IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Price Paid for an IS250/350?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-15, 01:49 PM
Blueraptor
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bgaerttner
What is the actual selling price for dealer 2 350?
I didn't get that information it slipped my mind. Sorry. But dealer #2 called me and said they'll do $41,200 OTD for the is250 F-sport fully loaded he told me it had every option including tinted windows. Thanks for your help.

Last edited by Blueraptor; 05-29-15 at 01:52 PM.
Old 05-29-15, 01:52 PM
Blueraptor
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by azmojo
The price for the IS350 for Dealer #2 appears to be about $3500 under invoice which is fantastic, you probably won't do better. I figure invoice is probably around $45,000 based on your MSRP and typical configurations. Dealer #1 is of course, only about $1000 under invoice.
That's great to hear. Dealer #2 quoted me $41,200 OTD TTL included for the is250 F sport fully loaded. I just want to figure out which one is a better value. And also figure out the MF and Residual for May. Thanks for your help.
Old 05-29-15, 02:48 PM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Blueraptor
That's great to hear. Dealer #2 quoted me $41,200 OTD TTL included for the is250 F sport fully loaded. I just want to figure out which one is a better value. And also figure out the MF and Residual for May. Thanks for your help.
Sorry, I don't know enough about leases to help you with those details.

But I do question if it's fully loaded meaning every available option. Ask if it has the F-Sport performance exhaust, VGRS, radar cruise control, and power rear sunshade. I have yet to encounter one on a dealer lot that had ALL of these options.
Old 05-29-15, 02:54 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Blueraptor
I didn't get that information it slipped my mind. Sorry. But dealer #2 called me and said they'll do $41,200 OTD for the is250 F-sport fully loaded he told me it had every option including tinted windows. Thanks for your help.
Without actual selling price, it's really difficult to give you a clear picture. But using an estimated selling price of $41.5k on the 350, you should be able to get a 24 mo/12k lease to around $400 including tax (using 8%) with zero drive off. That's also using a money factor of .0005 (excellent credit required) and a residual of 71%. If any of these numbers change of course, the payment will also. Confirm the exact numbers and we'll be able to provide a better estimate. As azmojo points out, the deal on the 350 looks real good - let's hope they're being up front with you.
Old 05-30-15, 09:59 AM
ttsb211
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for your info. Could you please PM me your price details? if possible
Old 05-30-15, 11:35 AM
newb123
Rookie

Hey guys,

New guy here,hehe..in the market for a 2015 is-f 250 and I'm in southern cali..Have yet to check out any dealerships yet, but wanted to see if anyone here can help with tips/advice etc. I've read a lot of posts and they all seem real helpful. Looking for an idea of any otd prices so I have some idea when I go to the dealership. I don't plane on adding any options other than what is included in the f sport package.
ps...hoping to get a white one with red interior. =)
Old 05-30-15, 12:18 PM
azmojo
Instructor

Originally Posted by newb123
Hey guys,

New guy here,hehe..in the market for a 2015 is-f 250 and I'm in southern cali..Have yet to check out any dealerships yet, but wanted to see if anyone here can help with tips/advice etc. I've read a lot of posts and they all seem real helpful. Looking for an idea of any otd prices so I have some idea when I go to the dealership. I don't plane on adding any options other than what is included in the f sport package.
ps...hoping to get a white one with red interior. =)
First, I'd go to the dealer's website and find a car or cars that they have in stock that you're interested in and contact them about a specific stock number. You'll get the best deals on cars they have in stock. If they don't have what you want, contact them anyway as they may have one coming in soon or can get it from another dealer.

Go to Edmunds.com and price the car there with options and get the invoice price so you know the numbers. Don't user their BS "Edmunds guaranteed price" or whatever it is. Don't contact dealers through Edmunds because then I think Edmunds gets a cut and that will cut into your deal. Just go to each dealer's website, then look at the About Us --> Meet our Staff and then look for Internet sales or even contact the sales manager.

Then I would contact local dealers and tell them you that you want an IS250 at $2500 under invoice, Admit to them you know that's low but you know that LA dealers have been doing deals like that on the Club Lexus forums and you'll hold out until you can get that deal. If they refuse ask for their best deal and then contact the next dealer. Once you have an offer, you can ask the next dealer to beat it. just make sure there are no BS add-ons like under-coating or Lo-jack or $400 window tint or processing fees.

They'll try to play games and may give you OTD pricing instead of XXX under invoice pricing, so if they give you an OTD price simply ask them, how much under invoice does that make it? Or once you know the tax and plate costs you can do the math yourself.

Being the 30th of May, today is a good day to try for a deal since they may want to lock in May sales.

