Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by harkirath
I just picked up my 2015 IS 350 F Sport
- Blind spot monitor w/ rear cross
- Navi & ML Audio
- Rear lip spoiler
- Trunk mat, cargo net, whl locks

I put 0 down including recent college grad and the March incentive. My lease is 3/36k and I pay $497 a month.
Sounds like a solid lease deal - congrats and enjoy!!
Old 04-06-15, 07:13 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by socal28
For your guy's reference, here's my recent lease deal in NorCa area (at end of March)...

Car: 2015 IS250 F-Sport with Blind Spot, Navigation, Accessory Package (Z1), Illum door sills, rear trunk lip, Atomic Silver/Black.
Miles on car at delivery: 31
MSRP: $44,234
Selling Price: $37,907
Rebates: Complementary First Month Payment, Lexus RC-F Drive event participation ($1000)
Mileage: 12k
Length: 36 Months
Residual: 65%
MF: 0.00006 (0.0007-0.00064 from 8 MSD's)
Monthly Payment: $252 + $22 tax = ~$274 per month after tax
Drive Off: $472 and change down to get my payment to less than $275 per month + $2,200 Multiple Security Deposits = $2,672

Thought this was a great deal that I couldn't pass up!
That IS a great deal- outstanding negotiated price and use of MSDs - way to go!!

Now have some fun driving it!!
Old 04-06-15, 07:56 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

nice good deal

For your guy's reference, here's my recent lease deal in NorCa area (at end of March)...

Car: 2015 IS250 F-Sport with Blind Spot, Navigation, Accessory Package (Z1), Illum door sills, rear trunk lip, Atomic Silver/Black.
Rebates: Complementary First Month Payment, Lexus RC-F Drive event participation ($1000)
Drive Off: $472 and change down to get my payment to less than $275 per month + $2,200 Multiple Security Deposits = $2,672

Old 04-07-15, 10:28 AM
socal28
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As additional reference, if all the numbers remain the same (including MF using MSD's) and you DON'T have the $1000 extra rebate, monthly goes up to: ~$304 including tax. Still $2,672 drive-off.

If you don't do the MSD's and use MF buy rate of .0007 and no $1000, monthly goes to: ~$351 including tax. This is essentially $472 drive-off.
Old 04-07-15, 06:23 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by bgaerttner
That IS a great deal- outstanding negotiated price and use of MSDs - way to go!!

Now have some fun driving it!!
Originally Posted by Jbreezie
nice good deal
+1 This deal was sweet
Old 04-11-15, 08:59 AM
sc02492
Driver School Candidate

Default Advice on a new purchase at Herb Chambers Lexus in Mass

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this group and am interested in purchasing a 2015 ES350 F Sport AWD that has an MSRP of $49,464 at Herb Chambers Lexus in Sharon, MA. I was thinking along the lines of asking $2500 off the MSRP- that gets me in range of the True Market Value that people seem to be paying based upon the Edmunds website.

I would appreciate any advice regarding whether this is a reasonable starting point for negotiation, deals others have gotten in Mass, and others' experience with this dealership (I have an appointment there tomorrow).

Thanks in advance...
Old 04-11-15, 10:53 PM
azmojo
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by sc02492
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this group and am interested in purchasing a 2015 ES350 F Sport AWD that has an MSRP of $49,464 at Herb Chambers Lexus in Sharon, MA. I was thinking along the lines of asking $2500 off the MSRP- that gets me in range of the True Market Value that people seem to be paying based upon the Edmunds website.

I would appreciate any advice regarding whether this is a reasonable starting point for negotiation, deals others have gotten in Mass, and others' experience with this dealership (I have an appointment there tomorrow).

Thanks in advance...
I hope you contacted them over the Internet first, that should help. I would go in and insist on paying no more than Invoice. You can always come up from there. Remember, they'll probably still charge you a "doc fee" so don't let them guilt you. The doc fee is pure profit. I find that it helps to know exactly what you want and being prepared to special order a car if all of their inventory has options you don't want to pay for and/or doesn't have options you want. You don't have to actually order the car - just pretend that you aren't happy with any of the inventory and you are ready to order.... unless they can take more off of something they have in stock. They'd much rather take another $500-1000 off an in-stock car than special order a car for you.
Old 04-12-15, 02:09 AM
sc02492
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by azmojo
I hope you contacted them over the Internet first, that should help. I would go in and insist on paying no more than Invoice. You can always come up from there. Remember, they'll probably still charge you a "doc fee" so don't let them guilt you. The doc fee is pure profit. I find that it helps to know exactly what you want and being prepared to special order a car if all of their inventory has options you don't want to pay for and/or doesn't have options you want. You don't have to actually order the car - just pretend that you aren't happy with any of the inventory and you are ready to order.... unless they can take more off of something they have in stock. They'd much rather take another $500-1000 off an in-stock car than special order a car for you.
Thanks for this advice- yes I contacted them over the internet already and know exactly what I want. The problem for me is that being in the Boston area, I don't know how often they actually sell this particular car for invoice or close to invoice- the True Market Value of the car on Edmunds suggests that most buyers in my region are buying the car for about $2000 OVER invoice, so I'm doubtful if asking for invoice as a starting point would really work over here, but I could be wrong. I agree with you about the doc fees, which are mostly profit for them.

