IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

NO tires at the dealership

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-13, 08:16 AM
Timmah
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Usually it is a day or two turnaround to get tires TOPS. (I use to work at a dealership). Plus the Tire warranty for 500 covers subsuquent tires as well vs. Discount Tire you have to rebuy for the next set. Also the Roadhazard from the dealership will pay for a loaner car while your waiting on your tire(s)

Maybe the vendors that ship to your region is not having them in stock yet. Plus Stealerships tend to price match to earn your business.
Old 08-27-13, 08:44 AM
moose66
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Timmah
Usually it is a day or two turnaround to get tires TOPS. (I use to work at a dealership). Plus the Tire warranty for 500 covers subsuquent tires as well vs. Discount Tire you have to rebuy for the next set. Also the Roadhazard from the dealership will pay for a loaner car while your waiting on your tire(s)

Maybe the vendors that ship to your region is not having them in stock yet. Plus Stealerships tend to price match to earn your business.
Isn't there an issue at the stealership where they will only put the OEM tires that came on the car as replacements? In other words, if you wanted to slap another brand on the car, they would not do it. I have heard that somewhere. Any truth to that?

Last edited by moose66; 08-27-13 at 08:47 AM.
Old 08-27-13, 12:33 PM
Timmah
Driver

IF you request a brand they will that put that on with no problem. I had customer's when I was at BMW that had Dunlop that wanted to switched to Bridgestones and we did that for them. Plus majority of the dealerships should offer your road hazard on the new tires for 2 years( at lexus).

If you request to put on used tires or something that can be a liability than they will say "no"
Old 08-27-13, 01:17 PM
KeyserS
Rookie

Originally Posted by Alant514
I had the same problem, they didn't have my tire either at the dealership. but my tire was bad I had this metal piece stuck into my tire. I was so pissed
How did you manage to get a piece of metal like that stuck into your sidewall like that? I've never seen anything like that.
Old 08-27-13, 01:54 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Sucks if I was local I could help you out. I essentially have a new set of OEM IS F Sport tires I bought off a member who took his F Sport wheels off and got aftermarkets. They are sitting in the garage now, been meaning to take pics of them and put them on craigslist
Old 08-27-13, 02:21 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Exclamation

Just recently saw another F-Sport sitting in the body shop here in SoCal... "paint & repair work" to the rear area..

It too was waiting for a tire that isn't available yet..

Looks like Bridgestone was too busy supplying the port demands and forgot to save some inventory for dealership & bodyshop replacement parts..

~ Joe Z
Old 08-28-13, 05:31 AM
sarcoptic
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

I feel for you...I called all around looking for a tire and finally found one at a local dealership. Cost was $280 for the tire. I have the Bridgestone Turanza EL400-02 tires on mine...
Old 08-28-13, 05:59 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
For me, treadwear is my top criteria for selection since tires are not cheap, then I factor in performance/comfort. With that said, I'd go for the RE760 (UTQG 340).

A ballpark tire logevity is about 10k miles per every 100 rating under normal driving. So plan on replacing the the ER33s at about only 14k miles and the RE760 ~34k miles.

Good luck
I have a friend of mine who has been using RE760 on his 2IS and he highly praises it. for longevity.

By the way, the treadwear rating can only be used to compare tires of the same brand. If you compare treadwear of different brands, it is getting less accurate. This is what I was told by my tire shop previously.

In any case, EL33 treadwear is not very long lasting. Again my tire shop has a theory that car manufacturers put these tires with shallow treadwear in order to claim a better fuel consumption figure.
Old 08-28-13, 04:08 PM
LEX430SC
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyL
I have a friend of mine who has been using RE760 on his 2IS and he highly praises it. for longevity.

By the way, the treadwear rating can only be used to compare tires of the same brand. If you compare treadwear of different brands, it is getting less accurate. This is what I was told by my tire shop previously.

In any case, EL33 treadwear is not very long lasting. Again my tire shop has a theory that car manufacturers put these tires with shallow treadwear in order to claim a better fuel consumption figure.
Its all good, got a phone call from the dealer. Tire will arrive tomorrow.
Old 08-29-13, 05:51 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

yea I have RE760s on my 2IS now, still have 6-7/32 with 15k miles on them
Old 08-30-13, 08:35 AM
LEX430SC
Driver

update....
I was told Tuesday the tire would come in on Thursday.

Today is Friday -> I haven't heard from the dealers since. How about that? Lexus customer service, ROCKS! lol
Old 08-30-13, 08:45 AM
redraptor
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hope you get your tires and your car back on the road soon. Sucks that this had to happen.
Old 09-07-13, 04:35 AM
LEX430SC
Driver

Update...

Picked up my car yesterday morning at the dealership. They charged me $391 for 1 tire and install. WOW!!!

It was not even a tire from the factory, but a tire that was taken off from another vehicle. Almost $400!!!
C'mon Lexus! It was just unbelievable. Plus I waited for almost two weeks.

Take it from me, STAY AWAY FROM THE DEALERSHIP! Obviously use up the factory warranty since after all its a new car. But other than that, go somewhere else for tires and such that warranty does not cover.
Old 09-07-13, 05:07 AM
Natey2
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

They sold you a used tire from another vehicle for $391?
Old 09-07-13, 05:13 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Natey2
They sold you a used tire from another vehicle for $391?
They probably just swapped one from a new IS on the lot which is fine in my view, but for them to take 2 weeks is unfortunate.

Quick Reply: NO tires at the dealership