IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Price Paid for an IS250/350?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-14, 12:54 AM
WiLz
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since I have received several inquiries about SoCal area dealers, I'll post my response here for reference. These numbers are from 2 months ago, so things may have changed, but it may give you an idea of how willing certain dealers are to negotiate. All the numbers below are before tax & licensing, and they are all IS350 F-sport that include Nav, BSM, and some combination of Trunk Mat, Cargo Net, Wheel Lock, and/or Bumper Applique. Also, none of these were "final" negotiations (more just like "feelers" while I was looking for the exact car I wanted), so there is probably a bit more room to work in most of these prices once you are willing to commit:
First stop I made was Tustin Lexus, at that time they did not have any White ones. So I left without negotiating a deal, and I don't know what kind of discount they'll offer.

Next stop was Newport Lexus. They also had no White ones on the lot. They found a White/Black with no ML at their sister dealership in Palm Springs, and they said they would drive it down for me if I wanted it. I was able to negotiate that car down to almost $4,000 below MSRP (offer $43,000 for a car with MSRP $46,922). But I ended up not pursing the deal because the car already had 100+ miles on it from being transported to Palm Springs, and would now add another 100+ miles to have it driven back. Newport Lexus did straight up offer me $2,000 off invoice (before any negotiations) on a Silver/Red on their lot though, but I was only looking for White. So you may be able to get a nice deal on a car on their lot if you are flexible on color.

I also visited Longo Lexus, but they also had no White cars in stock. I did try asking if they would go $2,000 below invoice if they had the car. The salesperson said he can try. From what I could gather, they seemed like they would at least be willing to work in the $1,000 to $1,500 below invoice price range. He said the deal through Costco Auto (without having to negotiate) was $400 off invoice, so I figured you can at least do better than that.

I never visited Ontario Lexus, but I did e-mail their internet sales. They offered me $43,222 on a Silver car with MSRP $47,008 (no ML). I told them I'm only looking for White. The guy told me if I liked his numbers, he could bring one in from a sister store. I replied saying I'm looking for $2,000 off invoice. He never got back to me, probably because my offer was too low for him. So if you are okay with the $43,222 price, you could see if they'll find you one, and then try to knock a couple hundred more off.

I visited Westminster Lexus, and also contacted their internet sales. They had no White cars in stock. They were trying to tell me that the demand was very high for White, and most are selling near MSRP. I asked if he could go anywhere near $2,000 off invoice. He said no, and that if I could find a place that would do it, I should buy it there. You may get them to give you a decent discount on non-White though.

Then, I visited Lexus Mission Viejo. My advice: Don't go there. They did have a White/Red & a White/Black on the lot. But then I figured out why they still had them: the salesperson came back and said "I don't want to go back and forth with you cuz it's late, so I'll give you a good offer: $1,500 over invoice" I told him no thanks, how about $2,000 below invoice. He asked me if I would take it at invoice. I asked him if he could at least go below invoice. He said no and sent me on my way. So only go here if you like to be ripped off.

Lastly, I called Lexus Carlsbad, and they told me they have a White/Red w/ ML, & a White/Black no ML on the lot. They were willing to go down to $750 off invoice for the White/Red, and said they can at most go down to $1,000 off invoice if I commit. The White/Black (no ML) they were willing to sell for $1,250 off invoice, likely a bit more room to negotiate there too.

I ended up buying from Lexus Riverside. I first contacted them through their internet sales department. They offered me $44,815 on a White/Red w/ ML (MSRP $48,062). After a couple e-mails back and forth, they agreed to a price of $43,750 (about $4,300 off MSRP). They also had no problem letting me stack the $1,000 Lexus Lane Change Discount Certificate, the $1,000 College Grad Rebate, and the $750 APR cash, for a total of $2,750 additional discount off the negotiated price. My final out-the-door price (including tax & license) for White/Red with ML was right at $45,000.
Sorry for the long post, hopefully it's somewhat helpful to those still shopping.

Originally Posted by alpha12
Are you sure about the no penalties for paying off the loan early? I financed the minimum 15k to qualify for the 750$ finance rebate/1k$ student grad rebate but was told I had to keep it for a minimum of 6 months then I could pay the rest off with no risk of the rebate(s) being retracted.
No, I'm not sure there are no consequences for paying off the loan early, as I have not done this myself. But there have been others who posted on the forum saying they paid off the loan in 1 or 2 payments, and supposedly had no problems with the rebates. What is certain is that there is no "pre-payment penalty" on the LFS side, meaning they do not charge you a fee to pay off the loan early. But whether or not paying it off prematurely will affect the rebates is not certain, as it is not specifically written in the rebate terms.

However, several dealers have given me different information: one said I must finance at least $5,000 and then can pay it off immediately; another said I must finance $10,000 and must make at least 1 payment before paying it off; yet another wanted me to finance $20,000 and keep the loan for 3 payments. So this contradicting information leads me to believe that the dealers are only saying this for their own benefit, since if this were actually a rule imposed by LFS, the terms should all be the same. Therefore, without any confirmed information, the decision of how early you can pay off the loan will have to be made at your own risk.

