IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Price Paid for an IS250/350?

Old 08-10-14, 09:05 PM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MiamiGuy28
Sorry it comes across that way, as it's not my intention. I definitely can't return it, but if it wasn't for this forum and this specific thread, I would have been clueless. This thread and site have been HUGE, as this is my first Lexus. So thanks everyone for posting their deals, as it helped me gauge on what was possible or not.

Definitely not bragging because why would I ask if it was a good deal if that was my intention? Makes zero sense. Just wanted feedback. Sounds like I made out ok from the few responses. Maybe I could I have pushed harder, but it didn't seem the manager would budge.

Also, he claimed that getting a ML option on these cars was next to impossible so I bypassed that. For sure he was full of it.

Thanks again everyone. I love this car. This site rocks.

Everi IS350 FSport here in SoCal has the ML option. I haven't seen a 350 without it at my dealers
Old 08-10-14, 10:39 PM
kmanpete24
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys, my official 2014 IS350 deal was:

MSRP: $47,583 (F-Sport, Nav, Blind-Spot, white/red combo)

Negotiated Price: $40,826.33
Final Price + taxes + fees: $45,600.

0.9% financing over 60 months

Clearly, not $41k out the door, but how did I fare guys? Good, bad, so-so!?
Which dealer did you go to? You have a hell of a deal..
Old 08-11-14, 03:22 AM
MiamiGuy28
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dstopsie
Everi IS350 FSport here in SoCal has the ML option. I haven't seen a 350 without it at my dealers
So interesting. I'm in Florida and not one dealer had the ML option in any of their cars on the lot. Not one dealer and I reached out to 4 locally to me.

First I don't believe what the salespeople tell me, period. However, they all told me a ML equipped vehicle would be a special order. I didn't want to wait 8 weeks for an option that I'm sure is awesome, but will just increase the price and make negotiating harder.

Either way, I wish FL had ML equipped cars like Cali. I find it so odd nobody had not one car with that option on their lots over here.
Old 08-11-14, 03:23 AM
MiamiGuy28
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kmanpete24
Which dealer did you go to? You have a hell of a deal..
I went to Lexus of Pembroke Pines in South Florida.

I think I saw another member on here buy from this dealer in the earlier pages.
Old 08-11-14, 05:04 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

in Houston at least all the IS350 F Sports were ordered with ML package which includes navi
Old 08-11-14, 10:05 AM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

So interesting. I'm in Florida and not one dealer had the ML option in any of their cars on the lot. Not one dealer and I reached out to 4 locally to me.

First I don't believe what the salespeople tell me, period. However, they all told me a ML equipped vehicle would be a special order. I didn't want to wait 8 weeks for an option that I'm sure is awesome, but will just increase the price and make negotiating harder.

Either way, I wish FL had ML equipped cars like Cali. I find it so odd nobody had not one car with that option on their lots over here.
I wouldn't worry too much about the ML - you got a smokin deal on the car so that should take some of disappointment out of the stereo thing. From what I've read on this board, there are people who love the ML but there are also people who are disappointed with it. If you want to improve the sound of the standard stereo, there are probably some inexpensive aftermarket upgrades that will help you do that.

Anyway, great deal and enjoy the new car!

Bill G
Old 08-11-14, 11:14 AM
MiamiGuy28
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bgaerttner
I wouldn't worry too much about the ML - you got a smokin deal on the car so that should take some of disappointment out of the stereo thing. From what I've read on this board, there are people who love the ML but there are also people who are disappointed with it. If you want to improve the sound of the standard stereo, there are probably some inexpensive aftermarket upgrades that will help you do that.

Anyway, great deal and enjoy the new car!

Bill G
Thanks Bill. Thanks for your response and feedback to others on here. I followed your comments and feedback to others and it helped in my negotiations. Thank you kindly man.

