IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Clear Bra & Detailing Price Quote

Old 09-02-13, 11:16 AM
GriffinCO
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clear Bra & Detailing Price Quote

Hey Guys,

Just ordered my 350 IS in Atomic Silver - Flaxen!

Got a quote for a Clear Bra and want to hear your opinions on price:

- Full Hood
- Front Bumper
- Full Fenders
- Rear View Mirrors

$1,325 with Suntek Film.

Add-ons:

- Door Cups $30
- A Pillars $75
- Rear Bumper Strip $55

Also got quotes for Exterior and Interior Detailing:

- CQuartz Finest Coat $525
- Leather Coating Interior $225
- Carpet Coating Interior $225

I don't have experience with any of this products or services, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and Cheers,
Jamie
Old 09-03-13, 08:23 AM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Already a thread out there to answer some of your questions:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...me-advice.html
Old 09-04-13, 06:00 PM
PTmobile
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Prices are a tad bit high. Also get the lights done as they prevent oxidation from occurring. I install Suntek film and will tell you that you will not be disappointed with that product. It is an excellent film and has a self healing top coat.
Old 09-04-13, 07:18 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

The shop that did my clear bra wasn't even able to do the headlights because there is almost no flat area, they are too round.
Old 09-05-13, 03:36 AM
GriffinCO
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the input @PTMobile. I'm getting tint from the dealership. Any recommendations on a tint that would be classy on Atomic Silver?
Old 09-05-13, 08:41 PM
JerryWest
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
The shop that did my clear bra wasn't even able to do the headlights because there is almost no flat area, they are too round.
Don't settle -- I looked for an installer at my neck of the woods with lots of experience -- he did my lights with no added cost -- he had just installed a full body wrap on an LFA prior to my car bra installation.
Old 09-06-13, 08:21 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
Round is not an issue. Sharp and weird edges are.

The new IS or the 2IS's headlights are not the easiest one nor the most difficult one in the world. The installer just needs the patience and past experience (failures) to deal with it.

I think clear bra on headlights is a good investment. The clear bra on the headlights of my 06' 2IS looks new without noticeable pitting.

FYI, the pattern for 3IS's headlights have been available and so I don't see why it cannot be done.
Old 09-12-13, 04:31 AM
PTmobile
Driver

Originally Posted by AndyL
Round is not an issue. Sharp and weird edges are.

The new IS or the 2IS's headlights are not the easiest one nor the most difficult one in the world. The installer just needs the patience and past experience (failures) to deal with it.

I think clear bra on headlights is a good investment. The clear bra on the headlights of my 06' 2IS looks new without noticeable pitting.

FYI, the pattern for 3IS's headlights have been available and so I don't see why it cannot be done.
Your exactly right. The lights are not difficult to install on if you know what you are doing. We have done quiet a few of them without any issues. And they are a VERY good idea as they prevent headlight oxidation from occurring. Look at some other cars on the road and you will see after a few years the lights look milky.
Old 09-12-13, 06:27 AM
Skinnyfats
Pole Position

I need to find a Suntek installer in Houston.
Old 09-12-13, 11:15 PM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

Sewell sells pre-cut PPF now, but not for the F-sport.
http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...2014/6516.html
Old 09-20-13, 05:17 PM
shahir18
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Skinnyfats
I need to find a Suntek installer in Houston.
Invisishield (Drivers Source) or X-pert Tint
Old 12-02-13, 07:54 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Is Xpel & Suntek virtually same thing? What are the pros and cons of each? I know that Xpel has 10 year warranty and Suntek has 5 years but the owner of the shop I went to said he recommends going with Suntek over Xpel.

He stated he got some complaints from customers about Xpel staining and also Xpel has had some production issues since they outsource their manufacturing where as Suntek does all theirs.

As for the warranty he indicated he would warranty Suntek film and the installation for life of the vehicle. Price I got quoted was $1200 for full bumper, full fender, full hood, side mirrors, headlights, DRL, foglights, door cups, door edge guard, a-pillar, roof line, rear trunk ledge and $238 for 3M FX Premium 35% tint on front, rear and back.

Is the "door edge guard" option only applicable if you have door edge guard on your doors? I don't think there is door edge guard on my 3IS at least I didn't order that when I ordered my car.

Also if you get coating like Opti-Coat or CQuartz Finest Coat should you do this prior to putting on the film? Any good information about this as I'm looking to go with Opti-Coat and PPF. I would think I would Opti-Coat the whole car first then wait few days for that to cure and have them put on PPF.

@PTMobile, what are the reasons you like Suntek? Looking at some of the installation videos I can see that it's much easier to install but for the end customers what are the benefits over Xpel?

Last edited by SonyHome; 12-02-13 at 07:58 PM.
Old 12-03-13, 06:05 AM
sloosh
Driver

I got my entire car covered in Xpel Ultimate (self-healing) for just over $2500 with no regrets. Covered the entire car as it's black and swirl marks stand out so much...now I don't have to worry about them. Anyway, I'd say you're paying too much.
Old 12-03-13, 06:47 AM
zmcgovern4
Auto Detailing Master

Received 93 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by GriffinCO

Also got quotes for Exterior and Interior Detailing:

- CQuartz Finest Coat $525
- Leather Coating Interior $225
- Carpet Coating Interior $225

I don't have experience with any of this products or services, so any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks and Cheers,
Jamie
^Hey Jamie - CLICK HERE for plenty of information on CQuartz Finest Paint Coating.

To be honest, that is a VERY good price! It is actually lower than the installer is allowed to offer that service per the contract required for all authorized installers (I am an installer myself).

Feel free to let me know if you've got any more questions regarding CQuartz Finest or anything detailing related, I'm happy to help!

-Zach

Originally Posted by SonyHome

Also if you get coating like Opti-Coat or CQuartz Finest Coat should you do this prior to putting on the film? Any good information about this as I'm looking to go with Opti-Coat and PPF. I would think I would Opti-Coat the whole car first then wait few days for that to cure and have them put on PPF.
^You should have your vehicle polished to perfection, then have the clear bra applied, then have the coating applied. It is possible that if a coating is applied beneath the clear bra, there may be issues in the future. While the chances of this are slim, it is still a risk that you should try to avoid if possible, however I cannot stress how important it is to have your paint properly polished before clear bra installation. Any surface defects in the paint will be trapped beneath the clear bra.

Last edited by zmcgovern4; 12-03-13 at 06:57 AM.
Old 12-03-13, 04:56 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by zmcgovern4
^You should have your vehicle polished to perfection, then have the clear bra applied, then have the coating applied. It is possible that if a coating is applied beneath the clear bra, there may be issues in the future. While the chances of this are slim, it is still a risk that you should try to avoid if possible, however I cannot stress how important it is to have your paint properly polished before clear bra installation. Any surface defects in the paint will be trapped beneath the clear bra.
If think that would be a very good option if I was doing all the work with single installer but since I'm working with multiple installer for PPF and Coating cost will be more than I want to spend with this approach.

I still haven't ruled out trying to do the detailing on my own with Opti-Coat 2 but it definitely isn't ideal situation.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Clear Bra & Detailing Price Quote