IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

First 2014 is350 with magnaflow?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-13, 09:41 AM
jman-is350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ImportMn86
Well i say the first person because i was the first to purchase before launch date. I had it since June 28th don't ask me how i was able to take it home before Launch date the point is if you search noone has done it yet. Im pretty sure by now some owners have installed their own exhaust systems and whatnot, however you can do the research for yourself and see who else has done it prior to July 1st.
I actually beat you, I got my 14IS350 Fsport on 6/23 but the Magaflow is a nice addition. Can you do some fly-by videos? Thank you.

Im also curious to see if Tanabe will have something for our car soon.

Last edited by jman-is350; 07-05-13 at 09:45 AM.
Old 07-05-13, 10:15 AM
ImportMn86
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CUTigers
Oo thats pretty interesting about the exhaust piping. I cant wait to see one in person.

On the lexus website when I choose the F sport package, it makes me get the "Rioja Red NuLuxe" interior which I thought was fake leather. Cant even choose a different color. Thats why I asked about real leather.
OHH yea its really hard to find a vehicle with real leather, don't quote me on this but my C350 supposedly came with real leather only on the C350 Sport or C63 Amg and C300 and below would have Pleather??? BMW leather is the worst for sure!! Ive had my Mercedes for 3 years now and the leather is still brand new.

So here are some facts on NuLuxe AKA Faux Leather:

PROS
• polyurethane products are recognized as being environmentally friendly, synthetic materials
• No animals are harmed in making the material
• Can be produced in virtually any color, style or pattern
• Poly material is durable
• A high gloss finish can be achieved
• Easily cleaned with a damp cloth
Requires little maintenance
• Doesn’t crack
UV fade resistant

CONS
• Not breathable — especially PVC
• Doesn’t develop the same luster and patina as real leather
• More environmentally wasteful because real leather is a by-product of cows processed for their meat
• more easily torn or punctured :-(
• Doesn’t have the same hypo-allergetic qualities of real leather

So as you can see above those three reasons are why i felt confident in this new material, except that it easily torn or punctured (that would be expensive to fix).. Oh and no animals were harmed ;-).. Im a little weary of how to clean it but I think for now ill use the same cleaner as the Benz. One more thing i might add the "leather" or whatever the shift boot is made of is really fragile i already have a small hole in it hopefully it'll go away.
Old 07-05-13, 10:15 AM
justkramer
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jman-is350
I actually beat you, I got my 14IS350 Fsport on 6/23 but the Magaflow is a nice addition. Can you do some fly-by videos? Thank you.

Hey guys, I'm new to this forum. I just sold my 07IS250 and I'm purchasing the 14 IS350 Fsport this week. Was wondering if you had to pay full sticker or if your respective dealers were willing to negotiate. I'm only seeing $1k maximum discounts offered on this vehicle.
Old 07-05-13, 10:20 AM
CUTigers
Lead Lap

OHH yea its really hard to find a vehicle with real leather, don't quote me on this but my C350 supposedly came with real leather only on the C350 Sport or C63 Amg and C300 and below would have Pleather??? BMW leather is the worst for sure!! Ive had my Mercedes for 3 years now and the leather is still brand new.

So here are some facts on NuLuxe AKA Faux Leather:

PROS
• polyurethane products are recognized as being environmentally friendly, synthetic materials
• No animals are harmed in making the material
• Can be produced in virtually any color, style or pattern
• Poly material is durable
• A high gloss finish can be achieved
• Easily cleaned with a damp cloth
Requires little maintenance
• Doesn’t crack
UV fade resistant

CONS
• Not breathable — especially PVC
• Doesn’t develop the same luster and patina as real leather
• More environmentally wasteful because real leather is a by-product of cows processed for their meat
• more easily torn or punctured :-(
• Doesn’t have the same hypo-allergetic qualities of real leather

So as you can see above those three reasons are why i felt confident in this new material, except that it easily torn or punctured (that would be expensive to fix).. Oh and no animals were harmed ;-).. Im a little weary of how to clean it but I think for now ill use the same cleaner as the Benz. One more thing i might add the "leather" or whatever the shift boot is made of is really fragile i already have a small hole in it hopefully it'll go away.
Interesting. I had no problems with my BMW leather for over 2 years. The leather in my Lexus is def softer, scratched it some on the drivers seat. Took me 2 weeks after buying it to figure out what was doing it (Work ID badge). The same badge never cause the problem in my BMW. My Lexus seats are nicer than the BMW, not that I had any bad talk about those.
Old 07-05-13, 10:32 AM
ImportMn86
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jman-is350

