IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Navigation options prohibited while moving

Old 11-28-13, 10:58 AM
gobase2008
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sounds logic, but I wouldn't like arguing with them.

I'll use the wife,, I already lost the warranty on her, so thats fine :-)
Old 01-07-14, 01:32 PM
AMalick
Rookie

Default Video in motion bypass

Oh Crap.

I'm taking delivery of my new car on Friday this week and just discovered that Beat Sonic don't deliver outside of the USA when trying to purchase the unit online, so now i'm stuck

Need to find another way to bypass video in motion safety control. Anyone had any success with another unit ? or found another alternative ?
Old 01-22-14, 10:16 AM
AMalick
Rookie

Default It works

Eventually got hold of beatsonic and they were prepared to deliver to south Africa. It took 1 week for delivery and I can now confirm that the beatsonic NT6223 TV Navi controller works like a charm to enable DVD while in motion as well as opening up all the features that are normally blocked while driving. I just completed the install myself. It took me all of 45 minutes because I was very careful when removing and replacing panels.
Old 01-28-14, 06:22 PM
saferisk
Driver School Candidate

Did you take any pics? I'm interested to know where you located the switch
Old 01-31-14, 05:35 PM
tclakfan
Driver School Candidate

The Beat Sonic system doesn’t work as advertised on the navigation bypass!!!! After seeing this post and communicating with Sam at Beat Sonic, I bought their system (NT6223) for my 2014 IS350 F Sport. I was initially waiting for the Prestigious Society system because I don’t want any switches but I did not want to wait any longer.

A friend of mine came and helped me with the installation. The package comes with no installation instruction period. We managed to gather enough information beforehand otherwise the installation would take much longer. Installation actually wasn’t too difficult. Once we finished the installation we tested the system. The DVD in motion works 100%. However, the navigation override does not work 100%, far from it actually. At any reasonable driving speed of 30+mph, when the switch is pushed, the system only overrides the navigation for 30 to 60 seconds then all menus grayed out. It seems that the faster the car is moving the faster the cut off occurs. In order to override the nav again, we had to deactivate the system then reactivated it again after few seconds.

Before I made the purchase, I had several email exchanges with Sam at Beat Sonic and he assured me that there is not time limitation issue at all on the navi override. Today when I emailed him about the issue, he told me I did not connect the gray GPS connector properly. However the problem is their unit has no gray connector at all!!!!! At the end, Sam admitted the system did not have the gray connector and the system was returned for refund the following day since their refund policy needs to be within 24 hours of purchase which I think is quite harsh.

Has anyone tried this unit and is experiencing the same issue? Prestigious Society warned me that they do not believe Beat Sonic systems will work 100% and might have the timeout issue, but after reading this thread I thought Prestigious Society was wrong…
Old 01-31-14, 06:32 PM
BeatSonic
Sponsor

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by tclakfan
The Beat Sonic system doesn’t work as advertised on the navigation bypass!!!! After seeing this post and communicating with Sam at Beat Sonic, I bought their system (NT6223) for my 2014 IS350 F Sport. I was initially waiting for the Prestigious Society system because I don’t want any switches but I did not want to wait any longer.

A friend of mine came and helped me with the installation. The package comes with no installation instruction period. We managed to gather enough information beforehand otherwise the installation would take much longer. Installation actually wasn’t too difficult. Once we finished the installation we tested the system. The DVD in motion works 100%. However, the navigation override does not work 100%, far from it actually. At any reasonable driving speed of 30+mph, when the switch is pushed, the system only overrides the navigation for 30 to 60 seconds then all menus grayed out. It seems that the faster the car is moving the faster the cut off occurs. In order to override the nav again, we had to deactivate the system then reactivated it again after few seconds.

Before I made the purchase, I had several email exchanges with Sam at Beat Sonic and he assured me that there is not time limitation issue at all on the navi override. Today when I emailed him about the issue, he told me I did not connect the gray GPS connector properly. However the problem is their unit has no gray connector at all!!!!! At the end, Sam admitted the system did not have the gray connector and the system was returned for refund the following day since their refund policy needs to be within 24 hours of purchase which I think is quite harsh.

Has anyone tried this unit and is experiencing the same issue? Prestigious Society warned me that they do not believe Beat Sonic systems will work 100% and might have the timeout issue, but after reading this thread I thought Prestigious Society was wrong…

We sincerely apologize that our module did not work for you. We are currently looking at the possibility that your unit was defective as we have not had any other claims of the bypass being limited to the 30-60 seconds that you have experienced from all the other customers. We have been selling this to the 2014 IS models since its launch and this is the first time we had this issue.

If you would like to come back for a second attempt with a brand new NT6223 and installation by us, please let us know and we can take you in at your convenience. We can then thoroughly test the product to make sure it is 100% before you leave our premises. No charge on the installation of course.

http://www.beatsonicusa.com/
Old 02-01-14, 09:12 AM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

i thought i was going to buy a unit for my car(s) but honestly i don't see the need, there is absolutely no reason to need to watch a DVD while driving, there is no need to have access to your phone contact list while driving as you can simply grab your phone and dial from it directly or using the voice control to find and dial a number for you.
and the navigation works quite well by voice, or using bing, or as a last resort calling the advisor.
the only other thing you cannot do is view text messages on the screen. Siri is good at dictation for the reply text message.
i can live with it, no need to waste money on a stupid little box that doesn't work as advertised. honestly its really not that big of a deal.
Old 02-04-14, 11:04 AM
scottkim23
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BeatSonic
We sincerely apologize that our module did not work for you. We are currently looking at the possibility that your unit was defective as we have not had any other claims of the bypass being limited to the 30-60 seconds that you have experienced from all the other customers. We have been selling this to the 2014 IS models since its launch and this is the first time we had this issue.

