as stand alone options. There are ZERO cars with same in my area (New York)...
Old 09-16-13, 10:55 PM
albino1
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Not really sure that the Math matters...

If the motor calls for Premium or 91 in CA.. You put premium, plain and simple...

The $3 difference on a fill up is not worth the long term damage it will create by using 87.

~ Joe Z
What if trade it in every 3 years anyway? Or what if it's a lease? At that point you're putting 87 in and damaging someone else's car
Old 09-17-13, 07:26 AM
redcupr
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dbs600
Some great info being dispensed guys; thanks!

Does anyone know if the F-Sport DOES NOT come with automatically dipping side-view mirrors when in Reverse (for parking)? Thought I came across something that said this in another thread, which I’m really not happy to hear; not a good combination with the low profile tires... :/
The F-Sport does not come with dipping side mirrors. That being said, it's not an issue for me.

I have the curb side mirror adjusted so I can see down to the curb as well as the top of any vehicle that shows up in the mirror (the mirror is convex enough that you don't really need auto dipping). I can't see the rear wheel in relation to the curb but I can see the quarter panel in relation to the curb and my brain can easily figure out where the wheel is from there. If I have the presence of mind next time I'm at a curb, I'll snap a picture of the mirror.
Old 09-17-13, 08:19 AM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by redcupr
The F-Sport does not come with dipping side mirrors. That being said, it's not an issue for me.

I have the curb side mirror adjusted so I can see down to the curb as well as the top of any vehicle that shows up in the mirror (the mirror is convex enough that you don't really need auto dipping). I can't see the rear wheel in relation to the curb but I can see the quarter panel in relation to the curb and my brain can easily figure out where the wheel is from there. If I have the presence of mind next time I'm at a curb, I'll snap a picture of the mirror.
Thank you my good man.

Just don't see why they needed to leave off such a useful feature on a 2014 luxury car!?
Old 09-17-13, 09:37 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by albino1
What if trade it in every 3 years anyway? Or what if it's a lease? At that point you're putting 87 in and damaging someone else's car
Well if thats how you roll... Then soo be it...

~ Joe Z
Old 09-17-13, 10:10 AM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

How do I go about seeing same on the Build Your Own site; what Zip Code should I put in? At least, I'd like to see how much these features are and whether or not they're available as stand alone options. There are ZERO cars with same in my area (New York)...
You need to enter your zip code to see what options are available to you to order.
Old 09-17-13, 01:54 PM
Fringe
Driver School Candidate

Two more q's:

Why have I not seen ANY IS' with either the Mark Levinson audio sys or the power rear sunshade, both of which are listed in the brochure!?

Are these special order options I would need to place an order for?

Does anyone know how much they are?

Thanks again!
I think the Mark Levinson with Navigation is $3,225 and the rear sunshade is $200.

I don't have the paperwork in front of me, but I'm ordering both.

I really wanted to order the heated steering wheel but it can't be added to rear wheel drive orders like mine. It's only available to all wheel drive orders.
Old 09-17-13, 01:58 PM
redcupr
Driver

Thank you my good man.

Just don't see why they needed to leave off such a useful feature on a 2014 luxury car!?
I agree. I would have paid good money for rain sensing wipers on the F-Sport, too.
Old 09-17-13, 03:32 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Fringe
I think the Mark Levinson with Navigation is $3,225 and the rear sunshade is $200.

I don't have the paperwork in front of me, but I'm ordering both.

I really wanted to order the heated steering wheel but it can't be added to rear wheel drive orders like mine. It's only available to all wheel drive orders.
I didn't see heated steering wheel option on AWD F Sport on Lexus.com for my area. It didn't even have power tilt which was available on RWD F Sport in my area. Some of these are just crazy and stupid. What rationale makes power tilt available in RWD but not in AWD in same area?
Old 09-17-13, 04:54 PM
vbx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by albino1
Wow, Lexus owners not wanting to pay an extra $3 a week on gas?

Why by an a 300hp car just to let put 87 on it so the ECU can then say, oh cheap gas, let's lower the HP and adjust the timing. And make it run like a IS250. LOL