Last edited by azmojo; 05-30-15 at 12:42 PM.
Old 05-30-15, 01:59 PM
newb123
Rookie

First, I'd go to the dealer's website and find a car or cars that they have in stock that you're interested in and contact them about a specific stock number. You'll get the best deals on cars they have in stock. If they don't have what you want, contact them anyway as they may have one coming in soon or can get it from another dealer.

Go to Edmunds.com and price the car there with options and get the invoice price so you know the numbers. Don't user their BS "Edmunds guaranteed price" or whatever it is. Don't contact dealers through Edmunds because then I think Edmunds gets a cut and that will cut into your deal. Just go to each dealer's website, then look at the About Us --> Meet our Staff and then look for Internet sales or even contact the sales manager.

Then I would contact local dealers and tell them you that you want an IS250 at $2500 under invoice, Admit to them you know that's low but you know that LA dealers have been doing deals like that on the Club Lexus forums and you'll hold out until you can get that deal. If they refuse ask for their best deal and then contact the next dealer. Once you have an offer, you can ask the next dealer to beat it. just make sure there are no BS add-ons like under-coating or Lo-jack or $400 window tint or processing fees.

They'll try to play games and may give you OTD pricing instead of XXX under invoice pricing, so if they give you an OTD price simply ask them, how much under invoice does that make it? Or once you know the tax and plate costs you can do the math yourself.

Being the 30th of May, today is a good day to try for a deal since they may want to lock in May sales.

Thanks so much! Will definitely check out edmunds.com. In general, how close to msrp price sounds "fair" to pay?
Old 05-30-15, 02:16 PM
azmojo
Instructor

Thanks so much! Will definitely check out edmunds.com. In general, how close to msrp price sounds "fair" to pay?
I tend to go by invoice price since margins very depending on the optional equipment. Once you price the car at Edmunds you'll have complete pricing information.

Recent deals here indicate that you should be able to get at least $2000 under invoice and possibly more, and the most effective strategy seems to be playing one dealer against another.
Old 05-30-15, 04:38 PM
newb123
Rookie

I tend to go by invoice price since margins very depending on the optional equipment. Once you price the car at Edmunds you'll have complete pricing information.

Recent deals here indicate that you should be able to get at least $2000 under invoice and possibly more, and the most effective strategy seems to be playing one dealer against another.
Yea, will be contacting several dealerships. I was on edmunds.com and searched for the is250 and got the invoice price, but it doesn't say if that's the invoice price for an is-f or base model and there's no option to select either lol, just an invoice price for the 2015 lexus is 250. Sounds like it might be hard to find the car I want since I went on the lexus dealership site to spec out the car and couldn't locate any results of a white with red interior.
Old 05-30-15, 04:48 PM
azmojo
Instructor

Yea, will be contacting several dealerships. I was on edmunds.com and searched for the is250 and got the invoice price, but it doesn't say if that's the invoice price for an is-f or base model and there's no option to select either lol, just an invoice price for the 2015 lexus is 250. Sounds like it might be hard to find the car I want since I went on the lexus dealership site to spec out the car and couldn't locate any results of a white with red interior.
On Edmunds, F-Sport package is an option so you select it on the options page.
Old 05-31-15, 09:01 AM
Carbonite
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My is350

I've had it a month now but I got mine for 37k with 2.9% from Lexus financial.

2014 IS350 F Sport
Nav, ML Audio, blind spot indicators, backup camera, ultra white on rioja interior. 8400 miles and the car was sold to the original owner 3 days shy of exactly 1 year. I declined CPO warranty and saved a bit off the cost.
Old 05-31-15, 10:41 AM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Carbonite
I've had it a month now but I got mine for 37k with 2.9% from Lexus financial.

2014 IS350 F Sport
Nav, ML Audio, blind spot indicators, backup camera, ultra white on rioja interior. 8400 miles and the car was sold to the original owner 3 days shy of exactly 1 year. I declined CPO warranty and saved a bit off the cost.
That seems like a pretty good price on a nicely equipped low miles 2014 350 F-sport.

Congrats - welcome to Club Lexus - enjoy your new ride!
Old 06-02-15, 09:52 AM
DesertF
Driver School Candidate

Picked up my 2014 350 F-Sport with other packages for $36.6k with 4,500 miles on the odometer. I was literally on the way to the dealership to buy a new one when I drove by BMW North Scottsdale and saw it sitting in the front. They originally had it listed for $39.9k but were very willing to sell it.
Old 06-02-15, 01:30 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DesertF
Picked up my 2014 350 F-Sport with other packages for $36.6k with 4,500 miles on the odometer. I was literally on the way to the dealership to buy a new one when I drove by BMW North Scottsdale and saw it sitting in the front. They originally had it listed for $39.9k but were very willing to sell it.
Your deal is similar to Carbonite's - did yours come with Nav/ML/BSM? If so, that's a good price.

Congrats!

Quick Reply: Price Paid for an IS250/350?