IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Price Paid for an IS250/350?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-15, 10:03 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GunCrazy
True I agree, but we both live in FL. And I just got my 350 F Sport for 375/m. That was with military discount, so hes probably looking at $390-$400.
That's really good. How much was the military discount? Did u put anything down? I see you put down MSD $3,xxx thats why!!! Without MsD you wouldn't get a deal like this. Is he is doing the MsD too? If not then $400/m almost unreal. You cant give him advice based on your deal period!!

Last edited by FastTags; 06-28-15 at 10:09 AM.
Old 06-28-15, 10:09 AM
GunCrazy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FastTags
That's really good. How much was the military discount? Did u put anything down? I see you put down MSD $3,xxx thats why!!! Without MsD you wouldn't get a deal like this. Is he is doing the MsD too? Of not then $400/m almost unreal
I agree, Thats why I recommended for him to use MSDs. You get it back at the end, you cant beat that!!

Military Discount was $750
Old 06-28-15, 10:14 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I agree, Thats why I recommended for him to use MSDs. You get it back at the end, you cant beat that!!

Military Discount was $750
Absolutely msd is the way to go!
Old 06-28-15, 05:19 PM
tomtendo
Driver School Candidate

Bro with your credit score you should be getting way better money factors. You can even use MSD to bring your money factor down, (which I recommend). But those numbers are really high man, I know several dealerships you can get $385-$400 with tax included and 0 money down. And those numbers are for 27months it would be even cheaper with 36months, So if your payment is $431 its actually $486 because of the down payment. They are literally having a special with 0 down, and I think that's lexus wide. In your position I would not pay over $400 with 0 down. Look into MSDs, they will bring your money factor down to lowest possible. Like I said if you are willing to make a drive I can hook you up. I was willing to make a 4hr drive to pick up one of the deals, but ended up getting a local deal which worked out.

Those numbers are still high, I mean what features are you getting with no numbers, mine are all only with navigation/BSM, not additional features.
What dealers? I would love the payment to be 385 or under 400. They're saying my money factor is .0009. Should be closer to almost zero with my score... Let me know what dealers you know I can talk to.
Old 06-28-15, 05:34 PM
tomtendo
Driver School Candidate

Bro with your credit score you should be getting way better money factors. You can even use MSD to bring your money factor down, (which I recommend). But those numbers are really high man, I know several dealerships you can get $385-$400 with tax included and 0 money down. And those numbers are for 27months it would be even cheaper with 36months, So if your payment is $431 its actually $486 because of the down payment. They are literally having a special with 0 down, and I think that's lexus wide. In your position I would not pay over $400 with 0 down. Look into MSDs, they will bring your money factor down to lowest possible. Like I said if you are willing to make a drive I can hook you up. I was willing to make a 4hr drive to pick up one of the deals, but ended up getting a local deal which worked out.

Those numbers are still high, I mean what features are you getting with no numbers, mine are all only with navigation/BSM, not additional features.
Also to make matters worse, it turns out that they're charging me a 700 acquisition fee. He's putting this acquisition fee on the depreciation of the car cause my payment to be 451/mo

I first spoke with a girl and she sent me over the number run down and she never listed this acquisition fee. So we went back and fourth and I stated your numbers don't add up. Eventually another guy called me and told me about the rent fee. I said well you never showed that in the numbers. So I said okay, let me check the numbers and get back to you. I did and I came up with 431/mo and I said I still don't know how you're getting to 451. He finally told me about the 700 acquisition fee. Which indeed would bring it to their number.

They originally showed that my 2000 minus my 180 cap cost would cover the title fees and doc fee, taxes, etc. But now it's not at all because of this acquisition fee.

They're being really shady.

Can you explain how I can do MSD?
Old 06-28-15, 05:50 PM
GunCrazy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tomtendo
Also to make matters worse, it turns out that they're charging me a 700 acquisition fee. He's putting this acquisition fee on the depreciation of the car cause my payment to be 451/mo

I first spoke with a girl and she sent me over the number run down and she never listed this acquisition fee. So we went back and fourth and I stated your numbers don't add up. Eventually another guy called me and told me about the rent fee. I said well you never showed that in the numbers. So I said okay, let me check the numbers and get back to you. I did and I came up with 431/mo and I said I still don't know how you're getting to 451. He finally told me about the 700 acquisition fee. Which indeed would bring it to their number.

They originally showed that my 2000 minus my 180 cap cost would cover the title fees and doc fee, taxes, etc. But now it's not at all because of this acquisition fee.

They're being really shady.

Can you explain how I can do MSD?
Ya a lot of them can be shady, that's why when you talk to them you have to be firm, and know what you are talking about, Let them know that you want 0 down, and want to know exactly how much you will be paying after taxes. Also you have been talking to several other dealerships who have quoted you for around 400.

MSDs basically bring your money factor to nothing, mine was at .00010. And you get it back at the end of the lease, which is awesome. There is a thread on MSDs that gives you all the information you need.

I will message you the details on the UW/Red interior 350 F sport, that was my best deal.
Old 06-28-15, 06:51 PM
ashleep
Driver School Candidate

Just purchased my first Lexus (and car) ever! I bought a pearl white 2015 IS 250 with black interior. MSRP: 38,548 (base with back-up camera and spoiler) and I paid 33,500 pre-tax. Total: 36,958 out the door!

