IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Tire patched and dealer demolished my f sport rim :(

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-13, 06:59 AM
Fsportlex
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by panyo64
Wow. I had my 2010 RX350 and 2011 IS350 AWD at Massapequa for service for 3 years. They always did right by me. One of their techs scuffed the driver's side bolster on the IS that I didn't see until after I got home. I brought it back and they took the car immediately to their upholsterer to replace the panel on the seat cover, no questions asked.

Granted, that was a couple of years ago. Things may have changed. The service department I knew would have sent the wheel immediately to Wheel Fix It when I pointed out the problem. Shame when the places you trust let you down.

They are good with the work they do I beleive but like you said they did send it to wheel fix it and they couldnt get the color right at all .....I got my new wheel and Im happy now ill just be extra caustious when taking it to this place...

And now they ALL know me lol so they will be sure to take care of my car next time around..i'll give thema second chance or third why not im a good guy lol
Old 08-29-13, 07:01 AM
Fsportlex
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KeyserS
It is in situations such as this that Internet forums yield their real potential. All of the semi-useful advice on how to do this mod or that maintenance, etc., is helpful, but the sum value of all of that is nothing in comparison to the value that results from the fact that when a dealer screws up and tries to screw you over an accuses you of lying, you have a way here to let the whole world know about. As soon as they see this kind of thing on line, they very quickly begin to behave in the way they would have in the first place, had they been a fully reputable dealership.

Most of us now have an older digital camera lying around somewhere, that we have since replaced with a newer and better camera, and don't use anymore. I think it can be very handy to keep a camera of that sort in the car, assuming that you remember to charge the battery occasionally. This way, when you take the car into have anything done, you can snap a few pictures of the wheels, the scuff plates, the interior, and any other part that the service techs are likely to come in contact with. Then what you do, when you arrive at the service desk, is have the camera with you, and you show the service writer a few of the pictures that you have just taken. You can be reasonably certain that if you do that, the service writer is going to jot down notes and likely even make a quick run into the shop to tell the techs to take extra care with the car.

I have had wheels damaged before and have been through the business of "wheel repair". If ever I were presented with that again, my response would be okay but only if there are willing to agree in writing that if there is any evidence of wheel damage after the repair they will replace the wheel, and if the wheel doesn't match the others, they will replace the wheel, or else repaint (for a painted wheel) all four wheels. I've never had polished wheels, but the issue with polishing is that it is next to impossible to polish anything to match exactly the way it was polished originally, unless perhaps you are talking about a perfect mirror polish, which is rare.

AMEN

They need to see how people really feel to change anything they do and behave in the proper way or they will loose serious business

Old 08-29-13, 09:12 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,819 Posts

At least all is well that ends well!