Price Paid for an IS250/350?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-15, 09:51 AM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by brucereddy
How's this deal?

Monthly: $445 for 36 months and 10,000 miles per year.

State: New York

Down: $0 (But will pay 1st month's payment and Doc and DMV Fees~$700.)
MSRP:$49,464
MF:0.0005
RV:63%
Sales Tax:$1377.96

Features included:
Nav,
BSM,
Rear Lip Spoiler
Wheel locks
All weather floor mats.

Thanks in advance.
Based on these figures, it looks like they gave you about $5k discount off msrp - is that about right?
If so, that's a decent discount - the money factor is great - I thought the 36/10k residual was 65% but it might have been lowered because of where we are in the model year. All in all, looks like a nice deal - 445 a month to drive a $50k car a few years - not bad!

Are you working with more than one dealer? If you could get that 10% discount to 12-13%, the payment would be reduced to around 400 - an even sweeter deal. You're nearing the end of the month and a holiday weekend, so that might help in your negotiations.

Last edited by gmanusmc; 05-20-15 at 10:27 AM.
Old 05-20-15, 02:31 PM
mrtrance
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chinoyan
bgaerttner thanks for the input. I took delivery of the vehicle yesterday. Here are the final number I think I got a pretty good deal.

$38,159 MSRP
$31,700 Sale Price
$500 Rebate
$0 Out of Pocket
12k Lease
Residual $24,421.76
Money Factor .0007
$313 for 36 Months (Taxes Included)
Plus they gave me all weather Mats and all weather trunk mat for free.
They told me that I was getting a super deal because they were very slow this weekend and they need to move units.
Can you let us know which dealership this was at? If you don't want to post in thread you can PM. Great deal!
Old 05-20-15, 04:58 PM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by hellogoodb
I went into the Lexus dealership today and came out with an offer for this car:

New IS350 Non-F Sport
Starfire Pearl Black Interior
Premium Package
Nav
18 inch wheels
Blindspot detector
Backup Camera
Parking Sensors

Msrp was around $46264 I think. The salesman offered me $42700 OTD for the car as it is with nothing else. He said that adding tint and all the protective sticker things will cost an additional $577. I did get the new college graduate discount, so with all that is this a good deal?
Invoice is about $43065 (I get an MSRP of $46280 with your options). So you're already at $365 under invoice before you consider taxes & tags and any other fees, so that sounds like a fantastic deal to me.
Old 05-20-15, 08:03 PM
hellogoodb
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bgaerttner
Just noticed what you said here - if indeed the $42.7k includes TTL, this looks to be a pretty decent deal. When you are able to confirm the msrp & selling price, we'll obviously have a much better idea. If the msrp listed in your original post turns out to be accurate, the discount would have to be pretty good to get you to that OTD (although I'm not up to snuff on your local tax rates).

Keep us posted - you might be putting together a good deal here.
Thanks for the advice. I went and bought the car today!

I took the price I got from the last dealership which was about $43k OTD with tint/door guards and called every Lexus dealership in the DFW area and asked them if they could beat it. I didn't mention to them that the $43k from the other dealership included the $1000 dollar new college graduate. Most of the dealerships told me that was already a great deal and that they weren't going to come close to matching it. One dealership told me that they could beat it but by only 100 bucks. I then told them about the new college discount and they agreed to take another grand off $43k so it would be $42k OTD!

When I got there they found me the exact car, only problem was it had a spoiler on it. So after negotiating, we agreed on paying half the money for the spoiler add-on since we didn't really want it. So in the end after everything was said and done this was the price we paid.

MSRP: $46653
Selling Price: $40220
After College rebate: $39220
OTD: $42084

The car and it's packages:

2015 IS350 regular version
Starfire Pearl Exterior
Black Interior
18 inch wheels
Blind spot with rear cross
Intuitive Parking Assist
Nav + Backup Camera
Premium Package
Rear Lip Spoiler
Trunk mat, cargo net, wheel locks and rear bumper app
Tint
Door guards
Old 05-20-15, 08:22 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

I took the price I got from the last dealership which was about $43k OTD with tint/door guards and called every Lexus dealership in the DFW area and asked them if they could beat it. I didn't mention to them that the $43k from the other dealership included the $1000 dollar new college graduate. Most of the dealerships told me that was already a great deal and that they weren't going to come close to matching it. One dealership told me that they could beat it but by only 100 bucks. I then told them about the new college discount and they agreed to take another grand off $43k so it would be $42k OTD!

When I got there they found me the exact car, only problem was it had a spoiler on it. So after negotiating, we agreed on paying half the money for the spoiler add-on since we didn't really want it. So in the end after everything was said and done this was the price we paid.

Starfire Pearl Exterior
Black Interior
18 inch wheels
Intuitive Parking Assist
Nav + Backup Camera
Premium Package
Rear Lip Spoiler
Tint
Door guards
Holy moly - very nice - you are a very smart negotiator. That's 16% off msrp when the rebate is factored in.

You did extremely well - congrats and enjoy your new car!

