IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

F Sport Availability

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-13, 04:18 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default F Sport Availability

I been trying to test drive a IS350 F Sport and I get the feeling this is not available easily even for test drives.

After waiting little over a week local dealer called and said there was F Sport available. I test drove it and I think I like it enough to see if I can negotiate a good price on one for purchase. One they had was available because someone's financing fell through or something but it wasn't the color or options I wanted. We talked price briefly on this car and this was their offer:

IS350 AWD F Sport w/ BSM, Nav, Trunk Mat, Cargo Net, Whl Locks, Rear Bumper App: $48,803
Color: Nebula Gray Pearl & Rioja Red
Discount: $500

How long has this car been out and available for sell? When can I expect more supply? Is it realistic to get this car for closer to invoice if I wait few more months? This would be my first Lexus and I wasn't sure how much they discount or negotiate.

Also they gave me a very low offer on my trade so I don't think they wanted my business all that much. I guess I can't blame them if they have another buyer who is willing to pay MSRP.
Old 09-13-13, 04:27 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

This car has been out since late June. It's probably your area that's the problem. My dealer has more 3IS's than we know what to do with. Price is going to be all over the board. Some dealers won't budge at MSRP, one of our competing dealers were selling at Invoice, and our dealer and others in the area are selling somewhere in between. Congrats on trying to get your first Lexus. Truth is, if you're in no rush, then don't settle on a color and options you don't initially want. Do it once and do it right, the right one will come along
Old 09-13-13, 04:30 PM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

Most people are having to order the IS350 Fsports. Most dealers are sold out. I got the last white / rioja red my dealer could get until December. All are now special order. Mine is being built on Monday. I had to drive a regular IS350 to get a feel for the engine.

All IS350 Fsports in the Houston area are sold out. Only ones you can find around here are IS250 Fsports or the non Fsports.
Old 09-13-13, 04:31 PM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

Dealer said 3 to 6 months and Lexus will ramp up production to meet the demand. Guessing they are selling better than expected.
Old 09-13-13, 04:37 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

So did you guys pay MSRP due to supply and demand? Sounds like I need to order one from CA and have it delivered for the best deal. I'll probably sell my car online so this wouldn't be an issue. Which dealer in CA is best to work with to get best deal? Should be no hassle deal really. I know what I want. They just need to order it for me and have it shipped to MN.
Old 09-13-13, 04:39 PM
IS350S2K
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I wouldn't settle and ordered mine instead of going with something on the lot. You might get a better deal by ordering or looking elsewhere. I got near invoice.
Old 09-13-13, 04:41 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

@Hoovey2411

Wow. Your car looks sweet. Is that a IS? What kit do you have on there?
Old 09-13-13, 04:52 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by IS350S2K
I wouldn't settle and ordered mine instead of going with something on the lot. You might get a better deal by ordering or looking elsewhere. I got near invoice.
Which dealer & price if you don't mind sharing? I'm looking for Obsidian w/Rioja Red IS350 AWD with all options which according to Lexus.com is $50,325 including delivery. Based on truecar.com invoice should be ~$2,900 off.
Old 09-13-13, 05:05 PM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

Paying sticker since it is new and had to order mine. But I got 2 year service, tinted windows, all weather floor mats as part of the deal. 48,533 is the sticker.
Old 09-13-13, 05:58 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 108 Likes on 79 Posts

simple truth is more you wait, cheaper they will be... as always. i think they have some great deals at the end of the year.

i wouldnt also settle for the car that i dont want, get options you like.
Old 09-13-13, 05:58 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by SonyHome
So did you guys pay MSRP due to supply and demand? Sounds like I need to order one from CA and have it delivered for the best deal. I'll probably sell my car online so this wouldn't be an issue. Which dealer in CA is best to work with to get best deal? Should be no hassle deal really. I know what I want. They just need to order it for me and have it shipped to MN.
Sent you a PM

Originally Posted by SonyHome
@Hoovey2411

Wow. Your car looks sweet. Is that a IS? What kit do you have on there?
Not to thread jack but because you asked, here's a link with photos post #83 has some good pics. First page has my mod list. Yes it's a 2008 IS350.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...-thread-6.html

Originally Posted by Skinnyfats
Paying sticker since it is new and had to order mine. But I got 2 year service, tinted windows, all weather floor mats as part of the deal. 48,533 is the sticker.
Is that tax, license, registration included in the price? If so you got yourself a deal
Old 09-13-13, 06:05 PM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

That does not include tax, tags, etc etc. If I could wait 6 months I would be getting a deal. Tried but can't wait.
Old 09-13-13, 06:13 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by Skinnyfats
That does not include tax, tags, etc etc. If I could wait 6 months I would be getting a deal. Tried but can't wait.
Hey it happens, as long as you got the car, color, options you wanted then its cookies!
Old 09-13-13, 06:54 PM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Hey it happens, as long as you got the car, color, options you wanted then its cookies!
Yep, he tried to talk me into a silver one. Umm...NO. Ultra White / Rioja Red.
Old 09-13-13, 07:13 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Sent you a PM

Not to thread jack but because you asked, here's a link with photos post #83 has some good pics. First page has my mod list. Yes it's a 2008 IS350.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/bui...-thread-6.html

Is that tax, license, registration included in the price? If so you got yourself a deal
You car looks so good, wow!

Quick Reply: F Sport Availability