I've done my homework and I'm going to tell them that the car that I want (which actually is on the lot) doesn't have the ML sound system, which I really did prefer, so that will give me some leverage I guess, and I will also ask them to make the first move and tell me the lowest price they are willing to sell me the car for, and take it from there. I never reveal my starting point first but rather let them know that I've done my homework and ask them to make the first move so that I have a better sense of what I'm dealing with.

Wish me luck, and I'm happy to take any more advice!
Old 04-12-15, 03:03 AM
WiLz
Driver

Originally Posted by sc02492
Thanks for this advice- yes I contacted them over the internet already and know exactly what I want. The problem for me is that being in the Boston area, I don't know how often they actually sell this particular car for invoice or close to invoice- the True Market Value of the car on Edmunds suggests that most buyers in my region are buying the car for about $2000 OVER invoice, so I'm doubtful if asking for invoice as a starting point would really work over here, but I could be wrong. I agree with you about the doc fees, which are mostly profit for them.

I've done my homework and I'm going to tell them that the car that I want (which actually is on the lot) doesn't have the ML sound system, which I really did prefer, so that will give me some leverage I guess, and I will also ask them to make the first move and tell me the lowest price they are willing to sell me the car for, and take it from there. I never reveal my starting point first but rather let them know that I've done my homework and ask them to make the first move so that I have a better sense of what I'm dealing with.

Wish me luck, and I'm happy to take any more advice!
Don't know what the market is like over there, but from what I've seen, most people can get significantly lower than Edmunds and TrueCar estimates with some good negotiating. And I think it's reasonable for you to start negotiating at invoice or below. You always want to start low and work your way up. I've had multiple experiences where the sales person will tell me my offer is ridiculous and absolutely impossible, but eventually they come down close to it.

The most important advice though is don't rush it, and always be ready to walk away. When I was RC shopping recently, one dealer kept asking me how much over invoice I was willing to pay, and I kept telling him I will only do below invoice.
Salesperson: "that's impossible"
Me: "fine, I'll buy at another dealership that will go below invoice"
Salesperson: "fine, you do that"
Me: (walks out to car, gets ready to leave)
Salesperson: (chases me down in parking lot) "wait...I'll give you any car we have on the lot for $1k below invoice"
Me: "no thanks" (goes buy car elsewhere for more than $2.5k below invoice)

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Last edited by WiLz; 04-12-15 at 03:13 AM.
Old 04-12-15, 03:47 AM
sc02492
Driver School Candidate

Wilz, this sounds like great advice- nothing to lose by trying this. I'll let you know how it goes- thanks again.
Old 04-12-15, 06:48 AM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by WiLz
Don't know what the market is like over there, but from what I've seen, most people can get significantly lower than Edmunds and TrueCar estimates with some good negotiating. And I think it's reasonable for you to start negotiating at invoice or below. You always want to start low and work your way up. I've had multiple experiences where the sales person will tell me my offer is ridiculous and absolutely impossible, but eventually they come down close to it.

The most important advice though is don't rush it, and always be ready to walk away. When I was RC shopping recently, one dealer kept asking me how much over invoice I was willing to pay, and I kept telling him I will only do below invoice.
Salesperson: "that's impossible"
Me: "fine, I'll buy at another dealership that will go below invoice"
Salesperson: "fine, you do that"
Me: (walks out to car, gets ready to leave)
Salesperson: (chases me down in parking lot) "wait...I'll give you any car we have on the lot for $1k below invoice"
Me: "no thanks" (goes buy car elsewhere for more than $2.5k below invoice)

Good luck and let us know how it goes!
+1 Same thing for me! Told Dealer I wouldnt buy below invoice. Dealer said it was impossible. I got heated and walked away Got a call from salesman that same night and he said to come back and renegotiate! Went in on Monday and took car home - 13% off MSRP To the OP, don't ask me why, ask me how
Old 04-12-15, 11:34 AM
smaguluri9
Driver School Candidate

Hi guys,

This is my first post here so please bear with me. I just needed to know if I signed the lease agreement right, while I am not a lease whiz, I think I did ok. Even if I did bad I don't have any regrets because overtime I sit in the car it brings a smile.

IS350 FSPORT - MSRP -47919
3y/30K
credit score - 649
MF-.00163( they said they bumped it 3 tiers to get the rate)
negative equity on trade in 1500
64% residual
Special in texas right now( instead of 6.25% sales tax we pay only 1%)
negotiated price - 43450 minus 1500 lexus incentives
I added 750 wheel and tire protection
700 aquistion+376 some other fees
546 drive off with 542 a month for 36 months, could've been 520 w/o wheel and tire.

Let me know how u will rate this on a scale of 1-10, 1 being the worst deal.
Again, just trying to learn not to regret.
Old 04-12-15, 04:04 PM
y2kfrost
Driver School Candidate

[QUOTE=wakame;8017883]How much did you pay for your new is250/350?

Trim: IS350 F Sport
Type of Purchase: Finance
Color:Wicked White
Upgrades: F Sport Intake, Blind Spot, Nav, Wheel Locks, Cargo Net
Price Paid:35K out the door.(vehicle had 4 miles on it) (sticker price was 51K)
Old 04-12-15, 05:10 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

[QUOTE=y2kfrost;8997074]
Originally Posted by wakame
How much did you pay for your new is250/350?

Interesting
Old 04-12-15, 05:26 PM
FPerform
Driver

[QUOTE=y2kfrost;8997074]
Originally Posted by wakame
How much did you pay for your new is250/350?

Very, very hard to believe.

Quick Reply: Price Paid for an IS250/350?