IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

missing options on F Sport

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-13, 02:32 PM
blksolara
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

No power tilt and telescoping steering wheel

What is this? I have a F sport and the steering wheel does have a motor.
Old 07-02-13, 02:36 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by blksolara

Glad to hear. Our preproduction F-Sports did not and they were full spec
Old 07-02-13, 02:40 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411
The problem lies in that none of the items mentioned are an "OPTION" (on the F-Sport). As a buyer we should have the option not some specific package forced down our throats. If the buyer (me) wants to spend the extra money well then Lexus needs to take that money and get me what I want. BMW and Porsche will gladly make a vehicle with nearly any option available on the car if the buyer wants it.
As a owner of a USB model you should know what I'm talking about

Not wanted by who? People that they polled what feature content should be in the F-Sport? (doubtful). You don't think people in hot states want ventilated seats on their sporty car when they can't stomach the look of a lux/base model IS? No no that's just an excuse. If leather is an option on luxury then it needs to be an option on F-Sport.

Exactly
Acura killed the RL by delivering everything it had in the TL at almost the same price -- just a few thousand less than the base RL. I'd wager that the option list is limited because they don't want to do what Acura did -- blur the line between the GS and the IS. IS has to stay at a price/option point so the GS can remain the next tier to aspire towards.
Old 07-02-13, 02:59 PM
kabgolf1
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by blksolara

When I ordered mine in May, the power tilt and telescoping wheel came with the VGRS option for 350 RWD only.
Old 07-02-13, 03:06 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by Glashub
Acura killed the RL by delivering everything it had in the TL at almost the same price -- just a few thousand less than the base RL. I'd wager that the option list is limited because they don't want to do what Acura did -- blur the line between the GS and the IS. IS has to stay at a price/option point so the GS can remain the next tier to aspire towards.
Acura killed the RL because it's the same size as the TL with no distinction - and yes some feature content.

The GS is a bigger car than the IS. The line is already blurred. We're just asking for options. The price difference between an IS F-Sport and GS-F-Sport is roughly $9K. There is plenty of wiggle room to add some of the aforementioned items.
Old 07-02-13, 03:19 PM
D&G
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

- No leather option
- No power tilt and telescoping steering wheel
- No memory seats
- No USB
- No sport dead pedal (GS gets it..)
- No HUD option

Lexus stop packaging things so poorly and stop being cheap. You're supposed to be tier 1. Don't make me choose a cake and not be able to eat it too..
I agree with the above noted items. Most of those items comes standard for a car under $30K these days

What bothers me is the seat ventilation and no leather for standard option for the F-sport. C'mon ppl, you are paying between $40-55K for this car and some of you are ok with it??? I know there are a few items that are improved for the 3IS but these the above are no brainers.
Old 07-02-13, 03:23 PM
D&G
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Speaking of Acura TL, my buddy has the 3G TL and whenever he puts his gear in reverse for parallel parking the right hand mirror would aim down so you can see how close you are parked by the curb preventing your from scratching your wheels. This function is so cool and especially helpful for the guys that have agressive wheel set ups here
Old 07-02-13, 03:23 PM
LexFather

And most of these options are available in Europe/Japan FYI

Originally Posted by kabgolf1
When I ordered mine in May, the power tilt and telescoping wheel came with the VGRS option for 350 RWD only.
This is correct and I don't think relayed to the public.
Old 07-02-13, 03:42 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by D&G
Speaking of Acura TL, my buddy has the 3G TL and whenever he puts his gear in reverse for parallel parking the right hand mirror would aim down so you can see how close you are parked by the curb preventing your from scratching your wheels. This function is so cool and especially helpful for the guys that have agressive wheel set ups here
Most Lexus's have a tilt function on the mirror while in reverse. You just have to have your mirror set to L or R. Can't be in the middle or it neuters the function

Originally Posted by Blueprint
And most of these options are available in Europe/Japan FYI
All the more reason they SHOULD be OPTIONS on American Spec IS's. Makes no sense. It can be done.
Old 07-02-13, 03:50 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 584 Likes on 393 Posts

Most Lexus's have a tilt function on the mirror while in reverse. You just have to have your mirror set to L or R. Can't be in the middle or it neuters the function.
Actually it needs to be on middle or L. If you have it on R it disables the auto-tilt.

