IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

NO tires at the dealership

Old 08-26-13, 05:27 PM
LEX430SC
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Default NO tires at the dealership

We own the IS350 Fsport, and love the car. Just a couple of days ago, the tire pressure gauge came on, and sure it enough...nail stuck in the passenger rear tire.

Took it in to Lexus thinking it can get plug-up, and it would be a quick fix. Turn out, the nail was too close to the side and I would have to purchase a new tire. I was ok with that, however Orange Park Lexus did not have the tire in stock!!! Really!!! C'mon Lexus. A brand new car and the Lexus dealer does not have the tire in stock!!!!!! They don't even know how long it would take them to order the tire.

I was very disappointed. What do you guys think>
Old 08-26-13, 05:31 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

I had to have them order my touch up paint as they didn't have it in stock for my color, so not surprising considering it's a new model. Even other folks asking for car mats, the dealers don't have. It's just the way it is.

If you will have to wait, I'd suggest tirerack.com and save a few bucks. What tire do you have?
Old 08-26-13, 05:49 PM
LEX430SC
Driver

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
I had to have them order my touch up paint as they didn't have it in stock for my color, so not surprising considering it's a new model. Even other folks asking for car mats, the dealers don't have. It's just the way it is.

If you will have to wait, I'd suggest tirerack.com and save a few bucks. What tire do you have?
I think I checked out TireRack, but they don't carry IS350 RWD tire size.
Old 08-26-13, 05:58 PM
chrisp1
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

ran into this issue with my wifes 2012 impreza. dealer had to get the tire and tire rack didnt have it in stock either
Old 08-26-13, 06:03 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Originally Posted by tpolonyi
I think I checked out TireRack, but they don't carry IS350 RWD tire size.
They do carry 255/35/18, but not all Bridgestones like the ER33 if that's what you have

I checked discount tire and a few other online sites including Ebay, and nowhere to be found.

Can you confirm you have the Turanza ER33?
Old 08-26-13, 06:07 PM
LEX430SC
Driver

They do carry 255/35/18, but not all Bridgestones like the ER33 if that's what you have

I checked discount tire and a few other online sites including Ebay, and nowhere to be found.

Yep, thats the one
Old 08-26-13, 06:12 PM
Alant514
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We own the IS350 Fsport, and love the car. Just a couple of days ago, the tire pressure gauge came on, and sure it enough...nail stuck in the passenger rear tire.

Took it in to Lexus thinking it can get plug-up, and it would be a quick fix. Turn out, the nail was too close to the side and I would have to purchase a new tire. I was ok with that, however Orange Park Lexus did not have the tire in stock!!! Really!!! C'mon Lexus. A brand new car and the Lexus dealer does not have the tire in stock!!!!!! They don't even know how long it would take them to order the tire.

I was very disappointed. What do you guys think>
I had the same problem, they didn't have my tire either at the dealership. but my tire was bad I had this metal piece stuck into my tire. I was so pissed
Attached Thumbnails NO tires at the dealership-dsc_0273sdfsdf.jpg  
Old 08-26-13, 06:15 PM
Alant514
Driver

They didn't have it at discount tires and the dealership, I had to get mine special ordered. And when the tire came in, they ordered the wrong size. 255/40 is what they ordered, supposed to be 35. Now I have to wait another few days because they don't have it in there system so they have to call bridgestone and try to find it.
Old 08-26-13, 06:20 PM
LEX430SC
Driver

Originally Posted by Alant514
They didn't have it at discount tires and the dealership, I had to get mine special ordered. And when the tire came in, they ordered the wrong size. 255/40 is what they ordered, supposed to be 35. Now I have to wait another few days because they don't have it in there system so they have to call bridgestone and try to find it.

Really!!!! WOW...what happened to attention to details! Seems like the Lexus dealer aren't as sharp as they use to. I hope thats not the case.
Old 08-26-13, 06:23 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Yep, thats the one
That's what I thought and unfortunately, only the 40-series are to be found anywhere I checked online. So to be clear, this is a supplier (Bridgestone) issue to its vendors/partners versus Lexus' fault.

Did the dealer provide you a lead time on the tire order and can you wait for it?

If not, you may have no choice but buy another model and I'd stick with either of these two Bridgestone tires at about 180$, which are superior to the ER33s. In the interim, have the dealer order or wait for the ER33 to be available to the public. Then put back the ER33 on your rim and keep the one you bought on tirerack as a spare.

If you really are up to it, change all four ER33s (again very poor tire), and buy either of the highly-rated Potenzas for about 800$ for all four. You'll also get at least double the wear (340 or 280 vs 140)

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes

Last edited by corradoMR2; 08-26-13 at 06:34 PM.
Old 08-26-13, 06:36 PM
LEX430SC
Driver

That's what I thought and unfortunately, only the 40-series are to be found anywhere I checked online. So to be clear, this is a supplier (Bridgestone) issue to its vendors/partners versus Lexus' fault.

Did the dealer provide you a lead time on the tire order and can you wait for it?

If not, you may have no choice but buy another model and I'd stick with either of these two Bridgestone tires at about 180$, which are superior to the ER33s. In the interim, have the dealer order or wait for the ER33 to be available to the public. Then put back the ER33 on your rim and keep the one you bought on tirerack as a spare.

If you really are up to it, change all four ER33s (again very poor tire), and buy either of the highly-rated Potenzas for about 800$ for all four. You'll also get at least double the wear (340 or 280 vs 140)

I would love to get a whole new set. I just don't have that kind of cash to cough up right now for all 4 tires. I guess I will just have to wait, and hope Lexus will order me the right tire size.

By the way, which one would you prefer? RE760 or S-04?
Old 08-26-13, 06:54 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

I would love to get a whole new set. I just don't have that kind of cash to cough up right now for all 4 tires. I guess I will just have to wait, and hope Lexus will order me the right tire size.

By the way, which one would you prefer? RE760 or S-04?
For me, treadwear is my top criteria for selection since tires are not cheap, then I factor in performance/comfort. With that said, I'd go for the RE760 (UTQG 340).

A ballpark tire logevity is about 10k miles per every 100 rating under normal driving. So plan on replacing the the ER33s at about only 14k miles and the RE760 ~34k miles.

Good luck
Old 08-27-13, 03:15 AM
Scnoob
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh geez. I just bought the road hazard road hazard warranty at Discount Tire for these tires and paid $155. The dealership wanted $500 for the wheels and tires. Forget that....
Old 08-27-13, 06:21 AM
LEX430SC
Driver

Originally Posted by Scnoob
Oh geez. I just bought the road hazard road hazard warranty at Discount Tire for these tires and paid $155. The dealership wanted $500 for the wheels and tires. Forget that....
so they had our tires available at Discount Tire?
Old 08-27-13, 06:57 AM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

so they had our tires available at Discount Tire?
Probably like all the other tire shops, they have everything in their system. But they have to order it! Still cheaper than the stealership!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: NO tires at the dealership