IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Picture of F-Sport w/o Nav package?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-13, 02:19 PM
ohkun
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Picture of F-Sport w/o Nav package?

I was never big fan of Nav system from any automaker and the new one from Is250 isn't any better.

With that said, I'd just rather save $3~4000 by just getting F-Sport pkg w/o the nav.
(I know that I'll be loosing sunroof and that's fine)

Has anyone seen or have pic of the new IS w/o Nav?
Old 07-11-13, 03:12 PM
mmarsian
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm interested in this also. I don't care much for Nav or even the Enform stuff.
Old 07-11-13, 03:19 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

it looks the same up top with the screen - it just doesnt have the mouse interface, but rottary dial and open storage instead of it...
Old 07-11-13, 07:14 PM
sl0519
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ohkun
I was never big fan of Nav system from any automaker and the new one from Is250 isn't any better.

With that said, I'd just rather save $3~4000 by just getting F-Sport pkg w/o the nav.
(I know that I'll be loosing sunroof and that's fine)

Has anyone seen or have pic of the new IS w/o Nav?
Here you go

Picture is from this thread: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-...thread-16.html
Old 07-12-13, 03:35 PM
ohkun
Driver School Candidate

it does have top screen.. nice!

so.. for non-NAVI F-sports, what am I mssing out?

-navi
-sunroof
-backup camera

anything else?
Old 07-12-13, 04:13 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by ohkun
it does have top screen.. nice!

so.. for non-NAVI F-sports, what am I mssing out?

-navi
-sunroof
-backup camera

anything else?
None. For $3250 more in Canada, personally not worth it. 2K more and I go for the 350 F-Sport without that equipment...

And actually, you have a shallow cubby with the Audio Display Controller to put your cell phone, change, or even sunglasses in the place of the Remote Touch controller (NAV). And possibly another bonus with non-sunroof-equipped IS's, they might just have the sunglasses holder that's missing with sunroof-equipped models - if someone can confirm...

Last edited by corradoMR2; 07-12-13 at 04:18 PM.
Old 07-12-13, 06:32 PM
SexyElaine
Pole Position

Thank you for the picture and information !! It's good to know that the screen will still be there unlike the 2IS where the non-nav IS's didnt have a screen.

I've always had an OEM nav but now with my kick *** nav on my smart phone I figured I'd save some $$$ and use that for future mods
Old 07-12-13, 07:49 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by SexyElaine
Thank you for the picture and information !! It's good to know that the screen will still be there unlike the 2IS where the non-nav IS's didnt have a screen.

I've always had an OEM nav but now with my kick *** nav on my smart phone I figured I'd save some $$$ and use that for future mods
That's the plan!
Old 07-13-13, 12:13 AM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default demographic limitations...

Save some money...maybe, "penny wise, pound foolish" IMHO =)

You might be waiting a long time IMHO. They only way you'd get an F-Sport is to Special order it. And it might be a while before any dealership is willing to put in an order like that. (I'm assuming you want an F-Sport)

A couple of things to consider...

1) Working extremely close to a "buyer" at a dealership near me, they could only choose what combinations of trims and colors they wanted dibs on from a predetermined list of combos and availability weeks prior to the release date.

2) Every dealer i visited in a 20 mile radius (about 4 of them) all had lists of "hand raisers" that paid a deposit for 2014 IS' (hand raiser is an industry term for a buyer who put themselves on a list with a deposit for a vehicle. others would be considered as walk ins.)

3) These are franchisees...it's basic supply and demand. They don't have an abundance of inventory at the moment but they have a lot of interested buyers who are willing to purchase the vehicles as optioned.

4) "Risk is too high for a Lexus, not so much for a Toyota" - Not even the average, but the MAJORITY of buyers who are interested in luxury vehicles like/need the bells and whistles. So they would have to order your vehicle which is basically stripped of its amenities and if/when the car hit the lot, you decide you don't want the vehicle anymore or your credit doesn't fall through and they cant sell it to you (which you are never on the hook for EVEN if you leave a deposit), they are now stuck with a vehicle that has an extremely low chance of selling.

5) i forgot if its this thread or the other one "post a pic of F-sport w/ no nav" but the picture features a non f-sport. Probably a 250 or 350 base model. They definitely exists but not with the F-sports. How do I know? Take a look at the website and build your own. When you get to the "select your package" page there are three bundles. If you scroll over the radio buttons the bundles pop up and the feature codes are listed. The F-sport packages come with NV. NV = navigation.

