IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Interesting Little Details Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-13, 06:03 AM
sam82264
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

- This might be a setting, but I hate when I'm on Satellite and I'm on say, channel 2 and I want to go to 3, so I hit the arrows on the dash and for some reason it goes to the next favorite instead of up or down. So it'll go from Hits 1 to AM 570. I'm hoping I just haven't figured that part out yet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For XM / radio channel up/down 1, just turn the right **** on the actual radio controls left or right.

Last edited by sam82264; 10-31-13 at 06:10 AM.
Old 10-31-13, 06:56 AM
Stitch626
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone else discovered the "ECO" setting on their car? I slid over the gauge on my F sport and scrolled over to settings and there It was "ECO" I turned it on and boom I got this on my dash. Even driving in Normal or Sport + mode whenever I'm not flooring it or applying too much gas or even cruising the car shows ECO!! In this case I was in ECO mode on the highway but will post another pic later today when in normal.

*69* giggle
Attached Thumbnails Interesting Little Details Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)-image-1057892673.jpg  
Old 10-31-13, 09:23 AM
cpham4
Driver School Candidate

You're right! The first time I checked the passenger side I didn't notice it. Today I did a better job checking and it was there.

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Good detail and I never even noticed until this post. Well, the non-BSM folks like me have the infamous warning.
Old 10-31-13, 09:40 AM
abcsoup
Driver

Originally Posted by Stitch626
Anyone else discovered the "ECO" setting on their car? I slid over the gauge on my F sport and scrolled over to settings and there It was "ECO" I turned it on and boom I got this on my dash. Even driving in Normal or Sport + mode whenever I'm not flooring it or applying too much gas or even cruising the car shows ECO!! In this case I was in ECO mode on the highway but will post another pic later today when in normal.

*69* giggle
Haha yeah, mine had ECO on when I got it but I had to turn it off. It was distracting me and changing my driving habits (which is the point I guess). Now I just floor it in blissful ignorance!
Old 11-01-13, 11:07 AM
Appleman
Rookie

Doesn't matter what level the heated seats are on, when the car is shutoff and then started up, they default to the highest setting, instead of where it was left. I can understand the logic behind this, but I find it annoying. I park in an underground parking lot. I don't need them on high when I start my car.
Old 11-01-13, 11:36 AM
sloosh
Driver

Originally Posted by Appleman
Doesn't matter what level the heated seats are on, when the car is shutoff and then started up, they default to the highest setting, instead of where it was left. I can understand the logic behind this, but I find it annoying. I park in an underground parking lot. I don't need them on high when I start my car.
Yeah that is a little annoying for me as well. I would actually prefer them to be off when I start the car....especially on the passenger side.
Old 11-02-13, 11:34 AM
John510
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Holy EFF!!! I just had a revelation in my car. This whole time I have been using the mouse to change from Bluetooth to my phone cord and it takes forever. I accidentally pressed mode with my thumb today and found out it changes sources. I feel like a total idiot for not knowing this before.

There is seriously WAAAAY too much technology in cars these days. And they say texting and driving is bad.
Old 11-02-13, 11:38 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by John510
Holy EFF!!! I just had a revelation in my car. This whole time I have been using the mouse to change from Bluetooth to my phone cord and it takes forever. I accidentally pressed mode with my thumb today and found out it changes sources. I feel like a total idiot for not knowing this before.

There is seriously WAAAAY too much technology in cars these days. And they say texting and driving is bad.
Every modern car nowadays have the same button to change sources. You can also change the source by voice command too. Press voice command and then say "iPod" it will change to ipod or say "Bluetooth" for streaming. You can also change sources when fsport gauge is not in center, go to music tab then press center button on the joystig on the right side of steering wheel to select sources, you can even change FM stations that way too. Lots of cool stuff.

Last edited by dojoman; 11-02-13 at 11:41 AM.
Old 11-02-13, 05:22 PM
JerryWest
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by sloosh
Yeah that is a little annoying for me as well. I would actually prefer them to be off when I start the car....especially on the passenger side.

Hmmm -- I haven't used them yet here in CA but mine are off from start up -- I haven't tried turning them on to the smallest setting then turning the car off and on again to see if they light up to the highest setting upon start up.
Old 11-13-13, 05:28 PM
jennypenny
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyL
Are you sure you are referring to the spec of IS in Singapore?

According to Leuxs Singapore web site, IS comes in 3 trims - IS250, IS250 F Sport and IS300h.

http://www.lexus.com.sg/en/models/is...specifications

In Singapore,

front fog light is only available in regular IS. Rear sunshade is not an option for all trims. There is only one package --- luxury package, and it is exclusive to is300h (probably due to higher expected demand there) .

It is not a surprise to see F Sport comes with leather, ventilated and heated seat with memory as standard equipment because of higher price tag and the way Lexus markets the car there. Similar case in Hong Kong (F Sport has similar standard equipment but in IS350 F Sport only. No IS250 or IS300h F Sport)

Finally, LED headlamps are standard in all trims (IS250, IS250 F Sport and IS300h).
I bought my IS in Singapore....... Their site allows limited customisation, however, you can at the dealers.

I did pay USD$270,000 for my car.
Old 11-13-13, 09:33 PM
Slash300zx
Instructor

Received 107 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by jennypenny
I bought my IS in Singapore....... Their site allows limited customisation, however, you can at the dealers.

I did pay USD$270,000 for my car.
What?!??!?? $270, 000? Did I miss something?
Old 11-13-13, 10:39 PM
abcsoup
Driver

Originally Posted by Slash300zx
those are some uber taxes!
Old 11-14-13, 01:12 AM
jennypenny
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Slash300zx
in Singapore, the government doesnt want their people to drive cars so that levy extremely high taxes on the cars.

so yea, to get the car on the road, its around US$270,000.
Old 11-14-13, 03:52 AM
KaShiDC
Rookie

It's especially annoying because it does not take a person to turn it on. I have been in a hurry and had mine turned on by the dog, a laptop bag, and groceries. Worse the dog (at under 50 pounds) weighs enough to make the seatbelt sensor buzz.
Old 11-14-13, 04:47 PM
semoquer
Rookie

Originally Posted by jennypenny
in Singapore, the government doesnt want their people to drive cars so that levy extremely high taxes on the cars.

so yea, to get the car on the road, its around US$270,000.
The cost of yours/Singapore residents "Certificate of entitlement" is ridiculous! The cert itself is worth as much as a super car...

Quick Reply: Interesting Little Details Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)