IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

missing options on F Sport

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-13, 05:43 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I hope you can make it happen Hoovey. I was disappointed to find limited options at 1st and was gonna get a regular IS until I learned that I had to special order even something like Adaptive Cruise Control. But I own a business -- I get why they're doing what they're doing. It's nothing personal -- it's just business.
Old 07-02-13, 05:50 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Glashub
I hope you can make it happen Hoovey. I was disappointed to find limited options at 1st and was gonna get a regular IS until I learned that I had to special order even something like Adaptive Cruise Control. But I own a business -- I get why they're doing what they're doing. It's nothing personal -- it's just business.
Blueprint has already started climbing the latter and and few other members have the ear at the very least of some corporate moguls. Maybe I can incite a riot

I understand business, but I also understand doing the right thing. That said I'm sure you do the best you can for your customers which may (or may not) be easier for a small business owner than some large corporation like Toyota/Lexus
Old 07-02-13, 10:30 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
Actually it needs to be on middle or L. If you have it on R it disables the auto-tilt.

Jeff
In my 2006 IS or 2011 RX, the behaviour is not what you described. In my case, the reverse auto-tilt is activated when you have the switch in either R or L position. In the middle position, the feature is disabled.
Old 07-02-13, 10:32 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
Must be a Canadian thing. Not here. Every car on are lot with that function only works in L or R. Middle disables..
It is not a Canadian setting. Both my 2006 IS and 2011 RX have the auto-reverse tilt enabled in L or R.
Old 07-02-13, 10:39 PM
AndyL
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
What's so counter about our arguments? OP proposed "Missing Options on F-Sport". Seems pretty relevant to me. Genesis is a great value, but I've said for years that it's fluff when it comes to the nit and grit. Questionable build quality etc.. This is still Lexus which has learned from the early 2006/2007 L-Finesse models that they can't cut corners. CT and 2013 GS really sparked a resurgence in quality for Lexus. Materials have improved significantly on the GS, whereas the ES suffers poorly for a "Luxury" titled car. 3IS is more or less on par with the industry (looking at you 3-Sereis), but the 3IS seems more about that goal of "most fun to drive in segment" rather than uphold that L badge and original qualities. Point is they should of kept both. Sit in the new Q50 and a 3IS back to back and there is far more luxury in the Q50. Can't owners have both Luxury and Sport not forced to pick one?
I can witness what you said about the comparison between a Q50 and a 3IS in terms of perceived interior quality. I spent some time in a dealership preview of Q50.

Q50 has better quality on the finishing of the door panels. However, for the centre cluster and the control dial (equivalent to the Lexus remote touch/LDA), I find the Q50 uses too much shiny black plastic. It makes me remind of cheap computer desktop tower in shiny black plastic. So for the interior, I may give it a tie between these two contenders.

However, the interior of 3IS as a whole still appeals more to me as it looks more sporty and lively. There is some great qualities unspoken in the 3IS interior. Or maybe I am biased since I came from 2IS and this is a Lexus forum.

Last edited by AndyL; 07-02-13 at 10:46 PM.
Old 07-02-13, 11:07 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too am extremely frustrated at the lack of options on the F-Sport. I understand there's no such thing as the "perfect" car, but the 3IS, at least for this first model year makes way too many compromises IMO. Very few options, obvious cost cutting in several areas and a dated power plant.

I'm still hopeful that the lack of options will be addressed when Lexus introduces it's new engines. I still don't think much, if anything will be done with some of the cost cutting in certain areas, but if I can have the options I want coupled with a shiny new, modern power plant, that would be enough for me to drive my 2IS into the dealership and drive my 3IS out of there.
Old 07-02-13, 11:50 PM
D&G
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One thing no one mentioned is the weak rear bumper that doesn't match up to the aggressive front end. I think the TRD rear should of been standard for the Fsport.
Old 07-02-13, 11:52 PM
355F1
Racer

Received 596 Likes on 382 Posts

I am in love with the new IS after finally seeing 5 of them in person in one day last weekend at my Lexus dealer.