Not trying to burst your bubble but hopefully this helps setting some expectations. Some things are not dependent on bundles and have a higher chance of selling without it like the sun/moonroof option so this is definitely something more probable.

I hope you get yours soon!! The navi on the 3IS compared to the one on the 2IS (my previous car) is
many moons ahead of it. real time traffic, 3D mapping, and a whole mess of other pretty sweet stuff.
Old 07-13-13, 06:39 AM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thejaperu
Save some money...maybe, "penny wise, pound foolish" IMHO =)

You might be waiting a long time IMHO. They only way you'd get an F-Sport is to Special order it. And it might be a while before any dealership is willing to put in an order like that. (I'm assuming you want an F-Sport)

A couple of things to consider...

1) Working extremely close to a "buyer" at a dealership near me, they could only choose what combinations of trims and colors they wanted dibs on from a predetermined list of combos and availability weeks prior to the release date.

2) Every dealer i visited in a 20 mile radius (about 4 of them) all had lists of "hand raisers" that paid a deposit for 2014 IS' (hand raiser is an industry term for a buyer who put themselves on a list with a deposit for a vehicle. others would be considered as walk ins.)

3) These are franchisees...it's basic supply and demand. They don't have an abundance of inventory at the moment but they have a lot of interested buyers who are willing to purchase the vehicles as optioned.

4) "Risk is too high for a Lexus, not so much for a Toyota" - Not even the average, but the MAJORITY of buyers who are interested in luxury vehicles like/need the bells and whistles. So they would have to order your vehicle which is basically stripped of its amenities and if/when the car hit the lot, you decide you don't want the vehicle anymore or your credit doesn't fall through and they cant sell it to you (which you are never on the hook for EVEN if you leave a deposit), they are now stuck with a vehicle that has an extremely low chance of selling.

5) i forgot if its this thread or the other one "post a pic of F-sport w/ no nav" but the picture features a non f-sport. Probably a 250 or 350 base model. They definitely exists but not with the F-sports. How do I know? Take a look at the website and build your own. When you get to the "select your package" page there are three bundles. If you scroll over the radio buttons the bundles pop up and the feature codes are listed. The F-sport packages come with NV. NV = navigation.

Not trying to burst your bubble but hopefully this helps setting some expectations. Some things are not dependent on bundles and have a higher chance of selling without it like the sun/moonroof option so this is definitely something more probable.

I hope you get yours soon!! The navi on the 3IS compared to the one on the 2IS (my previous car) is
many moons ahead of it. real time traffic, 3D mapping, and a whole mess of other pretty sweet stuff.
I would have to disagree withe comment of a dealer not wanting to place a special order for a non-optioned model. I would think that most dealerships would be willing to place the order. The only caveat would be that there would be a substantial non refundable deposit that would need to be put down. When I ordered my 3IS 350 RWD F-Sport in May, that was the deal. The configuration I ordered was one in which my dealer would have never taken in as they would not be able to sell it. If I were to back away for any reason, I would lose $5,000. That will not be thae case and I do not think that anyone placing an order would worry about backing out.
However, a special order is still limited to what is available in a particular market. For example, in the US, a sunroof is standard and cannot be deleted. Your dealer will be able to tell you exactly what can/ cannot be added/ deleted in their order system. Conflicts will come up immediately. Lexus does not truely build custom vehicles like BMW.
Old 07-13-13, 02:07 PM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kabgolf1
I would have to disagree withe comment of a dealer not wanting to place a special order for a non-optioned model. I would think that most dealerships would be willing to place the order. The only caveat would be that there would be a substantial non refundable deposit that would need to be put down. When I ordered my 3IS 350 RWD F-Sport in May, that was the deal. The configuration I ordered was one in which my dealer would have never taken in as they would not be able to sell it. If I were to back away for any reason, I would lose $5,000. That will not be thae case and I do not think that anyone placing an order would worry about backing out.
However, a special order is still limited to what is available in a particular market. For example, in the US, a sunroof is standard and cannot be deleted. Your dealer will be able to tell you exactly what can/ cannot be added/ deleted in their order system. Conflicts will come up immediately. Lexus does not truely build custom vehicles like BMW.
In california anway...

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/brochures...cts/ffvr35.htm

EVEN if purchased, off the lot, you can still return it within two days or within the time allotted by the contract. Some restrictions apply but the return is possible. AND the deposit or down payment is FULLY refundable. Restocking fees might apply depending on the price of the vehicle.

