IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Please opinion between FSport 350 Awd Vs Audi S4 Prestige

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-13, 06:15 PM
EthanV
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Please opinion between FSport 350 Awd Vs Audi S4 Prestige

My brother is debating between the two cars.. He had test drove both recently. Price is roughly around 7-10k different. Money is not the issue here (which to get). The main concern is the reliability of the supercharge and the maintenance... How hard to DIY for basic tune up? Where he lives does not have an Audi dealership. His heart is with the power of the S4 and the color which Lexus did not have the Pearl Red. I owned a Lexus and everybody here know how their reliable than German cars. Please input any information of the both car so he can clear his mind for which one to pick. He plans to keep this car for a while. Im appreciate for all advices!
Old 07-23-13, 07:10 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 111 Likes on 82 Posts

how far is the audi dealership? If too far, then it shouldnt really be a choice...
Old 07-23-13, 07:21 PM
Keppie
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have the basic information. Audi far away not reliable. Lexus reasonable distance very reliable. I don't know what anybody else can say.
Old 07-23-13, 08:09 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

IS new model good for 6+ years. A4 due for an overhaul.
Old 07-23-13, 08:25 PM
Stillhart
Rookie

Audi are infamous lemons. Everyone I know who's had one has had it in the shop repeatedly. If there's no Audi dealership nearby, I'd DEFINITELY not risk getting one.

Personally, I wouldn't get one if there was an Audi shop next door, but if there's not even one nearby, you're going to be stranded a LOT.
Old 07-23-13, 08:38 PM
D&G
Pole Position

If money is not an issue, I would go with audi 2013 S4. It is a lot faster car and the interior is high quality. The Quattro system is one of the best out there. Definitely you will get more car out of the S4.
Old 07-23-13, 09:27 PM
doctorttt
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The B8 body is outdated and aging, and Audi is going to release a new one in the very near future. Like what other members said, the quattro is one of the best AWD systems in the market, and the supercharged engine is fast. With the Sports Differential, the S4/S5 is really a bomb. The interior of S4/S5 is really not my taste - I don't really like the center instrument panel tilted to the driver's side.

Last edited by doctorttt; 07-23-13 at 09:35 PM.
Old 07-23-13, 09:28 PM
BarrettF77
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had an Audi. Lemon lawed one and had manufacturer buy other back for mechanical issues. Not worth it no matter how fast or nice the car may seem. It's only skin deep.
Old 07-23-13, 10:42 PM
EthanV
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by spwolf
how far is the audi dealership? If too far, then it shouldnt really be a choice...
It's 6 hours away. They dont have lexus dealer either but Lexus is worry free very easy for maintenance.
Old 07-23-13, 10:46 PM
EthanV
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by doctorttt
The B8 body is outdated and aging, and Audi is going to release a new one in the very near future. Like what other members said, the quattro is one of the best AWD systems in the market, and the supercharged engine is fast. With the Sports Differential, the S4/S5 is really a bomb. The interior of S4/S5 is really not my taste - I don't really like the center instrument panel tilted to the driver's side.
Im not sure how long it has been the current body style.
Old 07-23-13, 10:50 PM
EthanV
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BarrettF77
Had an Audi. Lemon lawed one and had manufacturer buy other back for mechanical issues. Not worth it no matter how fast or nice the car may seem. It's only skin deep.
I Agree.. Thats what I had repeated to him most of the time .
Old 07-23-13, 11:18 PM
EthanV
Lead Lap

Here is my thought: Lexus got 6 years 70k miles warranty (powertrain) . Very nice car design in and out.... LFA inspired gauges, wheel and cue design... I like how it Manual shift you can feel the engine and it fun to drive. Reliability. It feels like a different car when I select the drives mode. I feel connected to the car than the Audi. I can control the manual shift and it won’t up shift itself like the Audi did in Manual mode. The Audi is faster and the right color choice, nice steering wheel and super sport seats. The gears numbers show up on the tach odometer is so little. It very hard to see when driving in Manual mode...4 year for powertrain warranty and more expensive to own...Wells very hard to give up that power that Audi has. I admitted it. The reason I posted on here because we never own an Audi so I hope I can get more information on the Audi . This is Lexus forum so I understand most people will choose Lexus.

Last edited by EthanV; 07-23-13 at 11:22 PM.
Old 07-23-13, 11:38 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

I would go Audi. More driver-involvement equates to fun, although I have yet to experience the new IS. Also less S4's on road, makes it less tiring and more special.
As far as reliability, Audi is rated higher than the other German makes. But with any German car, you should have a warranty after the factory one expires. Or turn the car back in and start fresh.
Old 07-24-13, 03:02 AM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have driven the S4. TBH i dont get whats so special about it. It looks boring both inside and out, gets extremely expensive when adding options and has crappy reliability + its almost as if it doesnt have a character. BTW if he is concerned about the ride, Lexus all the way, S4 drives a little firm.

Ive owned an A5 which i think is their best looking model and it got annoying simply because of the electrical issues. MMI dies, restarts, dies again, no fix from Audi. Crappy customer service and act like nothing is wrong.

OH btw, Lexus do have a red on the IS350, its called Matador red, looks amazing in person.

And here's an S4 to keep things interesting.

Old 07-24-13, 04:50 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

The S4!!!!

Quick Reply: Please opinion between FSport 350 Awd Vs Audi S4 Prestige