Tire patched and dealer demolished my f sport rim :(

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-13, 09:42 PM
Fsportlex
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SW13GS
That sucks...

If the car had 10k+ miles on it that would be one thing, but since its BRAND new they should replace the wheel IMHO.
Originally Posted by SexyElaine
I'd have to agree with this and like the others regarding requesting ummmm nope demanding a new wheel. Mistakes happens but this is more being " incompetent " IMHO which is soooo unacceptable !?!?!? I'd call corporate if they insist on the wheel doctor wtf ???
Originally Posted by SW13GS
Right, they treated his vehicle with so little care they damaged the rim while using their tools. Especially with what Lexus charges for labor...I don't think its unreasonable to expect they won't beat the ***** out of my car with their tools. Its not an Exxon station. Even at an Exxon station, there's just no excuse for that.

They want $130 an hour to treat a car like that?!?! Please.

Charged me $43 bucks to patch and tire and oh yeah....Destroy my rim lol...I wrote a letter to corporate not because of the rim but because it really pissed me off when the manager said to me "my tech said that damage was already there" "He noticed it when he started working on the tire".....

To destroy my rim is one thing....but to call me a liar blatantly now thats another

I wrote lex directly and lets see what happens because i really dont want to deal with people like that
Old 08-15-13, 10:01 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Terrible...let us know how it turns out.
Old 08-16-13, 01:57 AM
RA040224
Driver

I had to get my wheel plugged aswell, but the guy who fixed it (not lexus dealer, specialized tire shop) was super careful. Not a scratch on the rim.

I'd be quite angry too, if he'd damaged the rim like that.
Old 08-16-13, 04:18 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
It's too bad the ding is there. Maybe I'm too level-headed when it comes to these things, but to show that you're being reasonable about the situation, let them repair it as they said and if there's the slightest blemish or color mis-match, let the evidence speak for itself and demand the wheel replacement then. You'll have less resistance then IMO.
Exactly what im doing corradoMR2. Mine is completely the wrong colour. Im getting them to paint it and even if its a slight tint wrong, ill demand a replacement
Old 08-16-13, 04:45 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by rayaans
Exactly what im doing corradoMR2. Mine is completely the wrong colour. Im getting them to paint it and even if its a slight tint wrong, ill demand a replacement
Wow, the saga continues for you rayaans? Hopefully you'll have closure on this soon.
Old 08-17-13, 09:56 AM
Fsportlex
Driver

Got a response from lexus corporate and it only took them 8 hours to respond. Now thats service!! I will post up what they wrote back to me and see where this goes.......
Old 08-17-13, 10:51 AM
flippd
Driver

Originally Posted by Fsportlex
Got a response from lexus corporate and it only took them 8 hours to respond. Now thats service!! I will post up what they wrote back to me and see where this goes.......
How do you guys get in touch with corporate?
Old 08-17-13, 11:16 AM
TheDonster
Rookie

Originally Posted by flippd
How do you guys get in touch with corporate?
I'd like to know the same
Old 08-17-13, 04:37 PM
Fsportlex
Driver

http://www.lexus.com/contact/

Click the email link

fill out from and under drop down menu click "i need help regarding a vehicle" or "i would like to tell you about my dealer"

then fill out the form VIN number etc contact info and someone will email you back

you can write your problem in the box below and honestly someone got back to me in 8 hours very quick and they were very apologetic and are going to call dealer on monday and call me on monday as well.
Old 08-17-13, 04:39 PM
Fsportlex
Driver

Recently you submitted a question to the Lexus Customer Satisfaction Department.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Subject
Damaged Rim during flat repair

Discussion Thread
Response Via Email (Yosuke Yazawa) 08/16/2013 05:01 PM
Dear Mr. Maz,

Thank you for contacting the Lexus Customer Satisfaction Department.

I deeply apologize for the experience you had at the dealership. We would like to further assist you regarding towards the situation. Unfortunately, I cannot pull up your account using the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) you provided me with. Usually Lexus VIN starts with either a "J" or a "2". Once you have the VIN again, please reply back with the VIN, verification of your home address, and the best phone number to reach you at. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

If you require further assistance, please respond to this e-mail, or contact Lexus Customer Satisfaction at 1-800-255-3987, Monday through Friday, 5:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M., or Saturday, 7:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M., Pacific Time.

Sincerely,

Yosuke Yazawa
Lexus Customer Satisfaction

******(I gave them the VIN off my gieco card and somehow its different than the car lol so I resent it and they called me and going to deal with the service center on monday. I cant wait to see what happens)
Old 08-17-13, 07:16 PM
flippd
Driver

Originally Posted by Fsportlex
Recently you submitted a question to the Lexus Customer Satisfaction Department.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

Subject
Damaged Rim during flat repair

Discussion Thread
Response Via Email (Yosuke Yazawa) 08/16/2013 05:01 PM
Dear Mr. Maz,

Thank you for contacting the Lexus Customer Satisfaction Department.

I deeply apologize for the experience you had at the dealership. We would like to further assist you regarding towards the situation. Unfortunately, I cannot pull up your account using the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) you provided me with. Usually Lexus VIN starts with either a "J" or a "2". Once you have the VIN again, please reply back with the VIN, verification of your home address, and the best phone number to reach you at. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

If you require further assistance, please respond to this e-mail, or contact Lexus Customer Satisfaction at 1-800-255-3987, Monday through Friday, 5:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M., or Saturday, 7:00 A.M. to 4:00 P.M., Pacific Time.

Sincerely,

Yosuke Yazawa
Lexus Customer Satisfaction

******(I gave them the VIN off my gieco card and somehow its different than the car lol so I resent it and they called me and going to deal with the service center on monday. I cant wait to see what happens)
Better get that GEICO VIN changed then, lest they deny any future claims
Old 08-17-13, 09:12 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

You always have to check VIN's on insurance papers and title visually with your car's VIN, mistakes can happen. Back in the 1970's I bought a brand new Ford Mustang and drove it home. For some reason I took my paperwork and compared the VIN's and found there was one digit wrong. I called the dealer who told me to stay where I was and they sent a guy out to my house with a new set of papers to sign, so you want to make sure all numbers are correct.

I too would demand a brand new wheel....they effed it up, they need to put a new one on.
Old 08-18-13, 08:27 AM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
It's too bad the ding is there. Maybe I'm too level-headed when it comes to these things, but to show that you're being reasonable about the situation, let them repair it as they said and if there's the slightest blemish or color mis-match, let the evidence speak for itself and demand the wheel replacement then. You'll have less resistance then IMO.

You are not too level headed. This is simply the best way to approach this situation.
Old 08-20-13, 07:59 PM
Fsportlex
Driver

So I let them try and repair the rim and have it re done ....go to get my car today and the rim is a totally different color and doesn't match .....so I drive home bc maybe I say it may be bc the other rims are dirty ...not the case ...so I look closer and notice I'm missing a lug nut ...upon closer inspection I see that who ever put the rim on sheered off completely ....

So pissed off can't believe a service center that already has a problem with you can give my car back like this ...the guy tighten the bolt so hard it snapped the lug but rod off completely ......so now have to go back tomorrow morning and they are now going to give me a new rim and fix the bolt

I have never seen such disregard for a vehicle and let alone a customer that pays you pod money for their product

It's pure peasantry
Old 08-20-13, 08:25 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

Terrible...hopefully they don't screw up the new rim when they mount it...

Quick Reply: Tire patched and dealer demolished my f sport rim :(