IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

White IS350 F-Sport vs Nebula Grey IS350 F-Sport

Old 09-07-13, 06:43 PM
Randre19
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default White IS350 F-Sport vs Nebula Grey IS350 F-Sport

Hey Guys,

I have been looking into the IS350 F-Sports and have had a hard time choosing between white or nebula grey. I went to the dealer today and saw the white in person and saw a regular 350 in grey but wasn't swayed by either. We then looked at the 2014 GS models. I saw a new GS350 F-Sport in nebula grey and it looked great. Was wondering if the nebula grey IS350's look better then the white. Let me know what ya think. Would appreciate some pics if possible.
Old 09-07-13, 07:02 PM
damtachoa
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you do me a favor? Can you go back to that dealer and take a few pictures of the 2014 GS Model (Interior and Exterior)?
Old 09-07-13, 07:07 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

John510 has a Nebula Gray/Rioja Red and looks stunning. See https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ght-now-3.html

Thejaperu and several others have U White with pics posted in this forum. Tough call as the white pops out in the street especially with a red interior and a blacked out vinyl wrapped roof but is the most common IS F-Sport out there if that matters, whereas the N.Gray blends in a little more (literally with the street) but is a far less common F-Sport so far.

Note, I have a N.Gray RX F-Sport and it's a great color https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...wrap-pics.html
Old 09-08-13, 04:27 AM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

What interior color(s) are you considering? I would suggest you look online at the white and grey in combination with various color interiors. You might come up with a clear favorite!
Old 09-08-13, 07:49 AM
SexyElaine
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With all due respect to all Nebula Grey owners ...... Ultra White with the Red Interior is the sexiest combo IMHO !! Then again I'm biased but just saying

Whichever you decide ....... you' cannot go wrong !! Good luck !
Old 09-08-13, 08:49 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,499 Likes on 1,802 Posts

I personally don't care for the white on the IS, so my vote would be nebula grey with the rioja red interior...
Old 09-08-13, 09:08 AM
John510
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Both colors look great. It's all in personal preference on which one you want to look at everyday.
Old 09-08-13, 09:35 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

F-Sport grill pops out a lot with UW color and it's really easy to catch people's eye with UW. Grill on Nebula is more blend-in just like Black car. One reason I do not like Nebula Grey on this IS is it looks a bit like old generation TSX from certain back angle, Acura has similar shade of color. But NG is easier to maintain UW is PITA with brake dust.

Last edited by dojoman; 09-08-13 at 09:44 AM.
Old 09-08-13, 10:18 AM
Dark9t316
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
F-Sport grill pops out a lot with UW color and it's really easy to catch people's eye with UW. Grill on Nebula is more blend-in just like Black car. One reason I do not like Nebula Grey on this IS is it looks a bit like old generation TSX from certain back angle, Acura has similar shade of color. But NG is easier to maintain UW is PITA with brake dust.
I agree, there is a reason why Lexus does more marketing with IS using UW than other colors, the grill truly stands out. With that said, I feel like half the people in this forum have UW.
Old 09-08-13, 11:16 AM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
John510 has a Nebula Gray/Rioja Red and looks stunning. See https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...ght-now-3.html

Thejaperu and several others have U White with pics posted in this forum. Tough call as the white pops out in the street especially with a red interior and a blacked out vinyl wrapped roof but is the most common IS F-Sport out there if that matters, whereas the N.Gray blends in a little more (literally with the street) but is a far less common F-Sport so far.

Note, I have a N.Gray RX F-Sport and it's a great color https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...wrap-pics.html
I had nebula grey on my '12 2IS and i loved it. But I had to go with this Ultra white this time around.

IMHO the 2IS had more feminine curves which makes it seem bigger/rounder so you would want to choose a color that slims it down. Nebula grey was an obvious choice. The 3IS has sleeker curves and even though its bigger it actually looks "thinner". So when i looked at the NG one it slimmed it even more. So for two reason i chose UW, it beefed the car up a bit and it is a great metallic white.

This ultra white was/is also available on the ISF but it makes it TOO round IMHO. You would have to add some black/CF accents to slim it down.
Old 09-08-13, 11:17 AM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Nebula Grey is a nice color but it gets old fast. It nowhere near as pretty as Smokey Granite it replaced
Old 09-08-13, 12:10 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,499 Likes on 1,802 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Nebula Grey is a nice color but it gets old fast. It nowhere near as pretty as Smokey Granite it replaced
I agree...

Lexus needs better colors overall IMHO
Old 09-08-13, 01:21 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Dark9t316
I agree, there is a reason why Lexus does more marketing with IS using UW than other colors, the grill truly stands out. With that said, I feel like half the people in this forum have UW.
So Randre19, you can see that if you want the car to "pop" and stand out, you might choose the white. If you want something more subdued, you might choose the grey. No right or wrong, just personal preference. I wanted subdued, yet sporty so I chose Nebula Grey Pearl exterior with Rioja Red interior. IMHO, both exterior colors look great with the red interior!
Old 09-08-13, 07:32 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

If I were to order the car (and I may) I would go Nebula Gray/Rioja Red. Outstanding combo!

That is, only if Atomic Silver never makes it to the States on the F Sport.
Old 09-08-13, 09:30 PM
eyeball
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am happy with my Nebula Gray Pearl ...

... but i just had to go to the bmw website for comparison purposes just now. For the 2014 328i sedan there are 11 metallic color options and 2 non-metallic options ...

... I just wish Lexus offered Ultrasonic Blue and Atomic Silver for the 2014 F-Sport this year in the U.S.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: White IS350 F-Sport vs Nebula Grey IS350 F-Sport