Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

1st custom painted 3is fsport

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-13, 01:41 PM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by copedesign
Lol alot of the guys on here are just hatere lol those that say the negative comments I see the car they have and say wow this coming froma guy with*basically a stock car with wheels and spiolers not much creativity or original design. Building a custom car is do something that breaks the moldnot buy parts off line and bolt them on. Those guys cant afford a paint job thats why you see all this vinyl wrap and worst of all plasti dip crap. Now how are you gonna compare these cars to hondas? But agsin I made the poll and asked for your opinion. I knew we were gonna get a few haters but ? Lol as far as design both these cars will be at sema2013 so I must have did something right. And to if you look at my companies work you will see I won best truck in show at sema in 2010 1st time out. Cant think of many people that have done that.

You guys are gonna hate what im doing to my is-f now wide body rear 22x15 in rear and 20x12 in front and lowered but not bagged and my twin turbo kit were building with nelson motorsports.

Those that like the design thank you.
So everyone who likes the car is cool and everyone who doesnt is a "hater"?

Some of us simply do not like what you did to those cars. And from your "creative" lineup on your FB, it seems that you have the same theme regardless of the car. You paint the trunk, hood, and roof the same color. And instead of simply painting the entire hood, you do the same thing where you start at the top and V-shape your way down to the grill. You did on the ISF(hood only), on the Camry and on the 3IS you missed the lines on the grill. I guess I'm missing the "creative" part. Instead of taking the comments (which you asked for) in a constructive way, you criticize the them and the people behind those comments.

I saw your 1950 chevy truck. Its nice. Cool paint scheme and CHROME EVERYWHERE. But I would never take my import to a shop that has won an award for a non-import. I think you like restoration (and did a nice job on the chevy) and you like imports.....and when you personally combine the two passions, its just not working. Not with those examples anyway. Especially the ISF. Red hood/grill/emblem? =/

You do have a nice corvette in your pictures. blue and silver with some yellow highlights? I assume it was designed by your shop because you tagged the photo with your insignia?

I also saw an Altima with the same pattern as your cars in this post. I'm guessing that was your work too. So like my previous comment pointed to, I think you might have a niche for a specific demographic but I'm not a part of that demographic. And it looks like 65% of people who voted on this post are not either. Sorry.

Good luck.
Old 08-08-13, 02:04 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by John510
I guess Ill see them at SEMA. My camaro should be there.
See you there... and it will be super relevant to this forum
copedesign, please understand when you post pics up, its open game. This forum is rather mild to others FYI. I can appreciate you being one of the first to mod.

Originally Posted by bob4256
Theres a difference between creativity/design and butchering a cars appearance, but hey thats just me.

I always find it funny how people question others as to why they "hate" when you originally posted on a forum board asking for our opinions. And I never knew that painting body parts made it a "custom car."

The reason why the people who are "hating" compare them to a Honda is because you dont normally see a Lexus with a difference colored hood. I mainly see them on Hondas
Maybe used for inspiration

Old 08-08-13, 02:12 PM
juvi22003
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Its funny you ask for people's opinion but the ones that dont like it are haters, my 3IS might be stock now because of limited opportunities for modification but the guys who know me here know of my 2IS not reason to be hating.
What does your own Poll say
11.63% - hell yes
20.93% - its ok
67.44% - NOT AT ALL
Old 08-08-13, 02:18 PM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Blueprint
See you there... and it will be super relevant to this forum
copedesign, please understand when you post pics up, its open game. This forum is rather mild to others FYI. I can appreciate you being one of the first to mod.

Maybe used for inspiration

This forum is much better at dealing with the "issue" and not the person. Not that his car is an issue but the comments are about the car(s) and not about him which is what it should be.

all the best of luck to him.
Old 08-08-13, 10:00 PM
Optochu
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont think it looks as bad as others are saying, it looks interesting, but i think you need a much more aggressive other parts to pull this look off. for being unique and brave.

but i probably wouldn't do this to my car i like the clean stock look
Old 08-09-13, 10:49 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 288 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Optochu
i dont think it looks as bad as others are saying, it looks interesting, but i think you need a much more aggressive other parts to pull this look off. for being unique and brave.

but i probably wouldn't do this to my car i like the clean stock look
This is my sentiment as well and hence the "ok" vote.
Old 08-09-13, 12:01 PM
TooFly4Ya
Pole Position

Props for being one of the 1st with the custom paint job on the 3IS. Def a head turner.
Old 08-09-13, 08:41 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Great for a pace car. For an everyday driver, not so much.
Old 08-11-13, 10:29 AM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was expecting a full custom paint job. Come back when you do a color change, so it can be 'dubbed' the first 3IS with custom paint. Not custom hood, roof, and trunk painted black.
Old 08-11-13, 11:11 AM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

not my style, definitely don't like the B&R but the W&B i can live with.
Old 08-11-13, 01:34 PM
GeorgeHill
Driver School Candidate

Looks like crap to be honest... but whatever floats your boat. Next time save some $$$ and just grab a Honda Civic or a Hyundai... I think it suits your style better than a Lexus or any other luxury brand.