Pic of Your 3IS RIGHT NOW!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-14, 09:54 AM
sunnyx213
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by F350
Finally replaced my TRD front lip with the Aimgain carbon kit

are you selling your TRD front lip? if so, PM me please!
Old 07-12-14, 10:24 AM
OrionLex
Driver

Originally Posted by dstopsie
Hi

My 20% is not street legal. I have 20% on it all around with the exception of course of the windshield.

I just watch for cops and roll down my window when I see a cop.

I love my tint. I wouldn't get anything lighter cuz I love the look of the 20%.
Ah, that makes more sense - I didn't think anybody tinted their front windshields, but I was momentarily confused since the front shot makes the front window look so dark! Now I realize it's probably 'cuz it's just really dark in your car, from the other tinted windows and it being a night shot...

I just found out that even though my state allows tinting as dark as 35% on the side and rear windows, my stupid city actually forbids any tinting on the front side windows - wtf?!? Not sure what to do now...
Old 07-12-14, 12:05 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't realize city and state could have different laws for that. How does that work if you move in from another city in your state? Talk about keeping people confused.
Old 07-12-14, 12:21 PM
Stitch626
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Absolutely loving my new ARK Grip exhaust system!!
Attached Thumbnails Pic of Your 3IS RIGHT NOW!-image-409086950.jpg  
Old 07-12-14, 10:11 PM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Here is the pic of my new IS350 Fsport after it was glass coated today. The guy in the pic is Joe from Superior Shine mobile detailing in Arcadia!! Car looks amazing. Even had my rims coated too. With this coating the more it hardens the shinier it gets. This was taken right after it was coated.
Attached Thumbnails Pic of Your 3IS RIGHT NOW!-image.jpg  
Old 07-12-14, 11:11 PM
OrionLex
Driver

Originally Posted by SonyHome
I didn't realize city and state could have different laws for that. How does that work if you move in from another city in your state? Talk about keeping people confused.
That's a good question - wouldn't it suck if you were just visiting from out of town but got a ticket just because you didn't know that the city forbids front window tinting?? Like I said, not sure what to do now - maybe I should just move...

edit: I've been reading in several places that they ticket indiscriminately here, regardless of whether you're a native or from out of town - wtf?!? So lemme change that to - maybe I should move and never come back??

Last edited by OrionLex; 07-13-14 at 02:05 AM.
Old 07-12-14, 11:35 PM
OrionLex
Driver

Here is the pic of my new IS350 Fsport after it was glass coated today. The guy in the pic is Joe from Superior Shine mobile detailing in Arcadia!! Car looks amazing. Even had my rims coated too. With this coating the more it hardens the shinier it gets. This was taken right after it was coated.
That's interesting - never heard of glass coating, is it pricey? And is it actual glass (ie - can it crack)?
Old 07-13-14, 06:22 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by OrionLex
Ah, that makes more sense - I didn't think anybody tinted their front windshields, but I was momentarily confused since the front shot makes the front window look so dark! Now I realize it's probably 'cuz it's just really dark in your car, from the other tinted windows and it being a night shot...

I just found out that even though my state allows tinting as dark as 35% on the side and rear windows, my stupid city actually forbids any tinting on the front side windows - wtf?!? Not sure what to do now...
It's really dark in my car cause my windows are tinted at 20% which is only a grade away from limo tinting. Also it was an early morning shot. My windows are very dark. That's the way I like them.
Old 07-13-14, 06:27 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

That's interesting - never heard of glass coating, is it pricey? And is it actual glass (ie - can it crack)?
It's a protective coating that contains actual glass particles to form a hard coating called 22ple. You can google it.

I had it on my last car and I wouldn't have a new car without it. Makes a huge difference to protect your paint and when you wash the car the water just sheets off your car and doesn't stay there. It's not cheap and but it's worth it. And I trust my detailer who does Ferrari's, Bugatti's, Lamborghini's, and Enzo Ferrari's to apply the best product that he finds are great.
Old 07-13-14, 08:18 AM
DoomBuggy
Rookie

That's a good question - wouldn't it suck if you were just visiting from out of town but got a ticket just because you didn't know that the city forbids front window tinting?? Like I said, not sure what to do now - maybe I should just move...

edit: I've been reading in several places that they ticket indiscriminately here, regardless of whether you're a native or from out of town - wtf?!? So lemme change that to - maybe I should move and never come back??

As far as I know, you cant get ticketed for tint with out of state plates. I know plenty of folks in VA that use relatives' addresses in Florida to get FL tags (they have virtually no tint laws and don't require a front plate).

And regarding the conversation of tinting the front windshield, its not out of the question either. I had 35% tint on my Acura's windshield during college. Seen a few 3IS members with tinted windshields as well.
Old 07-13-14, 10:20 AM
bruteshot2
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi everyone

Here is my latest and greatest. IS350fsport ultra white/red

Got rid of my black 2014 is250 fsport cause I just couldn't stand cleaning it anymore. I must say after eight years of driving the 250 and now going into the 350, what a world of difference if you can swing it definitely go 350 much nicer handling acceleration the Mark Levinson stereo is incredible and I am a extremely happy camper. Didn't know what I was missing until I got the 350

Will post some better pics over the weekend when I get a chance to take some shots but for now, meet snow white. Windows are tinted at 20% all around by my favorite tint shop Sunshield in Sherman Oaks California.

She's all set Saturday to have her glass coating applied!!
Congrats on the new car Debbie! I'm gonna miss shots of the Black Beauty. Yours was always so spotless and flawless Enjoy the 350
Old 07-13-14, 10:46 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bruteshot2
Congrats on the new car Debbie! I'm gonna miss shots of the Black Beauty. Yours was always so spotless and flawless Enjoy the 350
Thank you! I know I tried to maintain it but it is just so much work. I really got the bug to unload it in April when my detailer could not even clay it because it was scratching the paint. To fly it he would have had to correct it after.

I was lucky to get into the 3250. Love the pearl Ultra White, it is beautiful. Should be a lot easier to maintain. Its really the color I wanted in the first place. Love the 350, its my first one. Very impressed with the power, handling and Mark Levinson sound system.
Old 07-13-14, 11:09 AM
gvan1998
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by DoomBuggy
As far as I know, you cant get ticketed for tint with out of state plates. I know plenty of folks in VA that use relatives' addresses in Florida to get FL tags (they have virtually no tint laws and don't require a front plate).

And regarding the conversation of tinting the front windshield, its not out of the question either. I had 35% tint on my Acura's windshield during college. Seen a few 3IS members with tinted windshields as well.
You still can get ticketed even with out of state plates, its up to the officers discretion. For example, radar detectors are legal in MD, soon as you cross into va its illegal and you will get a ticket. Just because your state laws allow it it doesn't mean its legal in other states.
Old 07-16-14, 06:30 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Here is a full body shot after application of 22PLE coating.
Attached Thumbnails Pic of Your 3IS RIGHT NOW!-image.jpg  
Old 07-16-14, 07:23 PM
vgsison
Driver School Candidate

While waiting for my TRD parts, just keeping my car squeaky clean.

Name:  af966b0f-9f8f-412e-b39e-9051f332ffcb_zps84967e81.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  88.4 KB

Butt shot!

Quick Reply: Pic of Your 3IS RIGHT NOW!