Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have Nitto NT05's on my camaro and those are some sticky sob's
Old 07-19-13, 05:43 PM
alopez
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Potenza RE070

The Potenza RE070 is Bridgestone's Extreme Performance Summer tire developed for Original Equipment use in sizes for the 2012 Lexus LFA Nurburgring Edition, 2004-2007 all-wheel drive Subaru Impreza WRX STI performance sedans, as well as 2008-2009 Honda S2000 CR (Club Racer) sports cars. While designed to combine predictable handling on the street with extreme dry traction on the track, the Potenza RE070, like all summer tires, is not intended to be driven in near-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice.

The Potenza RE070 features a high-grip tread compound molded into an asymmetric tread design to combine handling with traction. Semi-Slick outboard shoulder blocks and several continuous inboard ribs enhance initial responsiveness and increase lateral stiffness to reduce the irregular wear that can occur during hard cornering. The tire's internal structure includes twin steel belts reinforced by spirally wrapped nylon to blend high-speed durability with uniform ride quality
Old 07-19-13, 07:50 PM
Sango
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
bridgestone turanzas ER33 that come on the F Sport arent rated very well on tire rack. Kinda sucks that they give you junky tires on the sport package
Originally Posted by titoman110
I agree with you on that. Wished Lexus would of put better tires on the IS 250 F Sport but once these tires are done I will get better tires with better grip.
Oh yes!! Those tires are also on my F-Sport. ER-33 is notorious for road noise!!
Old 07-19-13, 08:00 PM
MisterSkiz
Racer

Received 89 Likes on 61 Posts

LOL are you guys serious. SLOW DOWN.....Might as well should of gotten a Chevy Volt or Prius... It's LEXUS F Sport..... Its a SPORT SEDAN...You need to have some fun with the car. It's not about being classy or anything. You need to have fun on the road sometimes. So someone in a Ferrari, Bugatti or Porsche shouldn't speed cause it's not classy to do so. Come on. Let's be real here and have some fun while driving safe and fast. Remember its a Sport Sedan not a Family Sedan.
Its a Lexus FSport, meant to be fun....sounds like you should have bought an IS-F.
Old 07-20-13, 01:43 AM
magne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by alopez
Potenza RE070

If the person who don't like the ER-33 think they are to noicy, he should not buy the re070!
One of the most noicy tires out there. Makes more noice than toyo R888. More noice than my studded continetal winter tires. They are grippy as hell. But the road noice are louder than the exhaust on the impreza
Old 07-20-13, 02:17 AM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
It's a pretty subjective thing, but for a Lexus doing what I think you want to be doing, I'd probably recommend the Michelin Pilot Super Sport or Bridgestone Potenza S04. Some 2IS guys would maybe recommend the Hankook Ventus V12, but I've never used them and from what I can recall they are more of a "they're good for the money" choice.

If you want even MORE grip, I would look to the Dunlop Direzza ZII or Bridgestone Potenza RE11, these have good grip but not very good wear. The Dunlops tend to be noisier, but are priced very well for the huge grip they give.

Jeff
I use Z1* and they are good in the first 30% or so, once they are worn over 30% they drop very quickly. Never try the ZII, too new. haha

I use RE11 all day long and just pick up their new tires. The RE11-A.

If you want real performance, the only thing I would recommend is RE11 or RE11-A.

PSS are good, but they are in a different level.

Go to tirerack.com and you will see they are one grade lower.
Old 07-20-13, 07:26 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Nigel-JDMParts

I use Z1* and they are good in the first 30% or so, once they are worn over 30% they drop very quickly. Never try the ZII, too new. haha

I use RE11 all day long and just pick up their new tires. The RE11-A.

If you want real performance, the only thing I would recommend is RE11 or RE11-A.

PSS are good, but they are in a different level.

Go to tirerack.com and you will see they are one grade lower.
Jeff and Nigel,

Thanks for the tips about the summer tire choice. Originally I plan to go for the Michelin PSS on 3IS as I am driving with 18" PS2 on my IS. So this confirms my choice. I find the PS2 has a good balance of grip and ride quality.
Old 07-20-13, 01:06 PM
durps
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Michelin pilot sports!
Old 07-20-13, 03:02 PM
UpSideDown
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any advise on what kind of tires i should get once these stock Bridgestone tires wear down. I was going really fast on a curve today and notice a little slip on the back side. I feel i need a little more grip to turn them corners at a fast speed. I've been a Falken, Yokohama tires kind of guy in the past with my JDM cars before but with my LEXUS i want to see what else i can get with good grip. Just want to see what you guys suggest. THANKS
I find its quite fun when the back side slide a little bit when you floor it coming out of a corner.
I wouldn't spend money on new tires on a brand new car. Better to wait till they are finished and then buy whatever tires you want.