IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Price Paid for an IS250/350?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-14, 09:13 PM
Akrkwk
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dave70
YOU ARE CONFUSED MY FRIEND -- "due at signing" is NOT A CAP COST REDUCTION--- nys sales tax, bank fee, doc fee of 75 and reg. Msd's are not allowed in new york state but then again nor are 500 doc fees which are allowed in ct and nj where msds are allowed . I have done MSDs before and they are a good option but when you lease a car outside of NYS as a NYS resident the REG fees are about $250, you have to deal with the doc fees that the other states are allowed to jack up to offset the MSD savings, and you then have to take the car and get it inspected in New York. The benefit is greatly reduced.

Lexus picked up the first payment. If i wanted to roll eveything into my payment and drive off i would have paid about 415 per month for a $49,800 car

i know what i got and doubt anyone here has received a better deal....
Ohhh ok No MSDs are allowed in NY
But doesnt $1850 still be considered as cap reduction? i get the MSD part but still cant understand why you paid $1850 upfront unless you just wanted ur payment to be in 300s which doesnt make any differences in final lease cost. If anything happens like, getting ur car totalled then its alll gone.. Does NY require you to pay TTL upfront instrad of having them rolled into final negotiated selling price? I always had TTL rolled into the final selling price
Here in CA, TTL is about 1200-1300 with a first mo payment waived by Toyota Financial

im so much relieved to see the same MF for december I just signed the deal a week ago on my Is250

Can yoy explain how ur pmt could have been 415 with $0 drive off? If you put $1850 and divide that into 27mo if we suppose you didnt pay that $1850 then $68 (1850/27) should be added to $365 that equals to 433/month

When i leased a Bmw M4 back in sep 29th bmwfs came out with 1% higher residual for oct with $1000 innovation credit Thats could have lowered my payment by almost $70 that was a huge loss for getting a car threedays earlier!
Anyway congrats with your car i am sure IS350 is so much funer to drive with that torque
i wanted a is350 too the quote i got was 420/month 9% tax included 15k for 24mo With max MSDs and $1000 new grad incentive so your deal seems to be very good and it even has higher MSRP, my main goal was to lower the MO payment and have a decent DD as i already have a M4 for joy ride.
What i think is irony is that both BMWFS or TYFS never asked for proof of employment per their new grad incentive program requirement.

Last edited by Akrkwk; 12-01-14 at 09:49 PM.
Old 12-02-14, 06:17 AM
DoggieDays
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bgaerttner
I agree with you on multiple security deposits, but you're missing the fact that the 1850 is probably being applied to fees, taxes, etc - things that will need to be rolled into the lease and will increase the payment accordingly if he doesn't pay them up front. It does look like he got a super deal though, but you're right - pay the money factor down, reduce the payment, and get the deposits back at the end.
Reading through this forum taught me to put zero down. At closing I put $3.3k down all towards MSD's. All fees rolled into the lease and considering the low MF after MSD's interest almost nothing. Also got 13.7% off MSRP. Thank you all for your contributions.

Last edited by DoggieDays; 12-02-14 at 06:21 AM.
Old 12-02-14, 06:44 AM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by DoggieDays
Reading through this forum taught me to put zero down. At closing I put $3.3k down all towards MSD's. All fees rolled into the lease and considering the low MF after MSD's interest almost nothing. Also got 13.7% off MSRP. Thank you all for your contributions.
Oh yes - you broke the code - you will always get good deals on cars from here on out!
Old 12-02-14, 07:20 AM
dave70
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Akrkwk
Ohhh ok No MSDs are allowed in NY
But doesnt $1850 still be considered as cap reduction? i get the MSD part but still cant understand why you paid $1850 upfront unless you just wanted ur payment to be in 300s which doesnt make any differences in final lease cost. If anything happens like, getting ur car totalled then its alll gone.. Does NY require you to pay TTL upfront instrad of having them rolled into final negotiated selling price? I always had TTL rolled into the final selling price
Here in CA, TTL is about 1200-1300 with a first mo payment waived by Toyota Financial

im so much relieved to see the same MF for december I just signed the deal a week ago on my Is250

Can yoy explain how ur pmt could have been 415 with $0 drive off? If you put $1850 and divide that into 27mo if we suppose you didnt pay that $1850 then $68 (1850/27) should be added to $365 that equals to 433/month

When i leased a Bmw M4 back in sep 29th bmwfs came out with 1% higher residual for oct with $1000 innovation credit Thats could have lowered my payment by almost $70 that was a huge loss for getting a car threedays earlier!
Anyway congrats with your car i am sure IS350 is so much funer to drive with that torque
i wanted a is350 too the quote i got was 420/month 9% tax included 15k for 24mo With max MSDs and $1000 new grad incentive so your deal seems to be very good and it even has higher MSRP, my main goal was to lower the MO payment and have a decent DD as i already have a M4 for joy ride.
What i think is irony is that both BMWFS or TYFS never asked for proof of employment per their new grad incentive program requirement.
A cap cost reduction is a down payment to lower the purchase price of the car, separate and apart from taxes and fees. And you also have to pay sales tax on a CCR. I estimated the rolled in up front fees, on a 27 mos. lease you are right - it would be more than $415

This little car is fun to drive in sport + mode. We have an Rx 350 and its a total bore. We also have an E93 M3 convertible and its less tossable (weighs over 4k pounds) than the I 350 F sport.

