IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Price Paid for an IS250/350?

Old 06-26-15, 02:03 PM
Silver250F
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bgaerttner
Don't worry, as long as you didn't lease for more than 36 months, you still did pretty good - even if they jacked your money factor a little, looks like you still got around 10-11% off msrp.

Congrats and enjoy your new IS!
Thanks! And its a 36 mo lease
Old 06-26-15, 05:21 PM
tomtendo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bgaerttner
Without knowing all the details of the lease terms you are looking for, on that particular car, a rough estimate would be around 450 incl 6% sales tax, using the 500 lease incentive as drive off. Once you get details like msrp, negotiated selling price, lease length, mileage, residual, and money factor, an accurate payment can be calculated.
I just got some numbers...

MRSP (not negotiated yet) $46,653
36 Months
10,000 Miles Per Year
$1725.00 Due at Signing
$499.00 Per Month Tax Included
The Money Factor is .00130

Tho, that money factor is high even tho I should be in tier 1. I have a 783 credit score.

Also, that "Due at signing" is...

$700.00 Aqusition Fee
$599.00 Dealer Fee
$87.00 FL Electronic Filing Fee
$1.50 FL Wate Battery Fee
$5.00 FL Waste Tire Fee
$87.15 FL Taxes on the Above fees
$2.00 FL Lemon Law Fee
$250.00 Title, Tag & Registration and License Plate

What can I do to drive these numbers down.
Old 06-26-15, 07:46 PM
GunCrazy
Driver School Candidate

Default Finally!!

Ok so here it is,

Finally got my IS 350 F Sport BLK/BLK!!! Wife is very happy too!

Now I did not get the best deal in the world, but I still feel it is still a great deal!

IS 350 F Sport
MSRP- $47,519
Residual- $33,029.50
0 Down
($3,375 in MSD)
27m/10k
$375/m

Here is how my experience went, I believe purchasing was easier to get better figures than leasing. I had several dealerships give me really good OTD figures (I might of even got better numbers if I was ready to put down money), compared to getting leasing numbers. Most did not even want to match, or couldn't beat my current lease numbers. I probably would of did a little better if I had gone with UW/Red, but this Black/Black was local and was the exact colors I wanted. So I don't mind paying an addition 400-500 after the lease to get exactly what I want. Now as the experience going between the different dealerships was quite interesting. I basically followed the guide and created a list and kept all the contact info+numbers for each dealership. Some dealerships I had to call several times or never received replies back from my emails. But most were pretty quick on the replies. I really got lucky tho, because one dealership was having a blowout sale which gave me a low figure off the bat, which allowed me to make the other dealerships compete. Anyways I literally talked to every single Lexus Dealership in Florida, so if you need any help on which dealerships were able to give the right price let me know and I can help. You might not be able to get as good figures as I got since a lot of them were hooking me up due to just coming back from Afghanistan.

So how do you guys think I did as for my leasing?
Old 06-26-15, 07:48 PM
GunCrazy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tomtendo

36 Months
10,000 Miles Per Year
$1725.00 Due at Signing

Tho, that money factor is high even tho I should be in tier 1. I have a 783 credit score.

$700.00 Aqusition Fee
$599.00 Dealer Fee
$5.00 FL Waste Tire Fee
$2.00 FL Lemon Law Fee

There should be a summer special for IS on 0 down. I just got mine for 0 down, are you flexible in Florida? or only want to stay at Fort Meyers?
Old 06-26-15, 07:50 PM
tomtendo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GunCrazy
There should be a summer special for IS on 0 down. I just got mine for 0 down, are you flexible in Florida? or only want to stay at Fort Meyers?
I mean, I can go around the area. 100miles or so... but I'm more concerned at those numbers he gave me... the dealer fees are WAY too high? Also... this is $0 down, but it's all fees...
Old 06-26-15, 07:53 PM
GunCrazy
Driver School Candidate

