IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Price Paid for an IS250/350?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-14, 02:39 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by b0bby
Is California naturally this expensive? I'm on the other side of the states in the east coast and it was relatively easy to get 46K OTD which includes taxes/title/tag. A little more effort to reach my final price of course.

What I did notice during the paperwork was that they used 2x $500 certificates. I came in on Black Friday (didn't buy til a week later) and the dealership was saying if you buy today you get a $500 gift card or we can do a cashback for that amount. They basically used 2 of these to come to my final price instead of just discounting it off MSRP. This meant they paid $1,000 towards my down payment total if i remember correctly.

Essentially manipulating the books a bit to get me my desired price. I believe these $500 coupons/cashback/gift cards/whatever they want to call it is good through the December to Remember event. I could be wrong but the BlackFriday only BS they gave me was a lie as they extended it to get my sale.

Hope this helps, maybe you can bring it up but I know car buying is very YMMV.
Actually, CA is one of the better buyer's markets for these cars - usually 12-15% off sticker.
But you have to work at it and negotiate with multiple dealers.
Old 12-12-14, 03:38 PM
paterpan
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Akrkwk
$4700 off msrp + ttl on ultrawhite with red
$5300 off msrp + ttl on all othet color combo

Talk to Ray Tell him You heard abouy him from Tae ( Brian)
Looks like Ray is going to get 2 calls.

Everyone in these forums have been very helpful. Hope I can soon join you guys as a Lexus owner.
Old 12-12-14, 06:19 PM
alvinklee
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by paterpan

Everyone in these forums have been very helpful. Hope I can soon join you guys as a Lexus owner.
If you look at his discount, I think it comes to around 49k otd also.

-Alvin
Old 12-12-14, 06:29 PM
Akrkwk
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome I actually got 4800 off instead of 4700 now that i calculated on my car
Old 12-13-14, 11:54 AM
pugua
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lexi90
Hi,

I would go for the 2015 for 2 reasons:

a. Discount on 2014 isn't as great + too much $$$ on extras you don't really need = bad deal
b. AWD - you're in Washington, so AWD will come in handy!

As someone else mentioned before, if you were to get 8-10K off the MSRP for the 2014, then it will be a great deal. Otherwise, stay away from the '14 and focus your negotiation on the '15 AWD.

Either way, keep us posted and let us know how you make out!
@lexi90 and @bgaerttner - just an update on what I chose.

After some negotiations with the different dealers, I ended up getting the 2014 RWD instead of the 2015 AWD. Main reason was price. Like I mentioned, around the Seattle area, getting an IS350 F-Sport UW/RR is hard to come by, especially under $50K OTD.

Here is the breakdown of what I ended up getting:

New 2014 IS350 F-Sport (RWD) UW on RR
  • F-Sport Exhaust
  • F-Sport Cold-Air Intake
  • Carbon Fiber Roof
  • ML audio
  • Navigation w/ Back-up Camera
  • Blind-Spot Monitoring
  • Illuminated Door Sills
  • Accessories package
MSRP: $52,576.00
Sale Price: $44,300 ($8,276 off MSRP = 15.7% discount)
$48,000 OTD (including all taxes, fees, license, registration, etc.)

I'm VERY happy (and in love) with my purchase. Thanks for all your help and suggestions!

Last edited by pugua; 12-13-14 at 11:57 AM.
Old 12-13-14, 12:06 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by pugua

After some negotiations with the different dealers, I ended up getting the 2014 RWD instead of the 2015 AWD. Main reason was price. Like I mentioned, around the Seattle area, getting an IS350 F-Sport UW/RR is hard to come by, especially under $50K OTD.

• F-Sport Exhaust
  • Carbon Fiber Roof
  • ML audio
  • Blind-Spot Monitoring
  • Illuminated Door Sills
  • Accessories package

I'm VERY happy (and in love) with my purchase. Thanks for all your help and suggestions!
Wow - you did very well - and got the hot color combo - congrats and enjoy!

You're gonna have a lot of fun driving that car.

Thanks for the update.
Old 12-13-14, 02:20 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by pugua

• F-Sport Exhaust
  • Carbon Fiber Roof
  • ML audio
  • Blind-Spot Monitoring
  • Illuminated Door Sills
  • Accessories package

Congrats! All it matters is that you're happy!
Old 12-13-14, 02:28 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Hi guys,

I'm reporting my negotiations from today.

1st dealer:
MSRP for 2015 IS250 F-Sport AWD $45,610
Negotiated price: $41,949 + tax + fees

2nd dealer:
MSRP: 45,900
Negotiated price: none. Dealer won't sell for a penny less!