I have a feeling you'll be having some fellow Texans come looking for some pointers on how to get a great deal.
Old 05-21-15, 12:25 AM
alizonmi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mrtrance
Can you let us know which dealership this was at? If you don't want to post in thread you can PM. Great deal!
I would like to know as well! Info would be much appreciated!
Old 05-21-15, 12:26 AM
alizonmi
Driver School Candidate

Can you pm me details of the dealership and salesman? Thanks!!

Originally Posted by chinoyan
bgaerttner thanks for the input. I took delivery of the vehicle yesterday. Here are the final number I think I got a pretty good deal.

$38,159 MSRP
$31,700 Sale Price
$500 Rebate
$0 Out of Pocket
12k Lease
Residual $24,421.76
Money Factor .0007
$313 for 36 Months (Taxes Included)
Plus they gave me all weather Mats and all weather trunk mat for free.
They told me that I was getting a super deal because they were very slow this weekend and they need to move units.
Old 05-25-15, 08:22 AM
ApexSilver
Driver School Candidate

Starfire Pearl Exterior
Black Interior
18 inch wheels
Intuitive Parking Assist
Nav + Backup Camera
Premium Package
Rear Lip Spoiler
Tint
Door guards
Really good price, I assume this was sewell lexus? Park Place didn't wanna move at all back in October when we got ours....5k off msrp is pretty attainable, any other discount really just add a bonus to an already good deal, military, grad,
Old 05-25-15, 10:02 AM
hellogoodb
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ApexSilver
Really good price, I assume this was sewell lexus? Park Place didn't wanna move at all back in October when we got ours....5k off msrp is pretty attainable, any other discount really just add a bonus to an already good deal, military, grad,
Sewell was the first dealership that I went to and they did negotiate a lot, but ultimately I bought it from Park Place Plano since they were able to beat the price of Sewell's. Park Place Grapevine didn't want to meet/beat the price which is interesting since Park Place Plano had to take the exact car I wanted off Grapevine's lot to sell to me.
Old 05-25-15, 11:43 AM
Stevent
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello Everyone,

I been lurking around for a few month debating if I should get the IS. Coming from 2012 Acura TSX. Anyways I decided to pull the trigger and look for deals.

So I been looking at the:

IS 350 F-Sport RWD White w/ Nav + Mark Levinson, Spoiler, and Blind Spot Monitoring. MSRP: $49,048

I emailed a bunch of dealers in SoCal. The cheapest I got so far is 48,000 OTD. I feel like I can still go lower but I am not sure since the white version seem to sell fast. Not a lot of dealers seem to have it either. What do you guys think?
Old 05-25-15, 02:31 PM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Stevent
Hello Everyone,

I been lurking around for a few month debating if I should get the IS. Coming from 2012 Acura TSX. Anyways I decided to pull the trigger and look for deals.

IS 350 F-Sport RWD White w/ Nav + Mark Levinson, Spoiler, and Blind Spot Monitoring. MSRP: $49,048

I emailed a bunch of dealers in SoCal. The cheapest I got so far is 48,000 OTD. I feel like I can still go lower but I am not sure since the white version seem to sell fast. Not a lot of dealers seem to have it either. What do you guys think?
I will PM you my contact at Santa Monica Lexus where I bought mine. If others have contacts please help this guy as well. People have been posting deals as under $2000 under invoice which is in the ballpark of your deal. Look up invoice pricing at Edmunds.com or other car sites. Invoice on that car is $45413.

Last edited by azmojo; 05-25-15 at 02:38 PM.
Old 05-25-15, 03:17 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Stevent
Hello Everyone,

As azmojo pointed out, it looks like you are at about $2k below invoice (11-12% off msrp) - that's a pretty good deal. If you are not in a big hurry, keep working them approaching the end of the month and the deal might get a little sweeter. What is the actual selling price?
Old 05-25-15, 03:34 PM
Stevent
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I messaged Your contact azmojo and will wait for reply. I am definitely not in a rush at all. I was planning to take my time. Thanks a lot azmojo and bgaerttner! I will update soon as I have it =]
Old 05-26-15, 07:42 AM
XeciX
Driver School Candidate

Hey Everyone! I have started looking for a 2015 Lexus IS250 F-Sport over the memorial weekend in Southern California area, went to two different dealers to check it out and get some numbers:

Here is the best offer so far,
2015 IS 250
Atomic Silver with red Interior
$41,660 MSRP
$39,602 Invoice price
$42,763.11 OTD
12k Miles per year

Add-ons:
Backup camera ($350)
Blind Spot monitor ($600)

Can I do better than that offer? Thanks in advance!
Old 05-26-15, 07:50 AM
FPerform
Driver

Starfire Pearl Exterior
Black Interior
18 inch wheels
Intuitive Parking Assist
Nav + Backup Camera
Premium Package
Rear Lip Spoiler
Tint
Door guards
Man that's a hell of a deal, essentially 10% OTD off MSRP. Around the DC area it seems to be only 5% OTD off MSRP(if that) for most people, which is essentially what I got.

Completely OT, my brother was shopping for a car and the local Mercedes dealer offered a 2015 C300 4Matic MSRP of $47,190 for $43,000 OTD which I thought was a damn good deal.

Quick Reply: Price Paid for an IS250/350?