I mean, I can go around the area. 100miles or so... but I'm more concerned at those numbers he gave me... the dealer fees and **** are WAY too high?
They are very high man,

I had 0 down, and only $375m. I also had several other dealerships at $367/$380/$385 all with 0 down. But I did have on all of them MAX MSDs so that ranged from $2400-$3600, but you get that at the end of the lease, so I dont really count that.
Old 06-26-15, 08:03 PM
tomtendo
Driver School Candidate

They are very high man,

I had 0 down, and only $375m. I also had several other dealerships at $367/$380/$385 all with 0 down. But I did have on all of them MAX MSDs so that ranged from $2400-$3600, but you get that at the end of the lease, so I dont really count that.
What you mean MAX MSD? Also, what would you suggest I reply back to him...

and did u say you're paying 375/mo after taxes? Lease? miles?
Old 06-26-15, 08:11 PM
GunCrazy
Driver School Candidate

What you mean MAX MSD? Also, what would you suggest I reply back to him...

and did u say you're paying 375/mo after taxes? Lease? miles?

Multiple Security Deposits, it helps bring your money factor down. Honestly I did not get much progression through emails, I usually preferred to talk to the Internet Sales Directly, that's how I got the best and fastest results. Ft Meyers gave me a pretty off the wall lease #, at like $335 a month, with 5.3k down, I was like wtf r u smoking. Anyways, I would start by talking to other dealerships, if your stuck on one you wont have an advantage. But if you do want to reply tell them there are several dealerships, name a few off like Miami/Tampa, ect and tell them you are getting good offers with $385-$399 with 0 down. And see if they will budge on their offer. Let them know that you want to do it locally so you dont have to drive but if you cant get a match you will. I know I was, and some dealerships would be even willing to meet you half way so you dont got to make the long drive!! I have military discount which helped alot with getting $375. Anyways its best to be willing to make a few hour drive to get a better deal.

Ya $375 /w taxes and 27m/10k
Old 06-26-15, 08:17 PM
tomtendo
Driver School Candidate

Multiple Security Deposits, it helps bring your money factor down. Honestly I did not get much progression through emails, I usually preferred to talk to the Internet Sales Directly, that's how I got the best and fastest results. Ft Meyers gave me a pretty off the wall lease #, at like $335 a month, with 5.3k down, I was like wtf r u smoking. Anyways, I would start by talking to other dealerships, if your stuck on one you wont have an advantage. But if you do want to reply tell them there are several dealerships, name a few off like Miami/Tampa, ect and tell them you are getting good offers with $385-$399 with 0 down. And see if they will budge on their offer. Let them know that you want to do it locally so you dont have to drive but if you cant get a match you will. I know I was, and some dealerships would be even willing to meet you half way so you dont got to make the long drive!! I have military discount which helped alot with getting $375. Anyways its best to be willing to make a few hour drive to get a better deal.

Ya $375 /w taxes and 27m/10k
So did I read you live in Florida too? And you talked to Scalon Lexus?

What model trim do u have? Of course I'm trying to work the 350.

I don't know why the fees are so high. There isn't a down payment, but those dealer fees and other fee seems crazy high. Also money factor is a touch above 3% or .00130

Last edited by tomtendo; 06-26-15 at 08:23 PM.
Old 06-26-15, 08:23 PM
GunCrazy
Driver School Candidate

So did I read you live in Florida too? And you talked to Scalon Lexus?

What model trim do u have? Of course I'm trying to work the 350.

I don't know why the fees are so high. There isn't a down payment, but those dealer fees and other fee seems crazy high. Also money factor is a touch above 3% or .00310
Ya, Im in Tampa. I talked to literally every Lexus Dealership in Florida. Scanlon gave a pretty good OTD price on purchasing, but their lease numbers were high. And even with max MSD they still gave me high Money Factor. From my understanding that's still considered down, because you are putting money down, to pay off those fees so they wont be integrated into your lease monthly fees.