Do you guys think the 1st dealer's price is fair? I was shooting for $40,000 - $41,000.
Old 12-13-14, 02:57 PM
jeffyffej
Driver School Candidate

Please let me know if you have any luck , I will do the same

I can't even get the 2 dealers to 10%, i told them 10% off msrp and I'd buy same day. Was laughed at by them and said there's no way. Was actually pretty rude sales guys.
Originally Posted by alvinklee
Hey,

I am currently in the same boat as you trying to find an IS 350 F Sport in both Norcal and Socal.. So far I was able to get one around 49k otd but one dealership they are willing to get it otd for less than msrp but they want me to come in. This is norcal so far. I think you should be getting better offers since in socal as I haven't emailed many socal dealerships besides newport.

I am currently trying to do what b0bby did and I started spamming different dealerships and see what is the offer they are coming up with. I can private message you and give you progress updates if that interest you.
If it's Nor Cal try Lexus of Stevens Creek and ask for Jennifer Martinez or try Lexus of Serramonte. I got personal phone calls from both of these dealers who helped me a lot in trying to find a 2015 IS 350 F sport UW/BB. Ultimately I bought from Lexus of Stevens Creek as Jennifer was super accommodating and more than willing to negotiate.

If you're dealing with dealers in So Cal I would recommend Keyes Lexus on Van Nuys and ask for Alyssa Medina. She was really helpful, spent time looking around on the phone with me, and also willing to negotiate/beat any other dealer price I got. You can also go to Lexus of Glendale which gives some pretty good deals too. Ultimately I got a good deal at Stevens Creek, and I spend most of my time in the Bay Area so it was just easier to purchase up here. If I moved back home in LA I would have definitely bought from either Keyes or Glendale since my family has bought cars from both in the past.
Old 12-13-14, 03:26 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Hi guys,

1st dealer:

2nd dealer:

Do you guys think the 1st dealer's price is fair? I was shooting for $40,000 - $41,000.
lexi - I can't remember if you said whether you've tried any NY dealers - they seem to have some good deals.

Did I read correctly that dealer #2 won't discount off msrp?
Old 12-13-14, 04:37 PM
quang3is
Driver School Candidate

i got my last year around this time i paid 41000 out the door for 2014 is350 RWD and of course with 4000 miles. seem fair to me but i shoulda get F sport .. too bad... too late now.
Old 12-14-14, 02:48 AM
hoya08
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bgaerttner
lexi - I can't remember if you said whether you've tried any NY dealers - they seem to have some good deals.

Not uncommon.

Of the 3 Lexus dealers who returned my inquiry for a build request. One clearly stated they would not negotiate on the price. Needless to say they lost a customer as I explained to them this wasn't my first time ordering a car.
Old 12-14-14, 06:37 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffyffej
If it's Nor Cal try Lexus of Stevens Creek and ask for Jennifer Martinez or try Lexus of Serramonte. I got personal phone calls from both of these dealers who helped me a lot in trying to find a 2015 IS 350 F sport UW/BB. Ultimately I bought from Lexus of Stevens Creek as Jennifer was super accommodating and more than willing to negotiate.

If you're dealing with dealers in So Cal I would recommend Keyes Lexus on Van Nuys and ask for Alyssa Medina. She was really helpful, spent time looking around on the phone with me, and also willing to negotiate/beat any other dealer price I got. You can also go to Lexus of Glendale which gives some pretty good deals too. Ultimately I got a good deal at Stevens Creek, and I spend most of my time in the Bay Area so it was just easier to purchase up here. If I moved back home in LA I would have definitely bought from either Keyes or Glendale since my family has bought cars from both in the past.
If you go to Keyes Lexus ask for Joey, he is the internet fleet director and I got my last 3 cars from him. he is very fair competitive and is always going to make that deal to sell a car You're not dealing with just a sales person as he is the Internet fleet director. Keyes has tons of cars in various color combinations so finding the car you want won't be an issue they're a huge dealer
Old 12-14-14, 09:57 AM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bgaerttner

Originally Posted by hoya08
Not uncommon.

Of the 3 Lexus dealers who returned my inquiry for a build request. One clearly stated they would not negotiate on the price. Needless to say they lost a customer as I explained to them this wasn't my first time ordering a car.
@ bgaerttner = You read correctly. I laughed at the guy's face. Then he dared to ask if he was competing against another dealer. I said hell yeah! He claimed it is tough to get the IS with F-Sport and that the price is fair. I said it was B.S. and I left. That's one thing you should learn - to walk out when things get uncomfortable

@ hoya08 = Agree. Dealers are so dumb telling potential buyers upfront that they won't discount a penny off the MSRP. That causes them to lose the client right away! At least, I wouldn't buy a car that I am not saving anything off the MSRP. Bunch of dumb rats
Old 12-14-14, 10:04 AM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Hi guys,

1st dealer:

2nd dealer:

Update:

Went back to 1st dealer as they called me and gave me a price of $40,612 for a '15 IS250 F-Sport AWD. I have the choice of Nebula Gray Pearl or Ultra White, but the Ultra White has to be shipped from another dealer. Total discount off MSRP $45665 is $5,053! A bit more than 11%. Did I do good? Can I still get more off? Let me know your thoughts.

Quick Reply: Price Paid for an IS250/350?