I feel better about bypassing the ML option after your comment. I assumed everyone made it seem like it's a "must." I'm ok without it. Thanks again Bill.
Old 08-11-14, 04:04 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

So my dealer finally "worked on" some numbers.... They sent me the standard crap you get on Lexus financial's website, 15k miles, 36 months, $2,159 down and a whopping $537 per month. (2015 IS250 F sport with nav and cross traffic MSRP $43,484) They have a car allocated for me and it would be my 4th car bought there but this is not an acceptable price and I don't feel like they even tried. They took a close cropped picture of a price grid that also showed 24 and 27 months and payments with even more money down and texted it to me which I found unprofessional. I responded around noon today telling them that it was too much and that I needed to see all of the numbers, sale price, residual and money factor and it has been crickets.... I will email other dealers but I am trying to wait for them to get their inventory of 2015's.

Any advice?
Old 08-11-14, 05:16 PM
kchemist
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by wednesday
So my dealer finally "worked on" some numbers.... They sent me the standard crap you get on Lexus financial's website, 15k miles, 36 months, $2,159 down and a whopping $537 per month. (2015 IS250 F sport with nav and cross traffic MSRP $43,484) They have a car allocated for me and it would be my 4th car bought there but this is not an acceptable price and I don't feel like they even tried. They took a close cropped picture of a price grid that also showed 24 and 27 months and payments with even more money down and texted it to me which I found unprofessional. I responded around noon today telling them that it was too much and that I needed to see all of the numbers, sale price, residual and money factor and it has been crickets.... I will email other dealers but I am trying to wait for them to get their inventory of 2015's.

Any advice?
My advice to you is go for a 2014 IS rather than 2015. Its the same car and its not worth the price that you have to pay for a 2015. Get a good deal on 2014.
Old 08-11-14, 05:21 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kchemist
My advice to you is go for a 2014 IS rather than 2015. Its the same car and its not worth the price that you have to pay for a 2015. Get a good deal on 2014.
Problem is I am picky about color and none of the 2014 options did it for me, I was waiting on Atomic silver on the F Sport. I may just have to keep waiting but I won't pay that.
Old 08-11-14, 06:31 PM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Problem is I am picky about color and none of the 2014 options did it for me, I was waiting on Atomic silver on the F Sport. I may just have to keep waiting but I won't pay that.
wait til the car has been out for a little bit, then go to true car or costco pricing. Are you even negotiating with the internet department? or their fleet sales?

you aren't going to get a decent deal on a new year model when they don't even have the car on the lot. have you emailed other dealers for pricing?

you are too anxious for this car and they know it, so its going against you.

Last edited by dstopsie; 08-11-14 at 07:21 PM.
Old 08-11-14, 06:51 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

I know you're getting lots of advice Wednesday but one option you might consider is to extend your current lease - check with LFS on the details - I extended a Honda lease and went on a month to month basis which allowed me a lot of flexibility when I was able to make my next deal. The payment stays the same and they adjust the residual accordingly. This option might give you the time to land a better deal than what they are offering now.

Bill G
Old 08-11-14, 06:54 PM
LexusNoob7
Driver School Candidate

Just got a 2014 IS 350 F Sport w/ Navigation. Ultra White and Rioja Red.

$44,000 OTD ($41,150 + 6.75% sales tax)
Financed at .9%, downpayment of $10,000.

MRSP was $47,200.
Old 08-11-14, 07:01 PM
MiamiGuy28
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by LexusNoob7
Just got a 2014 IS 350 F Sport w/ Navigation. Ultra White and Rioja Red.

$44,000 OTD ($41,150 + 6.75% sales tax)
Financed at .9%, downpayment of $10,000.

MRSP was $47,200.
Nice deal! Congrats!

Where did you purchase. My negotiated price was lower than yours but my tax + fees were higher by $1500. Did you pay tax+ dealer doc or basic fees?

Congrats again!
Old 08-11-14, 07:06 PM
LexusNoob7
Driver School Candidate

Nice deal! Congrats!

Where did you purchase. My negotiated price was lower than yours but my tax + fees were higher by $1500. Did you pay tax+ dealer doc or basic fees?

Congrats again!
I honestly don't know. I negotiated OTD pruce from the beginning. That was my calculation on what I got MSRP down to based on the 6.75% tax in GA.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Price Paid for an IS250/350?