Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Third Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Audio not displaying MP3 cover? I did something wrong.

Old 08-15-13, 11:05 PM   #1
doctorttt
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)

Default Audio not displaying MP3 cover? I did something wrong.

I know that I'm doing something improperly. All my MP3s on the dvd disc have covers embedded, but they're not showing up on the screen. I already made sure that the cover setting is set to ON. Does anyone have a clue what's going on?
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!

GONE - 2006 IS350. Matador Red Mica. Black Interior. Sports. Nav. with Venture Guard clear bra. PIAA Ion Yellow fog bulbs
doctorttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-13, 05:28 PM   #2
doctorttt
Lead Lap

Does anyone have a clue? I moved the MP3's from the dvd disc to a USB thumb drive, and the problem persists. I discovered another weird thing. I was playing Backstreet Boys' new album (lol, please don't laugh) and I'm certain that each MP3 has the album cover imbedded; however, the system was displaying a different cover, as if it downloaded something from the web.

GONE - 2006 IS350. Matador Red Mica. Black Interior. Sports. Nav. with Venture Guard clear bra. PIAA Ion Yellow fog bulbs
Old 08-19-13, 07:19 PM   #3
dojoman
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (5)

You must be doing something wrong at your end as I can see artwork from USB drive. Open up your files in iTunes to see if they show up. All my mp3 from iTunes all show up, I didn't have to do anything.
dojoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-13, 09:47 PM   #4
JLex23
Rookie

If you have the gracenote covers on, it will display web images of the artist instead of the actual cover art. Once you turn the gracenote covers off, it will display properly. I'm not sure what menu it is in but if you dig thru the audio menus you will find it.
JLex23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-13, 02:00 AM   #5
jhs82
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorttt View Post
Does anyone have a clue? I moved the MP3's from the dvd disc to a USB thumb drive, and the problem persists. I discovered another weird thing. I was playing Backstreet Boys' new album (lol, please don't laugh) and I'm certain that each MP3 has the album cover imbedded; however, the system was displaying a different cover, as if it downloaded something from the web.
Your car is allergic to BSB! (Had to be done )
jhs82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-13, 03:09 PM   #6
doctorttt
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLex23 View Post
If you have the gracenote covers on, it will display web images of the artist instead of the actual cover art. Once you turn the gracenote covers off, it will display properly. I'm not sure what menu it is in but if you dig thru the audio menus you will find it.
Yes, I did see the "gracenote" logo once in awhile. I will check to see how to turn this thing off.

Old 07-14-14, 09:35 AM   #7
friedmike
Driver School Candidate

Default gracenote issues

did you ever fix your gracenote issue? i have 2014 is250 and have turned off gracenote cover art for usb and it still shows stupid gracenote images instead of my cover art, except on one or two files. any help would be greatly appreciated.
friedmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-14, 04:27 PM   #8
sunnyx213
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by friedmike View Post
did you ever fix your gracenote issue? i have 2014 is250 and have turned off gracenote cover art for usb and it still shows stupid gracenote images instead of my cover art, except on one or two files. any help would be greatly appreciated.
im having the same issue.
sunnyx213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-14, 05:12 PM   #9
dojoman
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (5)

Change your album artwork resolution to 40x40 pixels or smaller. You would have to change this in some kind of photo editing tool like Photoshop or in Mac you can do the same in Preview app.
dojoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-14, 03:19 PM   #10
friedmike
Driver School Candidate

thought i'd post an update on the gracenote issue. i used ID3 to manually edit all the mp3 tags. i removed all embedded images and added new ones. i've added all 100x100 pixel images and they all work. however, because the image window is larger than 100x100, they all get fairly blurry and pixelated when resized in the nav display.

however - they do work. so now, for any new music that isn't part of the gracenote database as of yet, i can view covert art instead of the terrible images of band members.

however #2 - this process is painful. stripping out the tags and re-adding them for 30 songs, including resizing all images took a good 45 minutes. doing this every time you add or change mp3s is not practical. i'm looking to see if there is a setting in itunes or in some other media player to automatically export cover art in a certain size. i'm also going to try and add images at 120x120 or perhaps larger to remedy the blurriness issue. more to come.
friedmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-14, 03:19 PM