IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Interesting Little Details Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-14, 07:39 AM
JCWong
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dolfan13
When I drive with the windows down, air blows into the cabin from the air vents with my climate control off. I previously had a 2004 Honda Accord where this would happen as well but I was able to adjust the temperature of this air by setting my climate control to the coolest setting to get cooler air (even though it was off). With the 3IS, the temperature is always hot so the only way to stop it is to press the button to circulate air flow internally only.
I know what you mean, I do the same especially night cruisings during nice fall weather like now. You just have to turn on the fan momentarily till you are able to change the temperature from HI to LO (I usually set mine to LO or 24 depends on how nice or chilly it is outside), then press "off", your indicator should still work with where you want your air flow (such as face, face and feet, feet only, windshield and feet), works well with moonroof tilted or opened and some windows down. That way you get some nice fresh air in.
Hope that helps!
Old 10-15-14, 03:54 AM
silvaIS
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Back Up Camera

Anyone noticed the quality of the camera different. I had several 2nd gen cars and the camera was awesome. Now it looks so washed out on my screen.I have a 2014, My girl just got a 2015 and her camera looks great. Wondering if its just me.
Old 10-22-14, 06:57 PM
flip2014
Driver School Candidate

Not sure if this is posted but a bit angry. Because of all the IPOD error issues (I have IS350 Fsport (2015)), I went and got a 128g usb, which is working perfectly except for 1 big problem. I have all the mp3 tags correctly labeled showing the track number etc. But when you play a folder, it never plays in the correct order. It starts with track 1, then track 10, then 2, then 20 etc.. It's ignoring the track number altogether and trying to do it by name. For example I have it like this: Is there any fix? Really frustrated with the lack of audio fixes with many problems that ruin the travel with music.

1. Firsttrackname
2. Secondtrackname
etc
Old 10-22-14, 08:39 PM
sdotk
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flip2014
Not sure if this is posted but a bit angry. Because of all the IPOD error issues (I have IS350 Fsport (2015)), I went and got a 128g usb, which is working perfectly except for 1 big problem. I have all the mp3 tags correctly labeled showing the track number etc. But when you play a folder, it never plays in the correct order. It starts with track 1, then track 10, then 2, then 20 etc.. It's ignoring the track number altogether and trying to do it by name. For example I have it like this: Is there any fix? Really frustrated with the lack of audio fixes with many problems that ruin the travel with music.

1. Firsttrackname
2. Secondtrackname
etc
do you have the shuffle un-selected on your nav screen?
Old 10-22-14, 09:37 PM
kmanpete24
Rookie

Originally Posted by flip2014

1. Firsttrackname
2. Secondtrackname
etc
The radio sorts the file like a computer and put the first digit and so on numerically. So for you to play it in order you will have to name your mp3s starting with 01 02 03 ... 10. It all depends on how many files you have. That is why I decided to get an iPhone 6 and use the playlist to stream through Bluetooth ..
Old 10-25-14, 07:03 PM
IS1911
Driver

Several people have remarked about the LED lighting inside the door handles and yes those are cool but even cooler are the two LED's in the wrist rest that frame the remote touch controller ("mouse") perfectly between two small beams of light.
Old 11-02-14, 06:58 AM
Jagstyles
Rookie

Anyone know if the backup camera will start beeping once you get too close to another car or structure? I kind of miss that in my old Audi and not sure if it's on the 2015 Lexus IS 350 w/Navigation package. It hasn't yet beeped and I don't know if that's because I haven't come close enough yet or it just doesn't beep at all.
Old 11-02-14, 07:48 AM
Thetalk
Driver School Candidate

I'm pretty sure it doesn't beep when you get too close. There are no sensors on the back like they have on certain other high end cars for detecting objects proximity.
Old 11-02-14, 07:55 AM
IS1911
Driver

Originally Posted by Jagstyles
Anyone know if the backup camera will start beeping once you get too close to another car or structure? I kind of miss that in my old Audi and not sure if it's on the 2015 Lexus IS 350 w/Navigation package. It hasn't yet beeped and I don't know if that's because I haven't come close enough yet or it just doesn't beep at all.
I believe you need the parking assist option in addition to the backup camera to have the beeping sounds.
Old 11-02-14, 09:50 AM
DreamAce7
Driver School Candidate

^^ What he says.
Old 11-02-14, 10:38 AM
Jagstyles
Rookie

I don't believe the park assist was an option on the F-Sport packages Canada, at least I don't recall seeing it.

Originally Posted by IS1911
I believe you need the parking assist option in addition to the backup camera to have the beeping sounds.
Old 11-02-14, 04:39 PM
enoren
Pole Position

The cross-traffic alert will beep if something moving approaches you while you're in Reverse, but I haven't heard a beep from the rear view camera. So, for example, if you back up to a stationary object and get too close, I don't think it beeps.

To be honest, I've never gotten close enough to something to test the theory, but I've never heard a beep from just backing up to another object.
Old 11-02-14, 05:44 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Backup camera does not have object detection feature unlike some other car like Infiniti Q50, it's a separate feature from parking assist. It will beep for cross traffic alert and sometime mine beeps when a pedestrian crosses by.
Old 11-03-14, 02:21 PM
Spagolli94
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dojoman
Backup camera does not have object detection feature unlike some other car like Infiniti Q50, it's a separate feature from parking assist. It will beep for cross traffic alert and sometime mine beeps when a pedestrian crosses by.
I think that beep might be triggered by the same sensors used for the Blind Spot Monitoring system. Not sure. Mine has BSM and beeps if somebody is approaching as I'm backing out of a parking space.

I was surprised to see that this car doesn't have any LED lights in the ceiling to provide a nice glow to the interior at night.

I was also surprised to learn that I can't adjust the gauge cluster brightness independently of the center stack buttons. I'd like to have my center stack buttons nice and bright/crisp, but then my gauge cluster gets too bright - especially when it's in sport mode. That white ring is blinding and distracting when on a dark mode. This car is so customizable that I'm surprised they linked these two brightness settings together.
Old 11-03-14, 02:36 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by Spagolli94
I think that beep might be triggered by the same sensors used for the Blind Spot Monitoring system. Not sure. Mine has BSM and beeps if somebody is approaching as I'm backing out of a parking space.
Yes, it beeps because of BSM if you car doesn't have parking sensors. Mine beeps for pedestrians but not consistently so I don't depend on BSM to detect pedestrians. It's designed for detecting vehicles cross traffic only. Some cars do have object detection in backup camera, it will even draw a box around the objects on the monitor.

Quick Reply: Interesting Little Details Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)