IS350 F-Sport or IS350 Luxury

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-13, 07:33 PM
porsche986
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS350 F-Sport or IS350 Luxury

Hello,

I have been giving some serious thoughts between the two cars as both have their pluses and minuses. I am sure others have had similar thoughts and was hoping to get some insights. I like the F-Sport exterior styling better, especially the Ultra White / Red interior combination. I do enjoy it's sportier nature and you have to love the LFA style gauges. On the down-side, you give up a lot in luxury / technology. My current IS has all the niceties, and some of those that I use regularly aren't available on the F-Sport, such as the cooled seats, rain sensing windshield wipers, and auto-dimming mirrors. The biggest disappointment is the lack of leather seats. Not having leather seats on a car deemed as a luxury sports sedan with a ~50k price tag is almost sacrilege. My fear is that next year Lexus comes out with an F-sport with leather, which would really diminish the resale value of this car. If I go with the luxury version, I was thinking the Atomic Silver with Black interior. However, while the styling is still fairly aggressive compared to the 2IS, it's still not as eye catching as the F-sport. Plus, the interior gauge cluster is quite bland. For those of you who are running into the same thoughts, I would love to hear from you. Especially those who went through this process and made a decision. What did you get? What were the key factors in your decision? Do you have any regrets?

Thanks for all the input.
Old 08-02-13, 07:55 AM
bigtang1
Rookie

I'm having the same debate in my head at the moment - I have an IS250 AWD with lux package and love most of the things you mentioned that would be missing from the F-Sport. Another issue for me is the rims on the non F-Sport 350 - personally don't care for them at all. I'm not sure I can do without the lux, and probably don't need the extra performance of the F-Sport (but would miss the styling in black/red !)
Old 08-02-13, 08:10 AM
mrraider
Pole Position

I know the F sport gained a lot of accolades in the press, but for 90% of teh people out there, VGRS and AVS mean nothing in their daily drive. The 350 luxury represents a lo value for the money, and the flaxen interior looks stunning IMHO. Neither car is faster than the other. My chocie would be the luxury, but then again I'm pushing 40.
Old 08-02-13, 08:14 AM
tokkugawa
Driver School Candidate

Hm, If you are already going for the IS350 you can go sport imo. I mean, the engine is bigger than the IS250.

This is what I would do, I would go F-sport for IS350, and Luxury for the IS250. Since, well. The 350 has an more powerful engine built to be faster and quicker than the IS250. But the luxuary on the other hand seems quite the same. Minus the Engine.

I'd go for Sport

But as the Mrraider said, He is pushing 40, I am pushing 25
Old 08-02-13, 08:36 AM
bigtang1
Rookie

Might make for an interesting poll - Lux users are > 40, F-Sport < 40 ?
Old 08-02-13, 09:39 AM
John510
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you seen the newluxe in person? Leather creases when u tilt the seat up, side bolsters crease, and you can't wet it. I would much rather have the newluxe. Show me a 10 year old car with nice looking leather seats with no crease marks.
Old 08-02-13, 10:06 AM
bigtang1
Rookie

Does anyone have a link to a site that explains what the heck newluxe really is? Pros/Cons etc.?
Old 08-02-13, 11:22 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey, I'm pushing 62 (keep that hush hush, okay?) and I went IS350 Fsport and I'm really happy I did. I was thinking the lux version until I took the Fsport on some twisties put it S+. Man, what fun. I was thinking GS or Q50 but I'm kind of over big cars.

I think tokkugawa is spot on in his assessment.
Old 08-02-13, 12:22 PM
SimTide985
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As much as I would've liked memory seating and ventilated seats, after the test drive I took with the F-Sport a few days ago, I think I'd be completely fine giving those kinds of things up for the F-Sport...
Old 08-02-13, 02:19 PM
bshaw777
Driver

I went through the same thing and ultimately chose the Fsport 350 white/red. It was the test drive for me that sealed the deal. For me, I wanted a car that I would enjoy driving. I felt that the F-sport was much more fun to drive as far as acceleration and handlling vs NonFsport. Yes, I wanted leather (Flaxen) and all the other luxury goodies but in the end FUN TO DRIVE was the bottom line. Most people who have had Nuluxe for some time (in models other than IS) are very happy with it (retains shape,look) and some are glad they didnt choose leather. Auto dimming mirrors are actually available on Fsport.
Old 08-02-13, 05:02 PM
bruteshot2
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by porsche986
Hello,

I have been giving some serious thoughts between the two cars as both have their pluses and minuses. I am sure others have had similar thoughts and was hoping to get some insights. I like the F-Sport exterior styling better, especially the Ultra White / Red interior combination. I do enjoy it's sportier nature and you have to love the LFA style gauges. On the down-side, you give up a lot in luxury / technology. My current IS has all the niceties, and some of those that I use regularly aren't available on the F-Sport, such as the cooled seats, rain sensing windshield wipers, and auto-dimming mirrors. The biggest disappointment is the lack of leather seats. Not having leather seats on a car deemed as a luxury sports sedan with a ~50k price tag is almost sacrilege. My fear is that next year Lexus comes out with an F-sport with leather, which would really diminish the resale value of this car. If I go with the luxury version, I was thinking the Atomic Silver with Black interior. However, while the styling is still fairly aggressive compared to the 2IS, it's still not as eye catching as the F-sport. Plus, the interior gauge cluster is quite bland. For those of you who are running into the same thoughts, I would love to hear from you. Especially those who went through this process and made a decision. What did you get? What were the key factors in your decision? Do you have any regrets?

Thanks for all the input.
I would say go F-Sport. Valid concerns but NuLuxe will last longer and is easier to maintain. I don't think you'll miss the leather too much.
Old 08-02-13, 05:22 PM
G8rGirl
Driver

Originally Posted by bigtang1
I'm having the same debate in my head at the moment - I have an IS250 AWD with lux package and love most of the things you mentioned that would be missing from the F-Sport. Another issue for me is the rims on the non F-Sport 350 - personally don't care for them at all. I'm not sure I can do without the lux, and probably don't need the extra performance of the F-Sport (but would miss the styling in black/red !)
Those five-spoke rims on the non F-Sport 350 bug me too!
Old 08-02-13, 05:29 PM
jmac350
Driver School Candidate

I too am having trouble whether to go with a new FSport 350. I have driven one and yes it's nice, but it is missing a lot of options that my 2008 IS350 Sport has. Automatic tilt mirrors when in reverse, ventilated seats, memory on both front seats, rain sensing wipers. I can't remember if the one I drove had a power tilt steering wheel. I hope the FSport does. I am just wondering whether or not to hold off for a year and see what the 2015 models have for options. I like it a lot, but don't love it yet. Oh, one more thing. I live in Canada and all Canadian cars come with the chrome headlight washers in the front bumper. Not my favorite feature.
Old 08-02-13, 05:36 PM
SimTide985
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The power tilt steering wheel is a standalone option available on the F-Sport strangely enough,...
Old 08-02-13, 06:10 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by bigtang1
Does anyone have a link to a site that explains what the heck newluxe really is? Pros/Cons etc.?
nuluxe is a synthetic leather... Eco friendly, easier to keep clean and holds it's shape.

Quick Reply: IS350 F-Sport or IS350 Luxury