Originally Posted by keyframe13
Never negotiate the price before taxes and fees. It means nothing as you don;t know how they'll hit you with fees. Ask them what info they need to give you OTD price. usually zip code to calculate taxes.
There is actually nothing wrong with negotiating pre-tax & fee prices as long as you are a well informed consumer, have an idea of the approximate OTD price, and review the contract before signing. Most taxes and fees are fairly standard, so you should have an idea what the OTD should be, and it is not hard to spot fees that shouldn't be there. Therefore, IMO you should just negotiate whichever way you feel more comfortable. But I do agree that it is a good idea to ask for an exact OTD price before committing to any deals.
Old 04-14-14, 07:25 AM
socalocis
Driver School Candidate

Default student grad discount

Wilz, sent you a pm -Nick
Old 04-14-14, 09:05 AM
craigsager
Rookie

Wilz, great post. I don't know how recent your experience was, but I can chime in on my IS250 FSport. In late March, I had no issues with most dealership going to roughly $38,000 before TTL. Most were willing to compromise, although Westminster Lexus seems to me like the most unwilling out of all the dealerships I went to. In fact, I was told to come down and we can negotiate starting at invoice. When I got there, they quoted me invoice. I laughed and went on my way.

I would say Keyes and Longo were the two most willing to talk and deal. I ended up buying from Longo.
Old 04-14-14, 05:02 PM
Maxiii
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

does anyone know if you can get a 350 F Sport with out Mark Levinson?
Old 04-14-14, 05:06 PM
Maxiii
Rookie

Originally Posted by LexusISIS
Hi all

Just wanted to add my stats. Purchased the IS 350 F Sport during the last week of March 2014 in Los Angeles.

Color: Nebula Pearl Gray w/ Black Interior
Upgrades: Pretty standard configuration; with Mark Levison Audio/Navigation
Price Paid: $42,750 before taxes, title etc.

Car drives superb and enjoying the ride!
thats pretty good deal! Good to know you can get that price in CA. i live up in the bay area hopefully i can get that deal too. im still looking around, but not in a rush just yet.
Old 04-14-14, 06:11 PM
VGer
Rookie

Originally Posted by Helterran
Yep in texas. =)
Park Place Plano?
Old 04-14-14, 07:27 PM
WiLz
Driver

Originally Posted by Maxiii
does anyone know if you can get a 350 F Sport with out Mark Levinson?
Yes, I have seen plenty of 350 F-sports without Mark Levinson at the dealers. Generally those with MSRP of $46,XXX to low-$47K don't have Mark Levinson, and those over $48K have Mark Levinson.
Old 04-14-14, 07:34 PM
Maxiii
Rookie

Originally Posted by WiLz
Yes, I have seen plenty of 350 F-sports without Mark Levinson at the dealers. Generally those with MSRP of $46,XXX to low-$47K don't have Mark Levinson, and those over $48K have Mark Levinson.
ohh ic. thanks! maybe i can get a better deal without having the Mark Levinson, unless its worth coughing up extra for it?
Old 04-14-14, 07:45 PM
tan9o
Driver School Candidate

2014 IS250
-F Sport
-Navigation
MSRP: 42,XXX
I paid 39,000
Old 04-14-14, 07:45 PM
WiLz
Driver

Originally Posted by Maxiii
ohh ic. thanks! maybe i can get a better deal without having the Mark Levinson, unless its worth coughing up extra for it?
When I was shopping, dealers didn't seem to give more discount on cars with or without ML. The price difference will basically be about the difference in cost of the ML. So it depends if you think the ML is worth the extra ~$1,000. You should go to a dealer and listen to them side-by-side and decide for yourself. If it doesn't matter to you either way, then you'll probably get the best deal on whatever they've had sitting on the lot.
Old 04-14-14, 07:50 PM
Maxiii
Rookie

Originally Posted by WiLz
When I was shopping, dealers didn't seem to give more discount on cars with or without ML. The price difference will basically be about the difference in cost of the ML. So it depends if you think the ML is worth the extra ~$1,000. You should go to a dealer and listen to them side-by-side and decide for yourself. If it doesn't matter to you either way, then you'll probably get the best deal on whatever they've had sitting on the lot.
ok. i'll check that out and determine whatever deal is better then. Thanks again!
Old 04-14-14, 08:21 PM
craigsager
Rookie

Originally Posted by tan9o
2014 IS250
-F Sport
-Navigation
MSRP: 42,XXX
I paid 39,000

I assume before TTL?
Old 04-15-14, 01:49 PM
ntrinsik
Driver School Candidate

Is the current 36mo/10k lease residual 60%?
Old 04-15-14, 04:16 PM
KS13
Driver

Default Good deal?

Alright so leased for the first time and got the 2014 Lexus IS350 AWD f Sport on 3/31/14.

Wondering if I got a good deal?

Model: 2014 Lexus IS350 AWD FSport ultra white with black interior, Blind Spot with Rear Cross Traffic, Navigation package (includes the backup camera), assessor package (trunk mat, cargo net, wheel locks, rear bumper appliqué ).

Total MSRP: $48,953

Negotiated to $46,000.
27 month lease. 10K miles/year
First month payment rebate.
So I gave $2499 down payment which includes:
Cap cost reduction: 1249.56
Title+registration fees: 168.00
Tax on cap cost reduction: 54.85
Acquisition fee: $700
Tax on upfrnt: 49.00
Doc fee: 289.00

Residual value is $35,246.16
Rent charge: 1632.37

Monthly payment $450 (all taxes included) for 26 months (first month paid by Lexus rebate)

Also ended up getting the Lexus excess wear and tear up to $7500 total + Simonized interior and exterior glass coating for the lease for $15.59 more each month.(405.34 total for the wedges wear tear stuff after 26 months).

So total monthly payment each month 465.59. (All taxes included).

I don't know the money factor (and I never asked)? But I have perfect credit, my score when they pulled was 850 out of 900.

This is the first time I leased so I don't know if I got ripped off or not?

Last edited by KS13; 04-15-14 at 04:44 PM.
Old 04-15-14, 04:18 PM
tan9o
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by craigsager
I assume before TTL?
Yes that is correct.

Quick Reply: Price Paid for an IS250/350?