IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

First 2014 is350 with magnaflow?

Old 07-04-13, 08:17 PM
ImportMn86
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default First 2014 is350 with magnaflow?

Hello everyone,
On Saturday the 29th i made the decision of getting Magnaflow exhaust on my new Is and I couldn't be any happier. I also installed 4" tips to fill the bumper a little bit more, i didnt really like the stock ones.
here are the links:
/lvalenc2?feature=guide#/watch?v=WQVcbrZnOb4
/lvalenc2?feature=guide#/watch?v=rHDJxjsFm_s
Old 07-04-13, 08:23 PM
F350
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice! the tips do fill it out pretty well. are those custom magnaflows or bolt-on ?

also how is the sound during idle and when moving ? is there a droning sound ?
Old 07-04-13, 08:45 PM
1sWt2GS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

i love when people say the "first person" to do anything

you likely aren't the first person to do this mod, if its out there people probably have done it
Old 07-04-13, 08:50 PM
ImportMn86
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by F350
nice! the tips do fill it out pretty well. are those custom magnaflows or bolt-on ?

also how is the sound during idle and when moving ? is there a droning sound ?
Thank you, They're custom after taking a look at the bottom it seems it has a small x-pipe and all i did was replace the mufflers i didnt want to cut too deep into the exhaust it currently has. the sound is very subtle on idle but you can tell its not stock. When your driving it sounds deep but not loud ,when you really punch it you can hear the roar and the deepness. I will soon record a video in normal driving.
Old 07-04-13, 08:53 PM
ImportMn86
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1sWt2GS
i love when people say the "first person" to do anything

you likely aren't the first person to do this mod, if its out there people probably have done it
Well i say the first person because i was the first to purchase before launch date. I had it since June 28th don't ask me how i was able to take it home before Launch date the point is if you search noone has done it yet. Im pretty sure by now some owners have installed their own exhaust systems and whatnot, however you can do the research for yourself and see who else has done it prior to July 1st.
Old 07-05-13, 06:34 AM
CUTigers
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ImportMn86
Well i say the first person because i was the first to purchase before launch date. I had it since June 28th don't ask me how i was able to take it home before Launch date the point is if you search noone has done it yet. Im pretty sure by now some owners have installed their own exhaust systems and whatnot, however you can do the research for yourself and see who else has done it prior to July 1st.
Its the same motor as before. So technically its not the first on the motor :-p. Did you order it how you wanted or just take the normal packages? Do you know if its possible to get the F sport with leather?
Old 07-05-13, 06:47 AM
unc879wins
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think a "before and "after" would have been nice for comparison purposes. Maybe there's a link to a similar test of stock exhaust.
Old 07-05-13, 07:00 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

Nice! Sounds a little more burly and deeper. Any chance you can record the car accelerating as I'm sure it will have a deeper tone than in Park or Neutral revving.

Also, I assume you got a 5-10 hp more? Do you feel any change in acceleration?
Old 07-05-13, 07:05 AM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Sounds nice, good mod
Old 07-05-13, 07:16 AM
ImportMn86
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CUTigers
Its the same motor as before. So technically its not the first on the motor :-p. Did you order it how you wanted or just take the normal packages? Do you know if its possible to get the F sport with leather?
I totally agree about having the same motor but definitely not the same stock exhaust setup by far. On the new IS it comes factory xpipe and i didnt see any resonator like the previous Is350 model also has the cats after the xpipe so it makes a difference in sound, dont take my word for it I quickly glanced at the setup prior to them cutting off the old mufflers. If you youtube the test drive for the new Is they mention the exhaust is unique to give it a special sound at 3500+ rpms. Also i did order it how i wanted, all new lexus "f-sport" come with all leather instead of leather and cloth like it did before. My boss ordered the new Corvette "stingray" with white and red interior so i fell in love with the combination.
Old 07-05-13, 07:23 AM
ImportMn86
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Nice! Sounds a little more burly and deeper. Any chance you can record the car accelerating as I'm sure it will have a deeper tone than in Park or Neutral revving.

Also, I assume you got a 5-10 hp more? Do you feel any change in acceleration?
Yea ill try today to record while driving, as far as hp With the new mufflers i really dont feel a difference but then again its hard to feel 5-10hp difference you know.lol definitely faster than my C350 and Ive beaten 335i's with the benz so for the IS to be faster means a lot. And to answer ur question after three days with the new exhaust i do feel like the ECU adjusted to accelerate a bit more leaner so definitely accelerates a bit more aggressive. As far as intake goes theres myth busted videos of actually loosing horsepower with aftermarket intakes so i might not change tht verybsoon ;-).
Old 07-05-13, 07:36 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 287 Likes on 208 Posts

Yea ill try today to record while driving, as far as hp With the new mufflers i really dont feel a difference but then again its hard to feel 5-10hp difference you know.lol definitely faster than my C350 and Ive beaten 335i's with the benz so for the IS to be faster means a lot. And to answer ur question after three days with the new exhaust i do feel like the ECU adjusted to accelerate a bit more leaner so definitely accelerates a bit more aggressive. As far as intake goes theres myth busted videos of actually loosing horsepower with aftermarket intakes so i might not change tht verybsoon ;-).
Any thoughts on changing the air filter (K&N, F-Sport, etc)?
Old 07-05-13, 07:54 AM
ImportMn86
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by corradoMR2
Any thoughts on changing the air filter (K&N, F-Sport, etc)?
Yea most likely to K&N just because they're reusable and Ive had goodluck with that brand on all mycars.
Old 07-05-13, 07:58 AM
ImportMn86
Driver School Candidate

If ur trying to change to short ram i wud still go with K&N over F-Sport, Just because Ive seen the fsport and it doesnt catch my attention as far as quality or price for same gains.
Old 07-05-13, 08:44 AM
CUTigers
Lead Lap

I totally agree about having the same motor but definitely not the same stock exhaust setup by far. On the new IS it comes factory xpipe and i didnt see any resonator like the previous Is350 model also has the cats after the xpipe so it makes a difference in sound, dont take my word for it I quickly glanced at the setup prior to them cutting off the old mufflers. If you youtube the test drive for the new Is they mention the exhaust is unique to give it a special sound at 3500+ rpms. Also i did order it how i wanted, all new lexus "f-sport" come with all leather instead of leather and cloth like it did before. My boss ordered the new Corvette "stingray" with white and red interior so i fell in love with the combination.
Oo thats pretty interesting about the exhaust piping. I cant wait to see one in person.

On the lexus website when I choose the F sport package, it makes me get the "Rioja Red NuLuxe" interior which I thought was fake leather. Cant even choose a different color. Thats why I asked about real leather.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: First 2014 is350 with magnaflow?