I suppose the only downside to rolling everything into the lease is that you pay interest on it during the lease term. I have done it both ways.

Last edited by dave70; 12-02-14 at 07:23 AM.
Old 12-04-14, 10:28 PM
Willie133
Driver School Candidate

Looking to buy a 2015 IS250 F-Sport (Ultra White/Roja Red) soon in SoCal.
Planning to hit up places like Longo/Glendale this weekend to negotiate or even ready to pick up the car if I strike a deal.

I see some I like with MSRP at 43,599 but I'm planning to finance with $10k down. Have great credit but I'm not sure if being a first time buyer (bought a used car full in cash before) will effect my APR, if so I can always put someone as my cosigner.

Wondering what I should be expecting when trying to strike up a decent deal and if anyone else in my area (know a lot of people are from SoCal here) recently financed a similar build.

Has anyone gotten anywhere near $40K OTD or even better?
Old 12-04-14, 10:36 PM
tea
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Willie133
Looking to buy a 2015 IS250 F-Sport (Ultra White/Roja Red) soon in SoCal.
Planning to hit up places like Longo/Glendale this weekend to negotiate or even ready to pick up the car if I strike a deal.

I see some I like with MSRP at 43,599 but I'm planning to finance with $10k down. Have great credit but I'm not sure if being a first time buyer (bought a used car full in cash before) will effect my APR, if so I can always put someone as my cosigner.

Wondering what I should be expecting when trying to strike up a decent deal and if anyone else in my area (know a lot of people are from SoCal here) recently financed a similar build.

Has anyone gotten anywhere near $40K OTD or even better?
nope, not possible. especially for a white with roja interior
Old 12-04-14, 10:47 PM
sinuspain
Driver School Candidate

$40990 (before tax and other fees) for a 2014 is350 fsport with nav, mark levinson, and the blind spot mirrors. got a nice deal since it was right before thanksgiving and they were trying to sell the 2014s.
Old 12-05-14, 05:34 AM
Akrkwk
Rookie

Originally Posted by tea
nope, not possible. especially for a white with roja interior
Well hopefully ill be able to help you with my post
For last a month, i spent so much time negotiating and searching for UW/RR to match my alpine white M4 with shakir orange Long story short, you cant expect same discount on this combo as you would on different color they are kind of rare and in high demands

I got mine from santa monica lexus $4700 off msrp I could have gotten nebula with RR for $5300 0ff But i paid $600 extra simply to match my M4
Old 12-05-14, 09:35 AM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

For last a month, i spent so much time negotiating and searching for UW/RR to match my alpine white M4 with shakir orange Long story short, you cant expect same discount on this combo as you would on different color they are kind of rare and in high demands

I got mine from santa monica lexus $4700 off msrp I could have gotten nebula with RR for $5300 0ff But i paid $600 extra simply to match my M4
Agree. UW w/ RR is super high demand!! I got quoted for a Nebula Gray as well as a Black one and they were both less $$$ than the UW. Although the UW was in stock and inside the showroom, I said I was ready to take it home right then if the deal was right. Salesman laughed
Old 12-05-14, 09:42 AM
theoryguy3
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sinuspain
$40990 (before tax and other fees) for a 2014 is350 fsport with nav, mark levinson, and the blind spot mirrors. got a nice deal since it was right before thanksgiving and they were trying to sell the 2014s.
That's an awesome deal
Old 12-05-14, 12:31 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by sinuspain
Super deal - congrats!
Old 12-05-14, 04:14 PM
JustinM
Driver School Candidate

Default What dealer in NY Dave?

Can you tell me what dealer you got the car from?
Old 12-05-14, 04:54 PM
Rebirthing
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Custom Ordered 2015 Lexus IS250
Exterior: Atomic Silver
Interior: Rioja Red
  • F-Sport Package
  • Blind Spot Monitor
  • Mark Levinson Audio System
  • Illuminated Door Sill
  • Rear Spoiler
MSRP: $45,400
The deal I got was around $40,500 before tax / fees

Last edited by Rebirthing; 12-05-14 at 04:58 PM.
Old 12-05-14, 06:27 PM
Willie133
Driver School Candidate

Actually that was very helpful. What was your OTD price if you don't mind me asking? And did you also get a 250 F Sport? I know a lot of people here were able to negotiate because they paid the car flat out but I'm financing and there aren't as many people on this thread financing.

Thanks!
Old 12-05-14, 07:19 PM
ayotomy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Willie133
Actually that was very helpful. What was your OTD price if you don't mind me asking? And did you also get a 250 F Sport? I know a lot of people here were able to negotiate because they paid the car flat out but I'm financing and there aren't as many people on this thread financing.

Thanks!
Average is 40xxx otd for a i250 fsport

Quick Reply: Price Paid for an IS250/350?