IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Lexus Enform / Mobile App for IS

Old 08-06-13, 12:17 PM
WhiteISWay
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Question Lexus Enform / Mobile App for IS

Am I missing anything by not setting up either one? I don't plan to subscribe to it after the free trial expires.

Does anyone know of useful features besides internet radio?
Old 08-06-13, 12:20 PM
John510
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not missing anything. I prefer using the Bluetooth method since it links it to the steering wheel. I couldnt get the inform app to link to my steering wheel.
Old 08-06-13, 01:06 PM
offroad200
Instructor

Received 160 Likes on 119 Posts

Latest I heard was the app suite would be free for the life of the car on the 2014 IS.
Old 08-06-13, 03:19 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

I don't think Enform is free. Only the traffic and weather is free. App suites required monthly subscription.
Old 08-06-13, 05:51 PM
JerryWest
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I have Pandora and iHeartradio working just fine -
Old 08-07-13, 08:19 AM
offroad200
Instructor

Originally Posted by dojoman
I don't think Enform is free. Only the traffic and weather is free. App suites required monthly subscription.
The App suite is free as well as the traffic and weather. Not the entire Enform with safety connect package (which is free for a year), just the app suite portion. It will be free for the life of the car.
Old 08-07-13, 09:33 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by offroad200

The App suite is free as well as the traffic and weather. Not the entire Enform with safety connect package (which is free for a year), just the app suite portion. It will be free for the life of the car.
Are you sure? Lexusenformappsuite.com shows only Sports, Fuel Prices, and Stocks apps are free along with Traffic and Weather. Pandora and iheartradio are subscription based.
Old 08-07-13, 11:19 AM
Dark9t316
Lead Lap

Are you sure? Lexusenformappsuite.com shows only Sports, Fuel Prices, and Stocks apps are free along with Traffic and Weather. Pandora and iheartradio are subscription based.
dojoman is correct. I personally love Pandora, but am surprised to learn that it is part of the crappy Enform subscription. I can't believe they want to charge $130/year for Enform, even the Honda Accord allows Pandora to be controlled for free.
Old 08-07-13, 11:21 AM
offroad200
Instructor

Yes I'm sure. I'm a LTS at a Lexus dealership. Lexus has told us on several occasions that the app suite will be free on the 2014 IS. We had another little training session this morning and it was mentioned again. They may not have updated the website yet because 2013 models with the GEN 7 system isn't included in that. Though that may change.
Old 08-07-13, 11:37 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Yes I'm sure. I'm a LTS at a Lexus dealership. Lexus has told us on several occasions that the app suite will be free on the 2014 IS. We had another little training session this morning and it was mentioned again. They may not have updated the website yet because 2013 models with the GEN 7 system isn't included in that. Though that may change.
That's great. I like the app suite a lot if it weren't for some connectivity issue sometime but nothing is better than free.

Is eDestination also free?

Last edited by dojoman; 08-07-13 at 11:40 AM.
Old 08-07-13, 11:41 AM
John510
Lead Lap

It's free to do Pandora through Bluetooth. No need for enform.
Old 08-07-13, 11:56 AM
offroad200
Instructor

I don't believe edestination will be free. I think that will be part of the Enform package. I will try to get more info on that.

Yes you can stream Pandora through bluetooth, but it's nice to be able to control it through the car.
Old 08-07-13, 12:09 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by John510
It's free to do Pandora through Bluetooth. No need for enform.
But with Enform you can add stations with voice command.
Old 08-07-13, 12:12 PM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't believe edestination will be free. I think that will be part of the Enform package. I will try to get more info on that.

Yes you can stream Pandora through bluetooth, but it's nice to be able to control it through the car.
it would be nice if it didn't take years to connect. =/

In comparison, even playing music just through the Bluetooth connection takes longer than my previous 2IS.

Small world - a really good friend of mine was a lead on the design team for the 3IS OS. (would tell you the company but not sure if you like me to disclose that - not Toyota obviously) When she first found out about my purchase she just apologized...haha.

She admits they did a horrid job. Bluetooth connectivity is not great, certain things don't match like the blue "navi fairy" like cursor (which she says is from a skeleton program just carried over from a previous gen OS) and so on and so on.

So I asked...any update soon? She said maybe...but once its live, they are not in charge of updating the software. it is now in the hands of the peeps in Japan. I told her why didn't you just use the one from the 4GS?? That OS is way better...she said they didn't do that one...that one was done in house... =/

the IS is bastardized in so many ways... =/
Old 08-07-13, 12:13 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Btw off topic sometime I'm having problem playing music through USB by using voice command like "Play Artist xx" and system respond but then it doesn't play the music. It works sometime after I restart the car.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lexus Enform / Mobile App for IS