IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Price Paid for an IS250/350?

Old 10-06-14, 04:53 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by bgaerttner
Actually, invoice is not the best gauge to use these days - lexus and the dealers can play games using "invoice." It's better to use sites like this one and Edmunds to see what percentage off msrp folks are getting in your area.
True! My local Lexus dealer was playing games with me with their invoices, but I told them I wasn't playing
Old 10-06-14, 05:04 PM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wait, how could they play the Invoice price when it's written in paper from Lexus? Some dealers get discounts from my understanding, depending on how good the dealership is at selling cars.
Old 10-06-14, 05:12 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by drbazing
Wait, how could they play the Invoice price when it's written in paper from Lexus? Some dealers get discounts from my understanding, depending on how good the dealership is at selling cars.
I said this because somehow my dealer came up with a funny invoice showing full MSRP for the vehicle. They claimed "the IS is a high-demand car and they're selling, so if you want it that's our price". It was straight forward like that - so much that I got up and left. Mind you that I know the salesman and this was coming from the sales manager, so the salesman then called me to apologize if the guy was rude. Anyways, the truth of the matter is that dealers can play with invoice and twist it to their convenience. One should be very cautious when taking a look at it to ensure one is not getting ripped-off!
Old 10-06-14, 05:15 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lexi90
I said this because somehow my dealer came up with a funny invoice showing full MSRP for the vehicle. They claimed "the IS is a high-demand car and they're selling, so if you want it that's our price". It was straight forward like that - so much that I got up and left. Mind you that I know the salesman and this was coming from the sales manager, so the salesman then called me to apologize if the guy was rude. Anyways, the truth of the matter is that dealers can play with invoice and twist it to their convenience. One should be very cautious when taking a look at it to ensure one is not getting ripped-off!
Also, a good resource is TrueCar.com. You can compare what others have paid for the same vehicle + they give you a certificate with your MSRP savings for you to print and bring in to dealer. My dad used it when he bought his brand new Wrangler and it was very smoothly with the local dealer he went to.
Old 10-06-14, 05:29 PM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree with everything you're saying. My point was just that there's an official document for the invoice price. This is the first thing I asked for when sitting down with the salesman. Followed with the MF documents. These documents they won't let you keep from what I remember?
Old 10-06-14, 05:36 PM
lexi90
Lexus Champion

I agree with everything you're saying. My point was just that there's an official document for the invoice price. This is the first thing I asked for when sitting down with the salesman. Followed with the MF documents. These documents they won't let you keep from what I remember?
I got you. They do keep these documents as you are not allowed to take them outside the dealer. I think its because they think you're going to go to another dealer and show them what other dealers have offered you.
Old 10-06-14, 09:18 PM
1stis350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my 2014 today is350 f today 48k white on red all option with upside down trade of 1700
Old 10-06-14, 10:49 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

The problem is that many folks believe that "invoice" is the Dealer's cost, and in some cases it might be - but as you know and have mentioned, there are a number of incentives that the normal customer is not privy to so the ACTUAL dealer's cost is difficult to pin down. This pretty much renders the "invoice" cost useless when trying to negotiate. And as lexi90 points out, some dealers are known to show a customer a document they represent as the "invoice" which in reality that's not what it is at all. Also, as member lesz points out, sometimes the manufacturer changes invoice price in the middle of a model year which further complicates trying to pin down a good target price. So, if you approach it from a logical standpoint, msrp is the most dependable number to base your negotiation on. The trick is to determine the state of the market in your area and shoot for getting the best percentage discount from msrp based on what the vehicle is selling for in your location. If you get a deal of 15% off msrp and the going average for your location is 12-15%, invoice price is meaningless.
Old 10-09-14, 11:32 AM
EthanV
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im helpig a friend to get an IS250 Fsport without Navi 2014 new. What is the good deal now Dallas area. How much do we expected to pay before tax. Thank you
Old 10-09-14, 11:59 AM
ApexSilver
Driver School Candidate

Ethan your inbox is full.

Last edited by ApexSilver; 10-11-14 at 10:58 AM.
Old 10-09-14, 12:04 PM
ApexSilver
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1stis350
Got my 2014 today is350 f today 48k white on red all option with upside down trade of 1700
Not sure how good a deal I may be getting but...No trade in

2015 is350 , F sport, nav, blind spot, vgrs, and what seems to be standard trunk matt, whl locks package for 45,200...There invoice shows a total of 47,919 including a $925 delivery/processing

Haven't signed yet but financing is in the works...
Old 10-09-14, 01:22 PM
1stis350
Driver School Candidate

wow seem really good
Originally Posted by ApexSilver

2015 is350 , F sport, nav, blind spot, vgrs, and what seems to be standard trunk matt, whl locks package for 45,200...There invoice shows a total of 47,919 including a $925 delivery/processing

Old 10-09-14, 02:34 PM
ApexSilver
Driver School Candidate

wow seem really good
Okay good, I have read some of the post on here but nothing in depth...

Yeah we previously had an A4 that was fully loaded with almost every option buildwise except prestige package.

I totalled it and now my wife wanted to move to another brand, 1 being mercedes and the only other thing I showed her that caught her eye was the newer lexus IS F's. We literally debated on this for over a week.

Mercedes E350 - 2014, CPO Original list price of almost 59-60k new, had most sought after options but has 15k on the odometer.

Or this IS350 F Sport deal we are currently working on. Both are priced within $200 of each other so payments are roughly the same besides maybe a point difference in APR due to one being used and other new.

I really like both cars, the IS being more my type as I drive an Evo X, the Mercedes seems a little above it's class but both seem to have its purpose. I think long term if we where to plan to keep either car after 50k miles the Lexus would be cheaper to maintain so I really pushed her towards the lexus in the long run. Plus it seems Lexus can't even keep certain color combinations long enough which really seems like a good sign in it's long term depreciation value.
Old 10-09-14, 02:43 PM
ApexSilver
Driver School Candidate

All options include mark levinson?
Old 10-10-14, 01:58 AM
jeffyffej
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ApexSilver

I would try to negotiate it down another 1k especially if there isn't Mark Levinson sound. I was able to get mine fully loaded for mid 44K. After CA Taxes came out to almost 49K.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Price Paid for an IS250/350?