A dealership cannot keep your money if they don't sell you anything. Intent is irrelevant. Lexus who bundles packages vs Porsche who loves the a la carte paradigm, the risk is too great. As a general manager of a dealership i would never approve this order. There are too many factors that have to fall through to make the sale. And if it doesnt fall through I now have a lexus that's not really a Lexus.

It's an ideal situation but franchisees are not in a position to risk that much money. Maybe if you bought it straight from the manufacturer...(TESLA...*cough*) =)

You might want to check into Lexus and see if they have a program like Jaguar still/used to have where they fly you out to the UK and let you build it on site and test drive it on their track. They bundle the plane tickets into the price of the vehicle and they pre-approve you for the price of the vehicle and options. Then i could see it happening....sorry...
Old 07-13-13, 02:44 PM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

In california anway...

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/brochures...cts/ffvr35.htm

EVEN if purchased, off the lot, you can still return it within two days or within the time allotted by the contract. Some restrictions apply but the return is possible. AND the deposit or down payment is FULLY refundable. Restocking fees might apply depending on the price of the vehicle.

A dealership cannot keep your money if they don't sell you anything. Intent is irrelevant. Lexus who bundles packages vs Porsche who loves the a la carte paradigm, the risk is too great. As a general manager of a dealership i would never approve this order. There are too many factors that have to fall through to make the sale. And if it doesnt fall through I now have a lexus that's not really a Lexus.

It's an ideal situation but franchisees are not in a position to risk that much money. Maybe if you bought it straight from the manufacturer...(TESLA...*cough*) =)

You might want to check into Lexus and see if they have a program like Jaguar still/used to have where they fly you out to the UK and let you build it on site and test drive it on their track. They bundle the plane tickets into the price of the vehicle and they pre-approve you for the price of the vehicle and options. Then i could see it happening....sorry...
That really stinks for California customers as I, as a business owner, would not risk it under those conditions either.
However, here in Rhode Island, there are three days to legally cancel a contract with no penalties. Which means that a customer could return a car within 3 days when purchased off the lot but in the case of a special order, there would be three days from signing the contract for the order within which the customer could cancel the order. Otherwise, if the order is cancelled by the customer, any deposit is forfeited whether or not the car is delivered. With the deposit required by my dealer for the special order, even if I were to cancel out, they could unload that car with no damage to them. Granted we are talking a 3IS 350 RWD F-Sport with every option available versus a stripped down 3IS so it is a lucrative order. Also, I am a repeat customer, as I am on my 6th vehicle from them. I am sure that factors in as well.
Thanks for the insight into California laws as it should help out others if they are experiencing difficulty with their dealers and trying to place an order.
Old 07-13-13, 06:02 PM
r0shiro
Lead Lap

Default welcome!

Originally Posted by kabgolf1
That really stinks for California customers as I, as a business owner, would not risk it under those conditions either.
However, here in Rhode Island, there are three days to legally cancel a contract with no penalties. Which means that a customer could return a car within 3 days when purchased off the lot but in the case of a special order, there would be three days from signing the contract for the order within which the customer could cancel the order. Otherwise, if the order is cancelled by the customer, any deposit is forfeited whether or not the car is delivered. With the deposit required by my dealer for the special order, even if I were to cancel out, they could unload that car with no damage to them. Granted we are talking a 3IS 350 RWD F-Sport with every option available versus a stripped down 3IS so it is a lucrative order. Also, I am a repeat customer, as I am on my 6th vehicle from them. I am sure that factors in as well.
Thanks for the insight into California laws as it should help out others if they are experiencing difficulty with their dealers and trying to place an order.
That sounds crazy to me about the deposit thresholds in RI...i'll stay in CA for now...lol.

Hope you get yours soon...this car makes it hard to turn it off! =)
Old 07-14-13, 05:21 AM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

That sounds crazy to me about the deposit thresholds in RI...i'll stay in CA for now...lol.

Hope you get yours soon...this car makes it hard to turn it off! =)
The thresholds make a person think before they sign.
Thanks and I hope it arrives soon as well.
I think we have both shed some light on something others may not have thought about previously with regard to a special order.
Old 07-14-13, 05:49 AM
steig
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought my 2013 ES without NAV. Luxury package and all options I wanted but no NAV for the same reason, my smart phone has a great NAV system with free updates. I can also change destination / settings while driving.

The only thing I would have done different is waited for the 2014 IS, they are great looking cars.

Quick Reply: Picture of F-Sport w/o Nav package?