I live in Arizona.....ventilated seats are a HUGE deal for me.

Wanna know the only thing I don't like about the F-Sport...????

Am I the only person here who absolutely HATES the Nuluxe crap???? It is hot (granted, I do live in Arizona) and looks so ridiculously cheap with the deviated stitching...ugh....disgusting. I have had a few loaner ES's/CT's with it and I hate it.

I wish I could have the F-Sport in white with that gorgeous red interior in leather....

I hate to say it...but when I replace my 2010 IS 250 AWD next year I think I am going to have to go with a IS 350, but with the Luxury package instead of the F-Sport....which sucks because the F-Sport is beautiful.....

Yes, I realize BMW, Audi, MBZ all have their fake leather....but at least they give their clients an OPTION to buy it with their entry level vehicles.

Last edited by 355F1; 07-02-13 at 11:56 PM.
Old 07-03-13, 05:23 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by blksolara
No power tilt and telescoping steering wheel

What is this? I have a F sport and the steering wheel does have a motor.
do you have the VGRS? I think it comes with that. Heck for the 2IS you dont get the power wheel unless you get the sport or luxury packages anyways.
Old 07-03-13, 05:58 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

To those of you with issues with the 2014 IS F-sport. DON’T DRIVE IT! Because when you do – it’s instant love and you’ll be magically willing to overlook it’s flaws.

Acura is regarded the smart luxury budget entry level luxury price leader. The MSRP for the TL-SHAWD is $46,280.

You get ventilated seats
BSM
6 spd tranny
All wheel drive
Tilt outside rear view mirrors
Memory seats
Leather seats

You don’t get
Power tilt steering
Autodim outside mirrors
Puddle lights
Rain sensing wipers
Adaptive cruise
Sound proofing
Useful nav and voice commands

I could go on but you see where I’m going with this – it’s all about production costs, historical data on what sells where, etc.

It won’t get any better if the yen continues to rebound vs. the dollar. If you want features at a certain price point you may have to buy a Sonata F-sport
Old 07-03-13, 06:33 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I believe the reason why the F-Sport doesn't have the options of the luxury pkg is because Toyota doesn't want to add a few thousand more the a F-Sport list price.
Same with the GS.
Luxury pkg and F-Sport models pretty have the same list price.
Old 07-03-13, 03:08 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by AndyL
It is not a Canadian setting. Both my 2006 IS and 2011 RX have the auto-reverse tilt enabled in L or R.
Then perhaps Jeff Lange's car is "special"
Old 07-03-13, 03:10 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by AndyL
I can witness what you said about the comparison between a Q50 and a 3IS in terms of perceived interior quality. I spent some time in a dealership preview of Q50.

Q50 has better quality on the finishing of the door panels. However, for the centre cluster and the control dial (equivalent to the Lexus remote touch/LDA), I find the Q50 uses too much shiny black plastic. It makes me remind of cheap computer desktop tower in shiny black plastic. So for the interior, I may give it a tie between these two contenders.

However, the interior of 3IS as a whole still appeals more to me as it looks more sporty and lively. There is some great qualities unspoken in the 3IS interior. Or maybe I am biased since I came from 2IS and this is a Lexus forum.
One of my biggest comparisons was just the door padding which was elegant, and full of lines and a diamond pattern stitch on the Q50, whereas just the top portion of the 3IS door was decent, ends up as just plain hard plastic at the bottom

Agreed there are lots of black shiny plastics on the Q50 center console.
Old 07-03-13, 03:13 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by Joeb427
I believe the reason why the F-Sport doesn't have the options of the luxury pkg is because Toyota doesn't want to add a few thousand more the a F-Sport list price.
Same with the GS.
Luxury pkg and F-Sport models pretty have the same list price.
But the 3IS F-Sport doesn't get leather as an option so there is no ventilation, whereas ventilation is standard across the 4GS F-Sport, Lux, and base
Old 07-03-13, 03:20 PM
gocubs08
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I miss the ETC from the 2IS. I liked the ability to make the gas pedal super sensitive..

Quick Reply: missing options on F Sport