IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Mark Levinson pkg?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-13, 06:46 PM
Brklyn
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mark Levinson pkg?

Hi everyone. New York member here. New to forum. Not new to Lexus. Previously owned Infiniti, BMW, Lexus. Currently rolling in a modded (performance mods) VW GTI. First 4-cyl car I've ever owned. Even with mods, still leaves plenty to be desired in the oomph dept.

Test drove a 2014 IS 350 non F sport this week. Was very impressed. Didn't expect much in terms to handling, sportiness bc my last Lexus was a 2006 GS430 (v8) which handled like a fast sofa.

I'd like the 15 speaker, 835 watt ML sound system in an F Sport but when I try to build it online, ML does not show as an option. Is it standard equipment on F sport pkgs? The non F that I tested didn't wow me with its standard sound system. Thanks and I'm pretty glad to join this informative group.
Old 07-18-13, 07:16 PM
561Lexus
Driver

Originally Posted by Brklyn
Hi everyone. New York member here. New to forum. Not new to Lexus. Previously owned Infiniti, BMW, Lexus. Currently rolling in a modded (performance mods) VW GTI. First 4-cyl car I've ever owned. Even with mods, still leaves plenty to be desired in the oomph dept.

Test drove a 2014 IS 350 non F sport this week. Was very impressed. Didn't expect much in terms to handling, sportiness bc my last Lexus was a 2006 GS430 (v8) which handled like a fast sofa.

I'd like the 15 speaker, 835 watt ML sound system in an F Sport but when I try to build it online, ML does not show as an option. Is it standard equipment on F sport pkgs? The non F that I tested didn't wow me with its standard sound system. Thanks and I'm pretty glad to join this informative group.
F-Sport 350's come standard with Mark Levinson
Old 07-18-13, 07:49 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by 561Lexus
F-Sport 350's come standard with Mark Levinson
Incorrect it's not standard.
Old 07-18-13, 08:07 PM
mmims2000
Driver

It does not come standard, but it's only an option alongside the navigation package. On the 2IS, mark levinson was extremely rare; however, on the 3IS, many dealers have cars on their lots already equipped with this package. It's totally worth it!
Old 07-18-13, 09:03 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mmims2000
It does not come standard, but it's only an option alongside the navigation package. On the 2IS, mark levinson was extremely rare; however, on the 3IS, many dealers have cars on their lots already equipped with this package. It's totally worth it!
Some of the magic that contributes to the better sound in ML lies in the better quality speakers. The front ones are bigger than then stock ones and the extra two speakers in the rear windshield have some dispersion characteristics. Not to mention there are another 2 small speakers located at the door handles of the read doors. This is what I have read. I think it is worth it if it can be added. In Canada, only the AWD models have this option.

Note that in Japan, by adding ML, an extra 10KG is added to the weight, according to Lexus JP web site. Their ML and non-ML come with blu ray and DTV capabilities with 2 SDHC card slots (one for map and the other for media).
Old 07-19-13, 12:14 PM
nycxcynk
Driver School Candidate

I'm from New York too, the dealer where I'm buying mine from said that ML package will come out later, don't know if that will help
Old 07-19-13, 12:21 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey, Brooklyn -- used to do theater in Brooklyn Heights. I can tell you from experience (because I bought one) that if you get the Fsport (which is treated like an option package) the only other option package you can order (here in LA) is the ML. Go to Carsdirect.com and go through the path there -- but don't believe them if you try to get one of the wood packages and they add it -- because you can't -- at least here in LA.
Old 07-19-13, 12:45 PM
Brklyn
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Glashub
Hey, Brooklyn -- used to do theater in Brooklyn Heights. I can tell you from experience (because I bought one) that if you get the Fsport (which is treated like an option package) the only other option package you can order (here in LA) is the ML. Go to Carsdirect.com and go through the path there -- but don't believe them if you try to get one of the wood packages and they add it -- because you can't -- at least here in LA.
I live in Bk Heights. Will check the site you mentioned. Thanks.
Old 07-19-13, 01:01 PM
titoman110
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question? Will Lexus be able to add ML later on if the car didn't come with it and around how much would it be. Just a estimate.
Old 07-19-13, 04:20 PM
LEXUS1904
Driver

you can only get ML if you have NAVI selected. Cant get ML without navi
Old 07-19-13, 04:28 PM
titoman110
Driver

Originally Posted by LEXUS1904
you can only get ML if you have NAVI selected. Cant get ML without navi

I know you need Navi and I have Navi on my IS my questions is will i be able to add ML to my IS3 that has Navi already later on.
Old 07-19-13, 04:54 PM
Brklyn
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by titoman110
I know you need Navi and I have Navi on my IS my questions is will i be able to add ML to my IS3 that has Navi already later on.
I don't think you can. They come factory equipped that way.
Old 07-19-13, 09:17 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Nope won't be possible. Different wiring harness, different interior body panels for the speakers and the list does go on a bit. It's not cost effective even if one does do it.
Old 07-19-13, 10:24 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Sango
Nope won't be possible. Different wiring harness, different interior body panels for the speakers and the list does go on a bit. It's not cost effective even if one does do it.
Agreed. None of the speakers are common in ML and non-ML sound system in 3IS.
Old 07-20-13, 08:19 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

When building an IS350 F Sport on the Lexus site, Mark Levinson is included in the F Sport package.

Quick Reply: Mark Levinson pkg?