If you would like to come back for a second attempt with a brand new NT6223 and installation by us, please let us know and we can take you in at your convenience. We can then thoroughly test the product to make sure it is 100% before you leave our premises. No charge on the installation of course.
I would be interested in this if you are offering this to other users.
Old 02-04-14, 12:10 PM
BeatSonic
Sponsor

Originally Posted by scottkim23
I would be interested in this if you are offering this to other users.
At this moment, we are refraining from selling our bypass units to 2014 Lexus IS customers until we figure out the exact reason to why the 30-60 second limitation was experienced by the other customer.

In the meantime, please subscribe to this thread for any updates from me or from other members.

Thank you for your patience!

Old 02-04-14, 01:08 PM
JaKL14
Driver School Candidate

I actually have had my beat sonic installed for a little over a month. my dvd bypass works 100%. But the nav bypass does stop working at various time lengths at anytime i choose to bypass the nav. Shortest I've had was like 10 seconds. It gets real annoying when you try to type in a address. Besides that the system works great.

Would definitely be interested in getting this repaired though.

Also, I'm not sure if its how the system works, but the gps location on the maps stops when i press the button. I would assume thats how the system tricks the car. So Whoever buys the beatsonic, just remember to keep close access to the button since you will have to reactivate your gps so that your navigation will work once again.
Old 02-04-14, 01:17 PM
AMalick
Rookie

Originally Posted by AMalick
Eventually got hold of beatsonic and they were prepared to deliver to south Africa. It took 1 week for delivery and I can now confirm that the beatsonic NT6223 TV Navi controller works like a charm to enable DVD while in motion as well as opening up all the features that are normally blocked while driving. I just completed the install myself. It took me all of 45 minutes because I was very careful when removing and replacing panels.
Just read some of the threads on this following mine. So sorry if I mislead you guys, but I never really overide the in motion stuff other than DVD playback so I never noticed this fault. I will try tomorrow to see if I also experience this problem. For my purpose the unit serves me just fine. I really only wanted to overide DVD playback and very seldom need to type in addresses while in motion etc..
Old 02-10-14, 09:59 PM
tclakfan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JaKL14
I actually have had my beat sonic installed for a little over a month. my dvd bypass works 100%. But the nav bypass does stop working at various time lengths at anytime i choose to bypass the nav. Shortest I've had was like 10 seconds. It gets real annoying when you try to type in a address. Besides that the system works great.

Would definitely be interested in getting this repaired though.

Also, I'm not sure if its how the system works, but the gps location on the maps stops when i press the button. I would assume thats how the system tricks the car. So Whoever buys the beatsonic, just remember to keep close access to the button since you will have to reactivate your gps so that your navigation will work once again.

JaKL14, I am glad to hear that I am not the only one experiencing the problem. What you described is exactly what I saw as well, at any reasonable driving speed it is literally impossible to input an address. Seems like this confirms that’s how the Beat Sonic system works which is a huge problem in my opinion. I was wondering if my friend did something wrong on the install but I guess not.

In any case I would just sit tight and wait for someone to have a fully working solution first. I don't have time to drive to Beat Sonic shop and my girlfriend wasn’t entirely thrilled when she had to go back the very next day to return it because of the return policy…

I did have another few more email exchanges with Prestigious Society. They did tell me that they are in the final stage of the development and should have it coming very soon (unlike what they have been saying the past months that they were still working on it), we will see how that goes
Old 03-18-14, 02:30 PM
BeatSonic
Sponsor

Dear CL 2014 IS Owners,

Thanks to tclakfan for first identifying the issue, we acted and have came up with the solution. We got together with our engineers in Japan and identified that for some select 2014 Lexus models, the lockout on the Navigation Address Input, POI, phone dialing is also activated by the vehicle's GPS system. This is how Lexus designed their safety feature.

We have redesigned a new NAV/DVD bypass module which is exactly the same as our NT6223 with some advancements:

New body casing: As the new bypass module needs a larger circuit board, we now have a sophisticated new case that features the Beat-Sonic's "wave" logo.

New button: The new button is flat and circular with a lot of surface area for functionality. There is a small red LED indicator light that notifies you when the bypass is active.

New function: DVD bypass is always active and it does not alter any other factory controls.

Programmable: The bypass function is now programmable to shut off by itself after a certain time is passed (1, 2, 5 minutes or indefinitely). You can always deactivate the bypass by pressing the button again. Most people like the bypass to be active indefinitely until you press the button again, which can also be programmed to function this way.

The product page is up: http://www.beatsonicusa.com/bb6223.html

The pictures are on its way.

Stay tuned for a group buy deal

Old 03-18-14, 02:32 PM
BeatSonic
Sponsor

For everyone who has our current version of the bypass, please PM me your information. We will be exchanging it for free of charge.

To ensure a trouble-free exchange, we will send you the new module first with a return label so that you do not have to remove the radio twice.

Thank you!

Last edited by BeatSonic; 03-18-14 at 07:01 PM.
Old 03-18-14, 03:49 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

i don't know why this is such a big deal, i just program my nav by voice or call destination assist. its really not with the time to install this bypass module.
further i can install an aftermarket dvd or bring an iPad with movies and bluetooth connect the audio for my passengers.
the lockout of the lexus used to bother me, but so little of its functionality is locked out now i really don't see the need to modify anything..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Navigation options prohibited while moving