IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

need a tech, can memory seats be added?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-13, 08:59 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

i do see a pattern though, if you notice looking at the side mirror parts they also mention packages just like the wire harnesses. they say things like
87908 8790853800B2
ACTUATOR ASSY, OUTER MIRROR, (RH - RIGHT, PASSENGER SIDE) (W/ FACTORY LUXURY PACKAGE) &POWER SEAT-WITH (SEAT MEMORY = DRIVER SIDE) &LANE CHANGE ASSIST-WITH (BLIND SPOT DETECTION, W (BUZZER) ) , (1J7, ATOMIC SILVER)

so the mirrors are sold as a unit and the package you have. so if my theory is correct you need any and all parts that refer to the luxury package.
some items refer to the F sport package. so i wonder if you have an F sport package part now, and you swap it for a luxury package part do you loose the things unique to the F sport?

this explains a lot when you look at the packages offered. it's not just the parts needed to add seat memory but the parts are unique to that package.
then the question is even if you had all the parts, will the mutiplex system need to be programmed differently? its quite possible that even if you had all the circuits and switches there there is no way to download the correct program to the internal computer because that program doesn't exist!
this is why you need a tech who has training and personal understanding of the systems and components, how they work and if throwing parts at the car is even possible to add the features.

i think it is quite possible that a system like a rear shade could be added, do they really make an entirely different harness to add a switch at the dash, a motor and shade assembly in the rear, a fuse in the fusebox and a connection to the reverse wire to lower the shade when in reverse.
as a matter of fact i recall seeing the rear shade was an add on feature you can actually buy separate. just like the remote start, there has to be an unused harness that the module plugs into and as was stated the ecu has to be reprogrammed to accept it.

i also saw parts for the lane keep assist, it consists of a camera and a few other parts. about 900 bucks worth. would this plug and play? well i think inly if you had the luxury package it might. it seems like they make 2 different harnesses the luxury and the F sport and in the build options its a pretty clear difference in the groups of features offered with either package, tells me those 2 builds have pretty significantly different harnesses. meaning simply that in an F sport car, none of the circuits exist for any of the luxury features and the builds are different enough that you might as well be talking a wire harness for a GS verses an IS you would have to be one of the design engineers themselves to know enough about the differences and their functions to even hope to know what parts are needed and how to hook it all up.

fog lights might be a possibility. thats a simple straight forward item you could easily buy the parts and build your own harness and relay to make that work but it wouldn't surprise me if you needed the IS 300 H harness to find fog light wire harness integrated with the factory harness.

i also think that if you look at the vehicle fusebox and find blanks it is entirely possible that those blanks contain wires for a feature that could easily be a plug and play item but those features are all straight forward circuits like a rear shade, or like a fog light, or like a steering wheel heater, or a heated mirror

the problem with seat memory is you already have power seats, now your missing the internal logic needed to set, store and recall the seat memory positions. that has to be something integrated and possibly programmed into the ecu to work.
Old 10-08-13, 09:51 PM
alexlude
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bass Mech
i do see a pattern though, if you notice looking at the side mirror parts they also mention packages just like the wire harnesses. they say things like
87908 8790853800B2
ACTUATOR ASSY, OUTER MIRROR, (RH - RIGHT, PASSENGER SIDE) (W/ FACTORY LUXURY PACKAGE) &POWER SEAT-WITH (SEAT MEMORY = DRIVER SIDE) &LANE CHANGE ASSIST-WITH (BLIND SPOT DETECTION, W (BUZZER) ) , (1J7, ATOMIC SILVER)

so the mirrors are sold as a unit and the package you have. so if my theory is correct you need any and all parts that refer to the luxury package.
some items refer to the F sport package. so i wonder if you have an F sport package part now, and you swap it for a luxury package part do you loose the things unique to the F sport?
Dont Fsports in other countries have the memory seat feature though? I believe I saw a USB Fsport (from middle east) with memory seat feature in a video on youtube
Old 10-08-13, 10:14 PM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by alexlude
Dont Fsports in other countries have the memory seat feature though? I believe I saw a USB Fsport (from middle east) with memory seat feature in a video on youtube
it's possible i know the 300H have them. but look at ti this way, your local Lexus dealer isn't going to stock or be able to order parts for any cars other than the ones sold in the US
Old 10-09-13, 06:20 AM
Stitch626
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone else notice that there are memory seats in this F sport?
Attached Thumbnails need a tech, can memory seats be added?-image-86171955.jpg  
Old 10-09-13, 06:44 AM
Bass Mech
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Stitch626
Anyone else notice that there are memory seats in this F sport?
yes we covered this somewhere, im pretty sure thats a european model. we aren't going to have access to the parts we need in the us
Old 10-09-13, 07:00 AM
Stitch626
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bass Mech
yes we covered this somewhere, im pretty sure thats a european model. we aren't going to have access to the parts we need in the us
Ahh makes sense :fail:
Old 10-09-13, 07:17 PM
IS35OF
Driver School Candidate

I doubt it will be a simple case of plug in a few items and everything will just work anyway...

Here in Australia, our 350 F Sports come pretty well optioned and have the memory seats for driver, but they also control the memory preferences for the electronic steering column and exterior rear vision mirrors too...

I reckon you'd run in to complications getting those things to work too.

Not to mention, the IS's that have the memory option also have the function for the drivers seat to slide back when the car is switched off to allow for easier entry/exit - just like they do in the GS. I know our IS's here that don't have the memory setting don't have the auto-moving seat function which is controlled/set through a menu accessed via the remote touch controller.

Not to rub it in anyone's faces, but I'm so glad Lexus Australia didn't follow Lexus US when specifying the standard features. I would of walked away from lexus if we missed out on real leather and ventilation for our F Sports, not to mention all the other things we got too. Unfortunately, we pay for it though - my '14 IS350 F Sport I have on order was a little under $90,000AUD ($85,000USD) with all option boxes ticked..
Old 10-09-13, 07:39 PM
vbx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When making a customized purchase through autoland, there is a checkbox for, fsport exhaust, fsports brakes, etc etc.

Is this legit?
Old 12-17-13, 11:13 PM
chanman
Driver School Candidate

I'm glad I'm not alone. Not being able to get the F-Sport package along with the Luxury Package is really close to being a dealbreaker for me. If I settle, this will bother me for as long as I own the car.
Old 12-18-13, 11:47 AM
waxy
Pole Position

I get really pissed off each time I hear this.

Especially when I bring my car in for service and those techs adjust the $#!+ out of my settings.
Would be nice to have that memory seat, I'd pay for the convenience.
I'm very OCD so I notice every little change, especially when my tight buttox doesn't seat properly in my comfort zone.
Old 12-23-13, 09:40 AM
ddb
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by waxy
I get really pissed off each time I hear this.

Especially when I bring my car in for service and those techs adjust the $#!+ out of my settings.
Would be nice to have that memory seat, I'd pay for the convenience.
I'm very OCD so I notice every little change, especially when my tight buttox doesn't seat properly in my comfort zone.
I'm about to call Lexus to pick up mine for the 5K service and a VERY long list of complains for things to be fixed . I am also planning to tell the person that picks it up (I have the service plan) that however the seat and the rear view mirrors are, I want them exactly like that when I get the car back....

And I know it won't be, so I will have my phone ready to call Lexus to complain...
Old 01-18-14, 10:35 PM
dbs600
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any updates anyone?

Thanks.