Jeff
Old 07-02-13, 03:52 PM
rayaans
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I think its perfectly reasonable. Audi charge for these things and I dont see why Lexus should include it as standard either. BTW we get all this in the UK apart from the leather and HUD but nuluxe is just as good if not better than leather in some ways. IMHO, the IS is priced very competitively. Its cheaper than a similiar specified Golf GTI and the c class, a4 and 3 series will be priced much higher with the same options so to be honest, i think its unfair how you can complain about these little things.

Its not a damn honda! Its a Lexus!
Old 07-02-13, 04:00 PM
Hoovey689

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
Actually it needs to be on middle or L. If you have it on R it disables the auto-tilt.

Jeff
Must be a Canadian thing. Not here. Every car on are lot with that function only works in L or R. Middle disables..
Old 07-02-13, 04:37 PM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

You guys are too much. You're obviously smart -- you can afford a Lexus but you don't get marketing and economics. I am okay with the IS as it is. I think it's an outstanding car as it is. I would like to have been able to add a luxury package but that would've put the car at about 53K -- GS territory. Forums are a blessing until I buy something but not after because the malcontents shout so loudly. I've owned a lot of cars -- the IS F-sport is superb -- as it is.

I anyone read my posts you'd know I owned a feature rich car named the Genesis which retailed for 47K and you'd know that I experienced 1st hand where they cut corners. People don't want to have a discussion or they'd read the posts of others. Instead it seems imo that most come with a set agenda which is counter to discussion and edification.

Last edited by Glashub; 07-02-13 at 04:48 PM.
Old 07-02-13, 04:49 PM
Hoovey689

You guys are too much. You're obviously smart -- you can afford a Lexus but you don't get marketing and economics. I am okay with the IS as it is. I think it's an outstanding car as it is. I would like to have been able to add a luxury package but that would've put the car at about 53K -- GS territory. Forums are a blessing until I buy something but not after because the malcontents shout so loudly. I've owned a lot of cars -- the IS F-sport is superb -- as it is.
And for those who are limited to their options because of region? Makes no sense. Point in case lack of ventilation on this "revered new IS F-Sport" for those in hot climate states. Or hard to get AWD in Cali - maybe I like to go to Tahoe a lot during winter. Point is Lexus has it's customers by the b***s and that is not a good business practice, just a sad reality. And if it means shouting from the rooftops to get Lexus to change their ways then I'll do what I can. May not change anything but at least we tried.

Where the IS ends the GS begins. Here's your magic number which is essentially where the GS starts as base. F-Sport is typically $57K and Lux is $58K. There's still wiggle room.
Old 07-02-13, 04:56 PM
Hoovey689

I anyone read my posts you'd know I owned a feature rich car named the Genesis which retailed for 47K and you'd know that I experienced 1st hand where they cut corners. People don't want to have a discussion or they'd read the posts of others. Instead it seems imo that most come with a set agenda which is counter to discussion and edification.
What's so counter about our arguments? OP proposed "Missing Options on F-Sport". Seems pretty relevant to me. Genesis is a great value, but I've said for years that it's fluff when it comes to the nit and grit. Questionable build quality etc.. This is still Lexus which has learned from the early 2006/2007 L-Finesse models that they can't cut corners. CT and 2013 GS really sparked a resurgence in quality for Lexus. Materials have improved significantly on the GS, whereas the ES suffers poorly for a "Luxury" titled car. 3IS is more or less on par with the industry (looking at you 3-Sereis), but the 3IS seems more about that goal of "most fun to drive in segment" rather than uphold that L badge and original qualities. Point is they should of kept both. Sit in the new Q50 and a 3IS back to back and there is far more luxury in the Q50. Can't owners have both Luxury and Sport not forced to pick one?

Quick Reply: missing options on F Sport