IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Price Paid for an IS250/350?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-14, 06:33 PM
ejpyong
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, MSRP is $48,298. I went to Keyes Lexus in Van Nuys.

There were no incentives, and the whole buying process was surprisingly easy.

me: I'll jump on it if it's $42K.
dealer: OK, we'll give it to you for $42K.
me: Uhh, what?

Ask for Katherine.

Originally Posted by bgaerttner
Congrats on the great deal - enjoy your new IS!

Could you share the msrp and the dealer?

Were there any incentives involved that a routine customer might not get?

Thanks, Bill G
Old 03-25-14, 07:50 PM
gmanusmc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by ejpyong

Ask for Katherine.
Wow - sounds like a painless negotiation - thanks for the info.
Old 03-25-14, 08:56 PM
craigsager
Rookie

Ask for Katherine.
Wow. I'm negotiating right now with an nternet sales manager and he won't budge on my offer. Lol. Wish mines went as easily. Did your $42k include destination?

Last edited by craigsager; 03-25-14 at 09:00 PM.
Old 03-25-14, 09:47 PM
WiLz
Driver

Originally Posted by craigsager
Wow. I'm negotiating right now with an nternet sales manager and he won't budge on my offer. Lol. Wish mines went as easily. Did your $42k include destination?
Try contacting the sales person he mentioned and ask for the same deal. Another factor may be color combination, as most dealers are less willing to deal on popular color combos.
Old 03-25-14, 10:20 PM
zhawks
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bgaerttner
The quick answer to your question is that incentives and money factors are not as good at the beginning of a model year - you should be ok on residuals.

Just curious - what is it that you need that requires a special order for a vehicle you intend to lease?
Cutting a great deal is really difficult on a special order, particularly at the beginning of a model year.

Bill G
The two dealers I've talked to have said that if I want an IS 350 AWD F-sport with Mark Levinson & BSM, I need to special order. I guess there are not too many out there right now that are available in the Midwest. I would prefer getting the Nebula Grey with the Light Grey interior too, so I'm guessing that is a rare combination. Haven't reached the point where I should consider other color combinations. Still trying to find info on how durable the Nuluxe material is. Saw a few major scratches in the Red Nuluxe of the car I test drove last week.
Old 03-26-14, 06:23 AM
ejpyong
Driver School Candidate

Haha. Yes it did include destination. I made a typo in my earlier post - the OTD price was a little over $46K. Truecar and Edmunds priced the car around $43K around LA about two weeks ago. I'm guessing prices would be better now that it's end of the month. Good luck!

Old 03-26-14, 09:39 AM
craigsager
Rookie

Is it at all possible to get the 250 in a Fsport w/o Navi through a special order? I think I can live w/o the navi option and it would help bring down the cost a lot. Seems weird for them to force a navi on an fsport.
Old 03-26-14, 09:41 AM
craigsager
Rookie

Haha. Yes it did include destination. I made a typo in my earlier post - the OTD price was a little over $46K. Truecar and Edmunds priced the car around $43K around LA about two weeks ago. I'm guessing prices would be better now that it's end of the month. Good luck!

Is the lady who helped you katherine kim? I looked on their website and it says she's a "product demonstrator"? I'm trying to get a 250 for $41k OTD and the sales guy says it's too low. If you were able to get a 350 for a tad over $46k OTD, then I don't see why my asking price is too low. The extra HP and ML audio is already a $5k difference.

I'm wondering if I should jump over him and e-mail the internet sales manager. To be honest I didn't like the way he's negotiating with me from the start. He keeps trying to push me away from the fsport. I assume it's because they have excess stock of other options.

Last edited by craigsager; 03-26-14 at 09:47 AM.
Old 03-26-14, 10:23 AM
ejpyong
Driver School Candidate

Yup, that's her. I talked with Sam Santoso after getting my Truecar price and talked with Katherine since.

