IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Interesting Little Details Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-14, 06:40 AM
c3po33
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rsnic
I don't know if its been said, but today i found out that if you turn the car off while in drive it will keep the car in accessory mode, so you'll still be able to charge your phone/listen to music even though the engine is off.
With my previous Infiniti's I would just double click on the Start/Stop button while in Park and accessory mode would stay on and the engine would turned off, that was actually a pretty cool feature I found out about in the forums. You have to do it just right though. Don’t know if the new Q50 still has this feature?
Old 05-27-14, 12:46 PM
MXHXR
Driver School Candidate

Can't wait to try this.
Old 06-30-14, 09:47 AM
cFoo
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but if you take fast and hard corners, the seat belt will lock up and the light blinks on the dash. Once the car straighten out, the belt will loosen itself and the light goes away. It's pretty handy if you forget to yank-lock your belt during autox.
Old 08-04-14, 08:30 PM
dolfan13
Driver School Candidate

I often have to dial into conference calls while driving in the morning and the lack of a 'mute' button on the steering wheel is a bit of an annoyance. I just got my 350 F Sport so I don't feel adept enough to be fiddling with the mouse while driving to hit mute. This is my first Lexus so not sure if this is normal?
Old 08-04-14, 09:14 PM
RoiteTrom
Pole Position

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dolfan13
I often have to dial into conference calls while driving in the morning and the lack of a 'mute' button on the steering wheel is a bit of an annoyance. I just got my 350 F Sport so I don't feel adept enough to be fiddling with the mouse while driving to hit mute. This is my first Lexus so not sure if this is normal?
try holding down the "mode" button to mute? on the left-hand side of the steering wheel.
Old 08-05-14, 05:34 PM
kbbean08
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Don't know if everybody knew this and this is the first time I had HD radio on my car. But with the HD radio. If a station is broadcasting in HD, a lot of stations will actually have multiple channels of HD broadcast. For example, 102.7 might have HD1 and HD2 playing different music, using the right scroll ****, you can switch to the other HD channel. Comes in useful if you don't want to listen to commercials or things like that.
Old 08-07-14, 04:11 AM
dolfan13
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RoiteTrom
try holding down the "mode" button to mute? on the left-hand side of the steering wheel.
Unfortunately holding down "mode" didn't work in muting the phone. Does this work for you?
Old 08-08-14, 03:49 PM
IS3Fguy
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JL25
Nothing to do with the car, but I found in the glove box 2 Lexus F key gloves. Did everyone get a pair of these? Had my car for two weeks and I just found them hiding. lol.
Really? How about Canadian car? Are we supposed to get a pair as well?
Old 08-08-14, 05:54 PM
carderoni
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Key gloves and things like F-Sport pens or key chains are dealership accessories and are totally up to them when it comes to what is included with a new car purchase. My first 3IS came with one glove and a pen that I asked for. My second came with two gloves, door guards, and another pen I insisted on.
Old 08-08-14, 06:21 PM
Tai3IS
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok......I didn't feel like going through all 34 pages of this thread. So I apologize in advance if this has been covered already.

Just noticed that the radio in my 2014 IS250 F Sport w/ NAV remembers the volume setting for each audio source. For example, if I'm listening FM radio and have the volume at 15, then I switch over to satellite and turn it up to 25....when I switch back to FM radio....it'll still be on 15. Go back to satellite and it'll still be on 25.

Hope that made sense. Really cool little feature.

Go give it a try.
Old 08-09-14, 08:59 AM
dolfan13
Driver School Candidate

When I drive with the windows down, air blows into the cabin from the air vents with my climate control off. I previously had a 2004 Honda Accord where this would happen as well but I was able to adjust the temperature of this air by setting my climate control to the coolest setting to get cooler air (even though it was off). With the 3IS, the temperature is always hot so the only way to stop it is to press the button to circulate air flow internally only.
Old 08-11-14, 02:17 PM
sdotk
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kbbean08
Don't know if everybody knew this and this is the first time I had HD radio on my car. But with the HD radio. If a station is broadcasting in HD, a lot of stations will actually have multiple channels of HD broadcast. For example, 102.7 might have HD1 and HD2 playing different music, using the right scroll ****, you can switch to the other HD channel. Comes in useful if you don't want to listen to commercials or things like that.
I could not figure out how to do this when i was cruising this past weekend.
Old 08-11-14, 02:57 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by sdotk
I could not figure out how to do this when i was cruising this past weekend.
Click on HD logo on radio screen. It's hard to see it, just next to station name. It will show numbers 1,2,3 if there are simulcast streams. If there are no other stream you cannot click on it.
Old 08-11-14, 03:42 PM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It just stops playing for me when I change from HD "1" to HD "2".
Old 08-11-14, 05:12 PM
sdotk
Pole Position

Clicking on the HD logo just switches it from HD to non HD

Quick Reply: Interesting Little Details Discoveries Thread (Good or Bad)