IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

What s your best 0-60 with the IS350 F-sport

Old 05-13-14, 09:58 PM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by CTLG
Couple of questions:

1. What model do you have? My car is a 3IS 350 F-Sport. It works every time.

2. Are you in manual mode? (Silly question, but I had to ask).

The TC will turn off temporarily but just pressing the button quickly (or while moving) but will re-engage after 30mph. So if you didn't hold the button down for 3 secs and didn't get the TRAC light on the dash, it's going to auto shift after you launch due to being re-engaged after 30mph.

This quick TRAC disable feature is more for situations like getting stuck in sand/snow or going up a steep incline in the snow/rain.

Can you take a video and show us?
I pressed more than 3 second and the TRAC will kick back in after 30 or 50mph.
I cannot fully disable it.
Old 05-14-14, 05:33 AM
CTLG
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nigel-JDMParts
Can you take a video and show us?
I pressed more than 3 second and the TRAC will kick back in after 30 or 50mph.
I cannot fully disable it.
Strange. What country are you in and what model 3is?
Old 05-14-14, 05:44 AM
8jml8
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a is350 RWD. It put down 286rwhp
Old 05-14-14, 05:53 AM
l5JLlll
Rookie

*removed to a new thread*

Last edited by l5JLlll; 05-15-14 at 04:01 AM.
Old 05-14-14, 06:01 AM
CTLG
Rookie

Originally Posted by 8jml8
I have a is350 RWD. It put down 286rwhp
On what kind of Dyno? Are these corrected numbers?

Also, did you have any mods?
Old 05-14-14, 08:20 AM
JGard18
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CTLG
Couple of questions:

1. What model do you have? My car is a 3IS 350 F-Sport. It works every time.

2. Are you in manual mode? (Silly question, but I had to ask).

The TC will turn off temporarily but just pressing the button quickly (or while moving) but will re-engage after 30mph. So if you didn't hold the button down for 3 secs and didn't get the TRAC light on the dash, it's going to auto shift after you launch due to being re-engaged after 30mph.

This quick TRAC disable feature is more for situations like getting stuck in sand/snow or going up a steep incline in the snow/rain.
So once again I've confirmed it. Held down the TC button for a few seconds to get the idiot light to show up on the gauge cluster as well as TRAC OFF in the center display. Car in Sport+ mode, transmission in M mode.

Got on it various times from various speeds in each gear 1 through 3. It autouphifted for me every single time.

So yeah, this car does not hold gears at all, ever. I have not been able to make it bounce off the revlimiter once and I have tried many times.
Old 05-14-14, 08:58 AM
CTLG
Rookie

Originally Posted by JGard18
So once again I've confirmed it. Held down the TC button for a few seconds to get the idiot light to show up on the gauge cluster as well as TRAC OFF in the center display. Car in Sport+ mode, transmission in M mode.

Got on it various times from various speeds in each gear 1 through 3. It autouphifted for me every single time.

So yeah, this car does not hold gears at all, ever. I have not been able to make it bounce off the revlimiter once and I have tried many times.
What 3is model do you have and is it USDM?

This is strange. Maybe it's model dependant or dependant on country?

My USDM 3is 350 F Sport doesn't do this. It gives me absolute control over the transmission with TRAC totally disabled.

Have you tried the pedal dance for the hell of it?
Old 05-14-14, 10:00 AM
WiLz
Driver

I can add to the confirmations that you CAN bounce off the rev limiter. Tried this yesterday: I had car in Park, pressed TRAC OFF button for 5 seconds or so until the orange TRAC OFF warning symbol lit up on the dash. Put car in Sport mode, put transmission in M, then depressed accelerator completely to the floor and held it there. Car bounced off rev limiter in first gear for 1 or 2 seconds until I pulled the paddle shifter, then it hit the rev limiter briefly again in second gear when I pulled the paddle to upshift right before it hit redline.

2014 IS350 F-Sport, no performance mods yet.

Didn't try to see if the car would shift automatically if you continuously bounce off the limiter for a long time though, or if it made a difference if it wasn't full throttle.
Old 05-14-14, 11:09 AM
JGard18
Pole Position

I live in Texas, so yeah, it's a USDM car. 2014 IS350 F Sport. Bought it back in October 2013.

It's something I kinda want to bring up to service, but at the same time, I cant' see them really taking me seriously when I say I want this changed.

I have a copy of TechStream at home and I've hooked it up once and looked around briefly to see if it's configurable through there, but it didn't appear to be. Maybe I'll give it another looksee.
Old 05-14-14, 12:31 PM
bhvrdr
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by WiLz
I can add to the confirmations that you CAN bounce off the rev limiter. Tried this yesterday: I had car in Park, pressed TRAC OFF button for 5 seconds or so until the orange TRAC OFF warning symbol lit up on the dash. Put car in Sport mode, put transmission in M, then depressed accelerator completely to the floor and held it there. Car bounced off rev limiter in first gear for 1 or 2 seconds until I pulled the paddle shifter, then it hit the rev limiter briefly again in second gear when I pulled the paddle to upshift right before it hit redline.

2014 IS350 F-Sport, no performance mods yet.

Didn't try to see if the car would shift automatically if you continuously bounce off the limiter for a long time though, or if it made a difference if it wasn't full throttle.

Darn. I can confirm then that this is only for the F-sport models. I put it in sport mode with traction control disabled and it auto upshifts for me. Bummer for me.

Mike
Old 05-14-14, 01:39 PM
CTLG
Rookie

Originally Posted by JGard18
I live in Texas, so yeah, it's a USDM car. 2014 IS350 F Sport. Bought it back in October 2013.

It's something I kinda want to bring up to service, but at the same time, I cant' see them really taking me seriously when I say I want this changed.

I have a copy of TechStream at home and I've hooked it up once and looked around briefly to see if it's configurable through there, but it didn't appear to be. Maybe I'll give it another looksee.
Hmm. My USDM 3is 350 F Sport is barely a month old and I'm not having this issue. Maybe it's a firmware upgrade that was installed in the newer vehicles and yours is running an older version? It's certainly worth mentioning to the dealership.

We should probably start a new topic on this alone. We're way off track and it'll make searching for this info easier in the future.
Old 05-14-14, 02:20 PM
markb3
Driver

Not sure if this helps, but I think I read somewhere that only the RWD model will bounce off the Rev limiter. The AWD apparently does not. Can anyone confirm this?
Old 05-14-14, 05:11 PM
bhvrdr
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by markb3
Not sure if this helps, but I think I read somewhere that only the RWD model will bounce off the Rev limiter. The AWD apparently does not. Can anyone confirm this?
Nope, mine is RWD and will not bounce
Old 05-14-14, 06:25 PM
L0ngJ0hn
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man! we're getting so many different answers here. There must be something were missing..
Old 05-14-14, 10:21 PM
Slust
Pole Position

That is odd people can't get traction control to stay off during their drive. I don't do the Konami pedal dance. I hold button down for 8-10s (though I think 5s works) and it stays off just fine. It's great since the car doesn't feel so locked in. Also the throttle response doesn't seem to lag as much in Normal mode with TRAC OFF.

Also surprised people can't bounce off the rev limiter. Not my preferred way of driving as it feels like wasted time/power but it's definitely possible. The Smoking Tire's video review even shows this.

IS350 F-Sport RWD ...but I don't think that matters.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What s your best 0-60 with the IS350 F-sport