I think the 250's might be selling for a smaller discount under invoice. Not saying it's impossible to get $41K OTD, but it might just require more work.

Is the lady who helped you katherine kim? I looked on their website and it says she's a "product demonstrator"? I'm trying to get a 250 for $41k OTD and the sales guy says it's too low. If you were able to get a 350 for a tad over $46k OTD, then I don't see why my asking price is too low. The extra HP and ML audio is already a $5k difference.

I'm wondering if I should jump over him and e-mail the internet sales manager. To be honest I didn't like the way he's negotiating with me from the start. He keeps trying to push me away from the fsport. I assume it's because they have excess stock of other options.
Old 03-26-14, 10:27 AM
craigsager
Rookie

Yup, that's her. I talked with Sam Santoso after getting my Truecar price and talked with Katherine since.

I think the 250's might be selling for a smaller discount under invoice. Not saying it's impossible to get $41K OTD, but it might just require more work.

From my understanding Sam Santoso is the internet sales manager so that's who I was thinking negotiating with directly. When you talked to Katherine, did you guys talk via e-mail or in person? I wonder if I talk to her, if she would know about my previous negotiations with my current sales guy.

Oh yeah, check this out. I was down at another Lexus dealership yesterday starting fresh negotiations. I laid out the $42k OTD as the base starting point because that's what I can get a white/red fsport for right now if I want. But I'm willing to take another color if they can drop a bit down from $42k. First thing out of the sales guys mouth was that $42k was too low and the other dealership is lying to me. When I told him I had that offer from more than one dealership, he didn't know what else to say. The real kicker comes as a slip up. I forgot how it came about but he basically said "yeah the IS have a huge profit margin right now" or something along that line. So yeah, take that for what it's worth.

Last edited by craigsager; 03-26-14 at 10:32 AM.
Old 03-26-14, 10:46 AM
ejpyong
Driver School Candidate

I hate that BS.

Yeah, I'm guessing Sam would have more control of the price. Talked with Katherine in person.

From my understanding Sam Santoso is the internet sales manager so that's who I was thinking negotiating with directly. When you talked to Katherine, did you guys talk via e-mail or in person? I wonder if I talk to her, if she would know about my previous negotiations with my current sales guy.

Oh yeah, check this out. I was down at another Lexus dealership yesterday starting fresh negotiations. I laid out the $42k OTD as the base starting point because that's what I can get a white/red fsport for right now if I want. But I'm willing to take another color if they can drop a bit down from $42k. First thing out of the sales guys mouth was that $42k was too low and the other dealership is lying to me. When I told him I had that offer from more than one dealership, he didn't know what else to say. The real kicker comes as a slip up. I forgot how it came about but he basically said "yeah the IS have a huge profit margin right now" or something along that line. So yeah, take that for what it's worth.
Old 03-26-14, 06:15 PM
huudoo
Driver School Candidate

that's what I did, $37.778 ..39.400 out the door...

Is it at all possible to get the 250 in a Fsport w/o Navi through a special order? I think I can live w/o the navi option and it would help bring down the cost a lot. Seems weird for them to force a navi on an fsport.
Old 03-26-14, 07:04 PM
craigsager
Rookie

Originally Posted by huudoo
that's what I did, $37.778 ..39.400 out the door...

Whoa. What did you tell them?
Old 03-26-14, 07:17 PM
craigsager
Rookie

Curious, when people say "end of the month" when referring to dealerships being more willing to deal, do they mean the last 2 days or so of the month? Or would we now be considered in "end of the month"?
Old 03-26-14, 09:32 PM
djsohott
Driver School Candidate

Hello Everyone, great info everyone provides.

Current offer I have on the table

IS350 F Sport AWD White with Red Interior
-Navigation
-Blind Spot
27 months, 10k miles
$2300 down (includes taxes , title, fees, 1st month payment)
399/mo

Good or Bad Deal?? Need to make a decision by weekend. Help!

Quick Reply: Price Paid for an IS250/350?