I have the IS 350 RWD F Sport. Just got it today!
Old 06-26-15, 08:27 PM
tomtendo
Driver School Candidate

Ya, Im in Tampa. I talked to literally every Lexus Dealership in Florida. Scanlon gave a pretty good OTD price on purchasing, but their lease numbers were high. And even with max MSD they still gave me high Money Factor. From my understanding that's still considered down, because you are putting money down, to pay off those fees so they wont be integrated into your lease monthly fees.

What dealership did u get the new car from? And the sport? For that? Teach me your ways! I currently lease the g37s for 331/mo 24 months 10k. I'd like to stay under 380 after taxes... What can I do to help make that happen? The numbers he gave me are for 36 months... What if I go 27 or something?
Old 06-26-15, 08:29 PM
tomtendo
Driver School Candidate

Also my credit score is 783.
Old 06-26-15, 08:54 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Good deal!

Ok so here it is,

Now I did not get the best deal in the world, but I still feel it is still a great deal!

IS 350 F Sport
MSRP- $47,519
Residual- $33,029.50
0 Down
($3,375 in MSD)
27m/10k
$375/m

Here is how my experience went, I believe purchasing was easier to get better figures than leasing. I had several dealerships give me really good OTD figures (I might of even got better numbers if I was ready to put down money), compared to getting leasing numbers. Most did not even want to match, or couldn't beat my current lease numbers. I probably would of did a little better if I had gone with UW/Red, but this Black/Black was local and was the exact colors I wanted. So I don't mind paying an addition 400-500 after the lease to get exactly what I want. Now as the experience going between the different dealerships was quite interesting. I basically followed the guide and created a list and kept all the contact info+numbers for each dealership. Some dealerships I had to call several times or never received replies back from my emails. But most were pretty quick on the replies. I really got lucky tho, because one dealership was having a blowout sale which gave me a low figure off the bat, which allowed me to make the other dealerships compete. Anyways I literally talked to every single Lexus Dealership in Florida, so if you need any help on which dealerships were able to give the right price let me know and I can help. You might not be able to get as good figures as I got since a lot of them were hooking me up due to just coming back from Afghanistan.

Old 06-27-15, 12:18 AM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Ok so here it is,

IS 350 F Sport
MSRP- $47,519
Residual- $33,029.50
0 Down
($3,375 in MSD)
27m/10k
$375/m

You hit a home run man - absolutely a smokin deal - glad to see you got exactly what you wanted.

Congrats and enjoy the new wheels!

Hopefully fellow Floridian tomtendo can use your deal as a guide to help him with his deal.
Old 06-27-15, 12:54 AM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

36 Months
10,000 Miles Per Year
$1725.00 Due at Signing

$700.00 Aqusition Fee
$599.00 Dealer Fee
$5.00 FL Waste Tire Fee
$2.00 FL Lemon Law Fee

You'll need to get multiple dealers competing for your business - that's how GunCrazy was able to get his deal. He negotiated a $6k discount including the current $500 Lexus lease incentive. Additionally, he used MSDs to significantly lower the money factor to almost nothing. He also qualified for the military rebate which gave him further savings.

The dealer you got the quote from is feeling you out to see how much you know - they're trying to see if you're a "laydown" that they can make big money on. With your credit score, you should be able to land a decent deal on an IS. Doing a quick calculation on the car in your first post, with a 5500 discount, .0009 money factor, a 27 month/10k lease should be around 450 a month incl 6% tax using the 500 incentive as your drive off.

Be patient and work only with the Internet Depts.

By the way - do they know your credit score ? The money factor they quoted is insulting.
You might even be able to get lower than the .0009 I used in the above example - .0007 would take you to about 438 and .0005 would get you to around 425.

Last edited by gmanusmc; 06-27-15 at 01:05 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Price Paid for an IS250/350?