Hey!! Very cool no i actually had the deal closed on June 25th and they said there was no way i can drive it out until July 1st due to Lexus policy. So on Friday i went back because i was going to be out of town for my Birthday, they felt bad and said they would lend me a ct200h for my trip there so i didn't have to waste gas. To my luck, they couldn't find a loaner car so they decided just to deliver it that day. And the following morning i took it to my local muffler shop lol . I guess they lied to me when they said my car would be the only one on the freeway in SoCal. lol
Old 07-05-13, 10:43 AM
ImportMn86
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by CUTigers
Interesting. I had no problems with my BMW leather for over 2 years. The leather in my Lexus is def softer, scratched it some on the drivers seat. Took me 2 weeks after buying it to figure out what was doing it (Work ID badge). The same badge never cause the problem in my BMW. My Lexus seats are nicer than the BMW, not that I had any bad talk about those.
Very understandable, your IS-F is for sure Leather so that's weird it would give you that issue. My bad experience with BMW is from years of trade ins coming in the worst shape of any other trade, if that makes any sense lol. Both my Dad and Uncle work for dealerships and from what i've seen in trade-ins BMW would come in the worst shape especially on the driver and passenger seats. Lexus, Benz, Audi, Volvo and even Acura would be okay but BMW would have its seats cracked and faded bad. I think it varies because you might take care of your cars so they might give you more flexibility and not crack as easily. Dont get me wrong BMW is an amazing car as far as looks, power and efficiency but after what Ive seen before it kind of haunts me.
BTW Is-F man what a great car!!! Congrats!
Old 07-05-13, 10:48 AM
ImportMn86
Driver School Candidate

Also is your BMW leather or Leatherette because for sure Leatherette is a little more stronger.
Old 07-05-13, 10:50 AM
CUTigers
Lead Lap

Very understandable, your IS-F is for sure Leather so that's weird it would give you that issue. My bad experience with BMW is from years of trade ins coming in the worst shape of any other trade, if that makes any sense lol. Both my Dad and Uncle work for dealerships and from what i've seen in trade-ins BMW would come in the worst shape especially on the driver and passenger seats. Lexus, Benz, Audi, Volvo and even Acura would be okay but BMW would have its seats cracked and faded bad. I think it varies because you might take care of your cars so they might give you more flexibility and not crack as easily. Dont get me wrong BMW is an amazing car as far as looks, power and efficiency but after what Ive seen before it kind of haunts me.
BTW Is-F man what a great car!!! Congrats!
Ah, I was just curious on your insight. I came from my one and only BMW to the F, the 335 was 5.5 years old when I got rid of it. You have more experience with multiple cars so Ill take your word for it on the condition of the leather generally and overall on the market lol.

These 14's have my eye though. Going to a local launch event at a dealer soon, shall see it in person. I just never really cared for fake leather, and Im afraid thats the only way to get the FSport.

EDIT: It was the real leather. It was a fully loaded 335i sedan minus navi. Broke down to often for me, had to come try out the Lexus world lol

Sorry to the OP for jacking your exhaust thread and asking about leather lol

Last edited by CUTigers; 07-05-13 at 10:55 AM.
Old 07-05-13, 11:17 AM
ImportMn86
Driver School Candidate

^^^^ I understand, and yes most likely if you want the red leather your going to get NuLux. If I were you i would wait to see what the new Is-F 2015 will look like because if the Is350 is the way it is imagine the possibilities?? lol

Also I will record a normal drive today if i can and a drive-by another day lol.
Old 07-05-13, 11:25 AM
CUTigers
Lead Lap

^^^^ I understand, and yes most likely if you want the red leather your going to get NuLux. If I were you i would wait to see what the new Is-F 2015 will look like because if the Is350 is the way it is imagine the possibilities?? lol

Also I will record a normal drive today if i can and a drive-by another day lol.
Eh, i dont have my hopes up for them coming out with a 3IS F. And if they do come out with one, or that RF-RC coupe thing. It will most likely by $70k, out of my budget lol
Old 07-05-13, 11:29 AM
ImportMn86
Driver School Candidate

In that case 3IS is the way to go lol.
Old 07-05-13, 06:16 PM
CUTigers
Lead Lap

In that case 3IS is the way to go lol.
Might just keep my F, just hit 10,000 miles lol
Old 07-05-13, 06:27 PM
ImportMn86
Driver School Candidate

Dannngg 10,000 thats nothing! U only drive it in the weekends? Lol
Anywho here is a video promised it really sucks i didnt know i was moving so much but the point is to hear the exhaust note so close ur eyes and enjoy also didnt have my mic so sounds a pinch better in person. I drove around my block speed limit was 45 and kind of heavy trtraffic so i wasnt trying to kill anyone. The car was going crazy fast on sport mode so i drove it on eco mode instead.

If u listen to it with earphones u can here it better.
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=em-upload_owner&v=vMfxil6QVjc&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DvMfxil6QVjc%26feature%3Dem-upload_owner
Old 07-05-13, 06:35 PM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 290 Likes on 211 Posts

Dannngg 10,000 thats nothing! U only drive it in the weekends? Lol
Anywho here is a video promised it really sucks i didnt know i was moving so much but the point is to hear the exhaust note so close ur eyes and enjoy also didnt have my mic so sounds a pinch better in person. I drove around my block speed limit was 45 and kind of heavy trtraffic so i wasnt trying to kill anyone. The car was going crazy fast on sport mode so i drove it on eco mode instead.

If u listen to it with earphones u can here it better.
YouTube
Got my ear phones plugged in, clicked the video. "This video does not exist"
Old 07-05-13, 06:39 PM
ImportMn86
Driver School Candidate

Just wait it just uploaded promise lol it that to me for the other videos too.

Quick Reply: First 2014 is350 with magnaflow?