IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

My IS 250FSPORT black on red with tinted windows

Old 07-05-13, 10:58 PM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default My IS 250FSPORT black on red with tinted windows

Hi I had my windows tinted today. I have a couple pictures I didn't get to take really good ones but I think you can see the car looks beautiful with them. This is 15% all around.

Hope you guys like it
Old 07-05-13, 11:05 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Dark. Mean. Nice.
Old 07-06-13, 05:17 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

I've uploaded some larger picks the ones I did yesterday but too small
Attached Thumbnails My IS 250FSPORT black on red with tinted windows-image.jpg  
Old 07-06-13, 05:18 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Here's another picture that's larger better quality
Attached Thumbnails My IS 250FSPORT black on red with tinted windows-image.jpg  
Old 07-06-13, 05:55 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

Can't say enough about your Obsidian F-Sport in the other posts especially now with the tints. This car cannot be messed with!!!

Please post comments on onlookers and more pics when you can, we never tire!
Old 07-06-13, 06:08 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by dstopsie
It looks like you got clearance on the front bumper to parking block.
Old 07-06-13, 06:11 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Can't say enough about your Obsidian F-Sport in the other posts especially now with the tints. This car cannot be messed with!!!

Please post comments on onlookers and more pics when you can, we never tire!
I had a quite a few people ask me what kind of car it is.. somebody had me roll down my window because they didn't recognize what kind of car was and when I'm driving down the street I'm seeing people who are walking turning around and looking at the back of a car so it is definitely starting to turn some heads. I live in Los Angeles and I haven't seen another car like it on the street yet

I will post more pics later

It is probably the most aggressive looking car I've driven and the black in this new model really shows off the lines in this car better than any other color in my opinion. And the red interior just makes it 1000 times more sporty looking

A couple of my friends used the expression that is one badass looking car!!

If anybody in Los Angeles wants a recommendation for tinting their windows feel free to ask me I've been going to the same place for 17 years and the guy does awesome work
Old 07-06-13, 07:19 AM
omgitsjoe
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Badass indeed !!!! I've been leaning on silver or white regarding this IS but after seeing your tinted black FSport now im really , really confused UUGHH

I guess one cant go wrong with either colors but your black makes it really stand out. Congratulations on the new IS !!!
Old 07-06-13, 08:03 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by omgitsjoe
Badass indeed !!!! I've been leaning on silver or white regarding this IS but after seeing your tinted black FSport now im really , really confused UUGHH

I guess one cant go wrong with either colors but your black makes it really stand out. Congratulations on the new IS !!!
I looked at both the black and the white also but there was just something about the black that made the car looks way more sporty. The white is beautiful but I really wasn't sold on the white with the red interior I actually didn't even like the red interior in the white car and if I bought the white I was going to get black interior. But I really wasn't sold on that combination either because I just came from a 2012 fsport StarFire pearl with black interior I wanted something different in my new car

I went to another dealer and they had the black with a red interior and all I had to do was take one look and I was sold. What sold me on black for sure was especially the front grill. the front grill is beautiful on the white but it just becomes more of an integral part of the front of the car because the black grill with the black body of the car just blends together so nicely and looks more aggressive. So I looked at the black and the white next to each other and I went with black, hands down no second thoughts..
Old 07-06-13, 08:21 AM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Great looking car. Red interior with black exterior is a good combo.

Just be careful with the curb especially when doing a front in. The clearance between the curb and the bottom of your bumper is very small in your picture.

There is one thing I find interesting about the F-Sport model when I saw it in the showroom. The bottom of the bumper below the braking duct (LED fog if equipped) has some unpainted, matte plastic. I think it is due to the way the braking duct plastic insert was designed. I had a 06' 2IS and it was different. Maybe the late model of 2IS has a similar arrangement since Lexus redesigned the bumper and the fog log is also surrounded by black plastic insert.

I will check the regular 3IS if I spot one in a showroom to see if it is the same case. Mine is not still months away..
Old 07-06-13, 10:26 AM
HIDPH
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice, can never go wrong with black. Congrats on your new car! =)
Old 07-06-13, 10:50 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Black will be the nicest color but tough to keep clean. Can't wait to see it lowered. I am still getting used to the front grille/bumper.
Old 07-06-13, 11:33 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

I looked at both the black and the white also but there was just something about the black that made the car looks way more sporty. The white is beautiful but I really wasn't sold on the white with the red interior I actually didn't even like the red interior in the white car and if I bought the white I was going to get black interior. But I really wasn't sold on that combination either because I just came from a 2012 fsport StarFire pearl with black interior I wanted something different in my new car

I went to another dealer and they had the black with a red interior and all I had to do was take one look and I was sold. What sold me on black for sure was especially the front grill. the front grill is beautiful on the white but it just becomes more of an integral part of the front of the car because the black grill with the black body of the car just blends together so nicely and looks more aggressive. So I looked at the black and the white next to each other and I went with black, hands down no second thoughts..
I originally ordered ultra white/red then after seeing obsidian online, I was sold. I changed my order just in time before the dealer placed the build order at the factory. In all honesty, I would have been content with the ultra white as well if I was too late, but I feel more passionate towards the obsidian/red despite the pain it will be to maintain (swirl marks, scratches, etc).
Old 07-06-13, 12:06 PM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
I originally ordered ultra white/red then after seeing obsidian online, I was sold. I changed my order just in time before the dealer placed the build order at the factory. In all honesty, I would have been content with the ultra white as well if I was too late, but I feel more passionate towards the obsidian/red despite the pain it will be to maintain (swirl marks, scratches, etc).
I recommend using microfiber towels that are extremely soft on the finish of the car. I got some at a car supply company out here in Los Angeles and they are softer than a babies butt so I will do my best in order to minimize the swirls and scratches but it's in evitable that's going to happen but at least I use the proper microfiber towels on it I have a good chance of maintaining it pretty well

You can view online the towels I got you. Go to my California car cover.com. This company has been in business for over 25 years and their products are very good

I got the pack of three grey towels for $14.99 and two of the dark blue towels for 19.99. They are very high quality and they are very very very soft I am really impressed with them. They are also super absorbent.
Old 07-06-13, 01:14 PM
John510
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful car! Makes me want to go get mine tinted now.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: My IS 250FSPORT black on red with tinted windows