Hopefully this was a good deal, but I couldn't wait any longer! It was so difficult trying to find this color combo but I'm super excited
Old 06-28-15, 08:07 PM
tomtendo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bgaerttner
You're doing good - keep it up - target for a 425 payment including tax with only the 500 lease incentive used as your drive off. If you're going to put 2-2500 up front, use it for MSDs to lower the money factor.
If I ask for another 1K off the sale price, does that affect the residual value they gave me?
Old 06-29-15, 12:10 AM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

If I ask for another 1K off the sale price, does that affect the residual value they gave me?
I see you are going through a learning process on the ins and outs of vehicle leasing. The residual is a percentage value of the vehicle msrp at lease end based on how long you lease it for and how many miles you agreed to on the lease - it won't change by changing the selling price. The lower the selling price, the lower your payment because the difference between the selling price and residual becomes smaller. Also, all leases have the activation fee - it's just a fact of life in leasing - comes with the territory so to speak - that's why it's important to negotiate the lowest possible sale price - it takes some of the sting out of paying that fee. Keep going the way you are - you're doing good and making progress on this. I absolutely agree with GunCrazy and FastTags though - if you plan on plunking down a couple grand or so up front, use that money to lower the money factor with MSDs and roll all the other fees into the lease payment. You will get your MSDs back at the end of the lease - it's a great return on investment. Keep plugging away at this and bring the dealer info to the forum and we'll let you know what we think.
Old 06-29-15, 12:27 AM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ashleep
Just purchased my first Lexus (and car) ever! I bought a pearl white 2015 IS 250 with black interior. MSRP: 38,548 (base with back-up camera and spoiler) and I paid 33,500 pre-tax. Total: 36,958 out the door!

Hopefully this was a good deal, but I couldn't wait any longer! It was so difficult trying to find this color combo but I'm super excited
That's a very good deal for your first time - about 13% off msrp - a very solid discount.

Congrats, enjoy your new car, and welcome to the forum!
Old 06-29-15, 11:45 AM
MiamiGuy28
Driver School Candidate

http://www.lexusoffortmyers.com/Vehi...-FL/2418308513

How can I knock this down? MSRP seems high... I wanna be paying around 331/mo (after tax), which is what I currently pay for a 2013 G27S.
I purchased my 2014 Lexus IS350 white/red at Lexus of Pembroke Pines here in South Florida. My MSRP was almost exactly yours and I got it reduced to $40,826.33.

Total cost OTD with TTL and all fees was $45,700 off the lot. Hope that helps. Not sure if that's a bargain at the present considering I bought it last August right before the 2015's were released. I recall my MSRP being $48k+.

Last edited by MiamiGuy28; 06-29-15 at 11:48 AM.
Old 07-01-15, 10:40 AM
Second2Non
Driver School Candidate

Default Leasing in NYC is250 AWS

Hello All! it has been over 3 years, I miss the community.
I currently have an offer for a Red on Black 250 AWD. MSRP is 44,982. I don't have all the numbers yet- but right now we are looking at 36 months/15K miles for 350 a month taxes included. 2500 out of pocket not including TTL.

It might sound a bit high but keep in mind I currently have a Hyundai Sonata lease with 7 months remaining- dealer said they will take care of it(the remaining payments). is it possible I am getting a bad deal?

Thanks!
Old 07-01-15, 01:16 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Second2Non
Hello All! it has been over 3 years, I miss the community.
I currently have an offer for a Red on Black 250 AWD. MSRP is 44,982. I don't have all the numbers yet- but right now we are looking at 36 months/15K miles for 350 a month taxes included. 2500 out of pocket not including TTL.

It might sound a bit high but keep in mind I currently have a Hyundai Sonata lease with 7 months remaining- dealer said they will take care of it(the remaining payments). is it possible I am getting a bad deal?

Thanks!
If we had the selling price, residual, and total fees we'd be able to give you an idea. Sounds a bit steep though with 2500 up front. Could you clarify "taxes included" and "not including TTL"?

When they say they will "take care of the remaining payments," they probably mean you are trading the Sonata in - better confirm where you stand on any possible negative equity being rolled into your new lease.
Old 07-02-15, 06:56 AM
gfunk
Driver School Candidate

Default 2015 IS 350 F Sport

So,

I'm starting to look at pricing for a 2015 IS350 F Sport in Ultra White w/Stratus Gray interior. Options include:
  • Navigation System
  • Blind Spot Monitor w/Rear Cross Traffic Alert
  • F Sport Package
  • All Weather floor mats
  • Rear Lip Spoiler
  • Accessory package

The MSRP on the car is $49,963 and I'm being offered $43799 (without TTL). I'm in MD and I'd be paying cash for that car. I'm pretty sure I've seen deals in CA that seem better than this. What do y'all think?

-g
Old 07-02-15, 08:15 AM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by gfunk
So,

I'm starting to look at pricing for a 2015 IS350 F Sport in Ultra White w/Stratus Gray interior. Options include:
  • Navigation System
  • Blind Spot Monitor w/Rear Cross Traffic Alert
  • F Sport Package
  • All Weather floor mats
  • Rear Lip Spoiler
  • Accessory package

The MSRP on the car is $49,963 and I'm being offered $43799 (without TTL). I'm in MD and I'd be paying cash for that car. I'm pretty sure I've seen deals in CA that seem better than this. What do y'all think?

-g
I get an MSRP of $49158 with those options, and I assumed RWD.
Invoice is $46079 for that MSRP, so let's assume $46,600 for your car. You are $2801 under invoice, which is not bad at all.

Quick Reply: Price Paid for an IS250/350?